November 28, 2014 | 1247 users online

Treatments (Eye) - tea bags

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to all the good reviews, I bought myself some regular tea bags. Alone, they work great. They're even better when I top an ice cube onto the tea bag, and leave it on for 10 minutes. This works out better for me, since I have really puffy eyes! 10 minutes! And my eyes look SO better that you really CAN see a HUGE difference! Both eyes have "deflated", within a week, that it looks like I don't have bags anymore! I even sometimes just use the ice, wrapped in a washcloth and leave it on. Now I don't always have to hide behind a pair of glasses! YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Kiwwigirl101

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a insecure teen with crazy puffy/dark circles, this is my favvvv!
i just run them under the tap with warm water till i see the water turn brown then i apply it to my eyes while i eat my brekie (5-10 min everyday), then i wash my face and moisturize, then put on cold spoons, then i conceal. Result? A Brand New Face! :) I love dis stuff

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

green tea bags are the most delicate and moisturizing for the skin. i steep a bag for about 5 minutes, drink the tea, and then apply the tea bag to my face. It's so easy and cheap not to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

I was desperate to get rid of the puffiness of my eyes, I tried this using 2 green tea bags. I brewed 2 of them, put them in the freezer for 15-20 min and then layed down and rested them over my eyes for 10 min. When I took them off, I looked in the mirror and was like WHOA. My eyes were lifted and tight and my circles were diminished. I looked like I got a new set of eyes. Unfortunatley, this effect didn't last long, and I found myself back to square 1 in 30 mins. I have found out though, the next day my dark circles got lighter. So we'll see with more use, if they permanently lighten them. Another cool and weird puffy eyes treatment is soaking 2 cotton balls in whole milk. Works pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kisa321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREEN TEA BAGS = HOLY GRAIL FOR EYE PUFFINESS.
I make tea with 2 bags every morning, freeze the bags for about 15 minutes, and then leave them on my eyes for 10 minutes.
I have absolutely HORRIBLE puffiness and this just diminishes that so fricken well.
My eyes looks so wide and rested afterwards, and my horrible horrible eye bags are mostly diminished.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I see this for using tea bags as an eye treatment, but I used a tea bag to fix a nail that was tearing at the side. I am growing out my nails after years of biting them and they are growing great but I have had a few crack at the side. I was devastated when I had to clip my nails shorter because of this, but while I was searching for ways to prevent this from happening in the future I found some cool ways to fix a nail that was currently broken without clipping it. The most generic one was to use super glue. I tried that but the tear wasn't bit enough to lift and precisely glue, so it was glued down for a bit and then came loose.

The best and most unique suggestion I saw was to use tea bags and super glue to strengthen the nail. In this technique you super glue a piece of a tea bag paper (cut open with tea leaves discarded) over the ripped nail, allow it to dry and then file it smooth with a series of course to fine files. I have just done this myself and it has made the nail stronger in that section and while you can see the tear underneath the buffed tea bag/glue application you cannot lift up the torn nail. I am very happy to have found this technique.

I have only just applied the tea bag to my nail today and it looks cosmetically nice, but I will update on my experience with it over time. I do believe it will have to be replaced when I remove my nail polish and applied freshly, but you use such a little piece you can use the same tea bag over and over again for new pieces.

I used an old discarded lip liner brush to smooth the super glue and the tea bag on my nail. The demonstration I saw used a nail polish glue that came in a bottle and included a brush. The superglue and lip brush worked well for me, but I will probably invest in the nail polish glue at some point in the future.

Hope this is helpful and works for others!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

this is a really good diy skincare.
i did it with warm water and my dark circle decreased. i justwish i am not lazy enough to do it everyday hahah

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Make yourself a cup of tea (regular black tea), take the bag out, squeeze the excess liquid, put it in the fridge/freezer to cool down. When it's ice cold, put it over/mainly your eyes for 5mins. I usually press gently as well, to get the caffeine in my skin.
De-puffs my under eye area like nothing else I've tried before! And I've got quite puffy eyes, especially under one eye (because I sleep on my side).
The effect lasts a good few days as well - if not a whole week!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by EriksonKelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! My genetics are horrible when it comes to my under-eye area. I am 26 and have hideous eye bags. I have tried this treatment with black tea and green tea 2 times and my eyes feel great and look wonderful. I can't believe it..I've been using so many expensive products and its a $2 product that actually works!!! Just my luck. But I'm glad I found it now rather than later in life. Try it girls!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very sceptical about this actually working, but believe me it does.

My Eyes: Dark circles and bags which make me look bug eyed, sensitive and easily irritated eyes due to years of wearing contact lenses. Waking up in the morning my eyes are usually red, sore and watery. I can't even use pencil eyeliner to waterline anymore.

The Treatment: I tried this on three occasions, the first two failed. I first tried it by placing two tea bags in a little bit of almost boiling water straight from the kettle. I let it cool for a minute, then placed the tea bags on my eyelids. The bags were really hot and I loved it, it felt soothing, especially as I was up at 3AM for my shift that day. Anyway left it on about 5 minutes, saw NO DIFFERENCE. Actuallly my eyes were more sore if anything.

2nd attempt - I used lukewarm water. I insisted that the water be of a warm-hot temperature because I thought it would help the caffeine absorb better. Warm water? NO DIFFERENCE.

THIRD ATTEMPT: ICE COLD WATER. It worked! I had some cheap tea bags probably low in caffeine content, dunked them in freezing water for a couple minutes, saw the water go slightly brown in tone. Then I lay back placed each tea bag over closed eyelids and after about 5 I started feeling a tingly sensation, almost slightly uncomfortable. I was worried my eyes were getting irritated, but nope, I looked in the mirror and my eyes were bright and wide awake, no redness or watery-ness, and the bags were unnoticeable. I just looked so fresh and alive. YAY.

I urge all those with sore/irritated eyes to try it. You don't need special tea, and try it with both hot and cold water to see what works for you. And make sure you leave it on for a minimum of 5 minutes, longer if possible.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No