August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Highlighters - LORAC - Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is my HG highlighter!
Out of all my powder highlighters, I think that this one is absolutely the best for my skintone. Its color is very unique, from what I've tried; it's not super unnaturally light, and it's almost like a very diluted rose gold shade. There is a good amount of shimmer, but not enough to actually look super distracting. It looks absolutely gorgeous for a bright yet not unnatural glow, unlike some other highlighters which can look either too light or too pink.
The texture of this highlighter isn't my favorite; it does crumble very easily when you pick some up, so it's kind of loosely packed for a pressed highlighter. It's easy to pick up too much. However, I don't mind; it doesn't feel chalky at all. It almost has a "wet" texture; I don't really know how to describe it, but it's akin to the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow singles, if that helps at all.
The finish is very nice; it is very glowy and looks healthy on my skin. It stays on my face for the whole day, not much criticism here. As for price, it is slightly pricey, but it's reasonable for high end (I forgot what I got it for, exactly...). Overall, I loveee this highlighter- it really does make my skin look healthy and radiant in all the right ways. I highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by PamelaLW

What can I say? This is the only makeup product I have (ever) hit pan on. Yes, I have too much makeup, but this is the only product that I consistently reach for every single morning. It gives an incredible highlight but also works as an incredible finishing powder throughout all seasons, which is my most preferred method of application. The only thing I don't love is that I am using this up too quickly. The pan doesn't have a ton of product and you have to be sure to use a fluffy enough brush so that it doesn't get dusty - trust me, you don't want to waste this treasure of a product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color and the dewy, glowy effect of this highlighter. It's a great color for my fair, warm complexion. A little goes a long way and it does impart a sheen without looking glittery like a disco ball. The packaging is sturdy and holds up well in my purse. I also love that it has a mirror. I use a mini kabuki brush with this. The only problem is that it breaks me out. I figured out for sure that it's this highlighter by process of elimination. My skin is not all that sensitive so it's surprising and a shame. I have had to go back to Fresh face luster for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I freaking love this stuff. I wasn't exactly surprised at how buttery and smooth this is, considering that LORAC has some of the best textured bronzers in the industry. It has a light golden tone, but isn't too much. It goes beautifully over bronzer for that "glow" that I love so much. Great product, I have the mini size but I will purchase the regular size when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this highlighter. I wear highlighter every day, and I had been using other brands, primarily BE's clear radiance all over powder, which is a sparkly light pink highlighter. This highlighter comes in a compact, which is nice because it's more portable and I don't have to worry about spilling it. It is sort of a medium champagne color. As others have said, there is no gaudy sparkle and no glitter to this product - only a "glow". The powder is so velvety and smooth, and the particles are so fine that you can't see any noticeable sparkly dots on your face. It really does give you a bright glow. I use it primarily after I put on my makeup, including foundation & blush & powder. I usually dust it on the tops of my cheeks and around the outside of my eyes with a big fluffy brush. It helps make my skin look dewy and glowy..my skin has never felt prettier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

My first highlighter that I ever purchased. I purchased it for $8 at Sephora. It is a great highlighter not too shimmery. Love this highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by theduhanswer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

everyone else has already said it. i do double takes sometimes when i have this on, especially when it's gotten a chance to sit on my skin for an hour or two. it just sinks in naturally, and looks so luminous. i would definitely buy it again...and i don't buy anything again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Les281

I got this b/c I didnt have any type of highlighters and b/c of all the rave reviews. I do like the product b/c its not sparkly or ridiculously looking on the skin. It provides a very light glow and that is where I have a problem w/ this product although its lovely! I guess this is a personal pref but when I look at myself in the mirror after applying this i cant see the "glow" until I turn to the side. That being said I guess I should try a cream product. But it is a pretty golden glow which is perfec for my nc40 skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: i am still using this. once i had hit pan, it sort of crumbled, and since then i use the crumbly powder.
Another item i bought only because of MUA raves… I have Dior's Amber diamond, but this is much better… More realistic and luminous effect. Other than being overpriced (esp for the skimpy amount you get), there is nothing to complain about. The first highlighter i have tried that gives a soft luminous effect without looking obvious. My DIor and benefit high beam highlighters are not half as good. The only issue i have is the colour range. If it was expanded a teeensy bit more, i would rebuy. As it is.. Spotlight is very very good, but the price is exorbitant. If they offered a reasonably generous amount for this price, in a sliiightly darker hue, it'd be perfect, total HG. Right now... Nahhh wont rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by thelondongirl

HOLY GRAIL!highlighter!ive tried several including the famous becca shimmering skin perfector(which is good) but this one is hands down the best and the only one that does not make my pores look enlarged.unlike other highlighting powders it does not look shimmery in the compact form but gives the perfect natural highlight when applied to the face!im soo glad i discovered this product!!lovve!!i'm NC 30-35 for reference