tea bags

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/18/2015 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Green tea or any tea you can find work just great. I found my face flaky dry, gross, but it was back then, and brought me to this wonderful most simple tea mask and exfoliator.
Simply put hot water, remove the tea bag, and I like to keep it in the fridge for a while. When I already cleanse my face, tear the bag and put the whole tea on face and neck. Yes, it's just the tea, it's not a dry tea actually, because it's still a little wet. Some people like to mix it maybe with any oil, honey, sugar, and so many thing that work for their skin. But I like to just use it alone.
I wait for the mask to dry while enjoying my iced tea. After about 10-15mins, I start to do a circular motion while removing plus exfoliating my face. I do it until my face completely clean. Rinse with water and lotion it plus moisturizer.
I do my tea mask and exfoliate once every two weeks

on 7/28/2013 1:35:00 AM

Thanks to all the good reviews, I bought myself some regular tea bags. Alone, they work great. They're even better when I top an ice cube onto the tea bag, and leave it on for 10 minutes. This works out better for me, since I have really puffy eyes! 10 minutes! And my eyes look SO better that you really CAN see a HUGE difference! Both eyes have "deflated", within a week, that it looks like I don't have bags anymore! I even sometimes just use the ice, wrapped in a washcloth and leave it on. Now I don't always have to hide behind a pair of glasses! YAY!

on 4/10/2013 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a insecure teen with crazy puffy/dark circles, this is my favvvv!
i just run them under the tap with warm water till i see the water turn brown then i apply it to my eyes while i eat my brekie (5-10 min everyday), then i wash my face and moisturize, then put on cold spoons, then i conceal. Result? A Brand New Face! :) I love dis stuff

green tea bags are the most delicate and moisturizing for the skin. i steep a bag for about 5 minutes, drink the tea, and then apply the tea bag to my face. It's so easy and cheap not to try.

on 11/3/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was desperate to get rid of the puffiness of my eyes, I tried this using 2 green tea bags. I brewed 2 of them, put them in the freezer for 15-20 min and then layed down and rested them over my eyes for 10 min. When I took them off, I looked in the mirror and was like WHOA. My eyes were lifted and tight and my circles were diminished. I looked like I got a new set of eyes. Unfortunatley, this effect didn't last long, and I found myself back to square 1 in 30 mins. I have found out though, the next day my dark circles got lighter. So we'll see with more use, if they permanently lighten them. Another cool and weird puffy eyes treatment is soaking 2 cotton balls in whole milk. Works pretty good.

on 10/14/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GREEN TEA BAGS = HOLY GRAIL FOR EYE PUFFINESS.
I make tea with 2 bags every morning, freeze the bags for about 15 minutes, and then leave them on my eyes for 10 minutes.
I have absolutely HORRIBLE puffiness and this just diminishes that so fricken well.
My eyes looks so wide and rested afterwards, and my horrible horrible eye bags are mostly diminished.

on 8/16/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I see this for using tea bags as an eye treatment, but I used a tea bag to fix a nail that was tearing at the side. I am growing out my nails after years of biting them and they are growing great but I have had a few crack at the side. I was devastated when I had to clip my nails shorter because of this, but while I was searching for ways to prevent this from happening in the future I found some cool ways to fix a nail that was currently broken without clipping it. The most generic one was to use super glue. I tried that but the tear wasn't bit enough to lift and precisely glue, so it was glued down for a bit and then came loose.

The best and most unique suggestion I saw was to use tea bags and super glue to strengthen the nail. In this technique you super glue a piece of a tea bag paper (cut open with tea leaves discarded) over the ripped nail, allow it to dry and then file it smooth with a series of course to fine files. I have just done this myself and it has made the nail stronger in that section and while you can see the tear underneath the buffed tea bag/glue application you cannot lift up the torn nail. I am very happy to have found this technique.

I have only just applied the tea bag to my nail today and it looks cosmetically nice, but I will update on my experience with it over time. I do believe it will have to be replaced when I remove my nail polish and applied freshly, but you use such a little piece you can use the same tea bag over and over again for new pieces.

I used an old discarded lip liner brush to smooth the super glue and the tea bag on my nail. The demonstration I saw used a nail polish glue that came in a bottle and included a brush. The superglue and lip brush worked well for me, but I will probably invest in the nail polish glue at some point in the future.

Hope this is helpful and works for others!

on 8/13/2012 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a really good diy skincare.
i did it with warm water and my dark circle decreased. i justwish i am not lazy enough to do it everyday hahah

on 7/26/2012 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Make yourself a cup of tea (regular black tea), take the bag out, squeeze the excess liquid, put it in the fridge/freezer to cool down. When it's ice cold, put it over/mainly your eyes for 5mins. I usually press gently as well, to get the caffeine in my skin.
De-puffs my under eye area like nothing else I've tried before! And I've got quite puffy eyes, especially under one eye (because I sleep on my side).
The effect lasts a good few days as well - if not a whole week!

on 7/6/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love it! My genetics are horrible when it comes to my under-eye area. I am 26 and have hideous eye bags. I have tried this treatment with black tea and green tea 2 times and my eyes feel great and look wonderful. I can't believe it..I've been using so many expensive products and its a $2 product that actually works!!! Just my luck. But I'm glad I found it now rather than later in life. Try it girls!

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)