October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Treatments - Yello-Out Clear Acrylic Top Coat - Natural Nail Whitener

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like the stained yellow look that some polishes give to nails after they've been removed. I don't find base coats make a difference, and I don't like to buff out the yellow as my nails are already thin. Yello-Out does the trick for me. I remove the polish and apply a single coat of this to bare nails. It dries very quickly and doesn't peel or bubble or do anything wierd, and is easy to remove. I leave it on for 3 - 4 days, as I don't like to switch polish around too much, but it does work to remove stains even if its only left on for a night so its pretty effective. The best thing about this polish is after removing the nails are permanently improved! I think the purple must penetrate the top layer of the nail and neutralise all the unwanted staining. The yellow is gone and the nails look healthy and lighter and whiter, ready to wear pale polishes or nothing at all, for simply healthy bare nails without the tell tale signs of the polish before. I like how my nail tips look whiter after I use this.

The color is clear and shiny with a slight lavender or uv purple tint. The purple tint is more obvious in the daylight, I don't notice is under night lights. If you are a male or an all-natural gal trying to remove smokers stains and you object to being seen with shiny or slightly purple polish in the daytime, try putting on a layer of matt clear topcoat afterward to tone down the shine or just wear over night. I was thinking about maybe mixing in a small amount of matt clear topcoat to the Yello-Out bottle itself to get a slightly less shiny finish. I am glad this product helps me return nails back to their natural state when needed.

My only annoyance is - where do I buy again? I had to buy online, I wish it was available everywhere as it is so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by alvirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After my nails became orange-stained from OPI Ridge Filler use, I bought a bottle of Yello-Out hoping that it would actually extract the stain. It does not do so, instead having an effect more like purple shampoo for the nail: visually neutralizing the colour until I stop using the Yello-Out. The tint is almost ultraviolet and is slight, much less noticeable than in the bottle, but it affects light colours worn over it by cooling them significantly. If worn alone on a nail whose staining is growing out, Yello-Out makes the nail look healthy where it is stained and blued where it is not stained, which tells me that it is acting as a good barrier against further staining, more effective in that respect than most basecoats I have tried. Unfortunately Yello-Out begins to peel badly in whole-nail pieces at the two day mark and without it my manicures last five days, so it is not practical for me to use all the time, just while growing out the stain before seeking a new whitening basecoat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore Yello-Out for its yellow stain neutralizing abilities, but I absolutely loathe how it chips & peels almost instantly. Expose your hands to water & forget it, polish peels off!

Otherwise I still love it, & I still use it on a regular basis. It's a transparent lavender-tinted polish that neutralizes the appearance of yellow stains in nails & REMOVES them! When I remove the polish from my previously yellowed nails, they are fresh & healthy looking.

Topping this with a layer of sheer white nailpolish results in the most gorgeous manicure. But it doesn't last. So I have to re-do my manicure frequently.

By itself, this polish makes nail beds look pink & healthy and nail tips look clean & white. Only about $3 in drugstores.

UPDT 3/22/11 -
The bottle is the same but the formula has changed (the purple tint is more intense in the bottle - you can see the difference in the photos above - old vs. new). Now it dries matte rather than shiny (I guess to give a more natural look) which I don't really like - it makes my nails look like they have no polish on (no shine), except for the improvement in nail color appearance (healthy nails instead of dull or yellow). New formula notwithstanding, unfortunately this polish still begins to peel after a bit of water exposure, whether I'm wearing it by itself or underneath other nailpolish (even more so). So no improvement there, but I still depend on this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a clear polish with a slight purple tint which counteracts the appearance of yellow, polish-stained nails. I love to wear dark polishes, but they stain my nails even if I use a base coat. So far, the only real solution to removing those stains for me has been buffing off the stained top layer, but of course that weakens the nails (and doesn't look so good when they grow out). Yello-Out is a nice alternative to that. It won't remove the stains, but it does make them less noticeable under sheer or light-colored polish. The purple tint isn't noticeable by itself, but under those sheer/light shades, I feel it does show through a little: it gives my sheer white creme polish a slight lilac cast, for example. I haven't used it as a top coat yet, just as a base for light shades, and so far I am happy with it and will buy it again. And at US $3.50 for a half-ounce bottle, it's worth a try, in my opinion.