Butter London Come to Bed Red

4.4

I love Butter London and I love red polishes, but this shade just didn't wow me. There are so many reds out there to choose from and while this one is very nice, there really wasn't anything special about it. Disappointing because it's supposed to be the penultimate red or something.

Similar shades I would recommend over this one are YSL Rouge Pop Art and OPI Big Apple Red.

Excellent Butter London formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. And as always with BL, drying time was a snap.

Overall, I liked this but I didn't love it. Wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my first red nail polish, and it is RED. Got it on sale as part of a duo, with a gold glitter top coat. I'm using it for pedicures only for now. It is the red of Red Hots cinnamon candies, a deep, intense RED. It's a fun color for toes but I think it might be a bit too intense for my hands (NW15/Porcelain/Opal/Ivory). So far it's wearing quite well, and it was dream to apply.

I checked no for repurchase because I am sure I will want a different red polish when I need to rebuy (or this will be discontinued; that's my usual luck).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's a nice color but i never really loved it. I have tried several reds and this probably isn't my favorite but its a good nail polish nonetheless and has a good staying power (maybe a week)

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This and Saucy Jack are my go-to pedi colors. When I'm feeling vampy I go with Saucy Jack; when I want a basic no-nonsense red, I go with CtBR. I would consider this to be a neutral-warm (but not orange) red. It has a nice shiny finish but I usually use 2-3 coats plus Hardwear topcoat. This is a staple in my collection and I'd definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great plain red... I'm usually not wearing red, but if I had to choose a true red, it would be this!

Perfect.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very very very nice red. Pretty...flattering and good application. I can't say it's super unique but I just adore the cute name and the quality of Butter London polishes.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Price paid: $14.00~

This is my all-time favorite red nail polish because of the color and opacity. This red has a blue/violet undertone that makes the color flattering on the nails. Usually, the wrong reds bring out a "muddy, sallow" undertone in my hands that isn't the most flattering... It takes two coats for me to reach opacity, but sometimes I prefer wearing just one medium coat to get a "light" effect for the spring or summer because with one coat, the color is slightly less of a bold red. The brush is a little on the thin side, but it's not difficult or impossible to work with and the formula is a thinner consistency (which I prefer). I haven't had any problems with the packaging. The cap fits perfectly, you just have to match it up with the nail polish bottle (if that makes any sense). Plus, I think the packaging is one of Butter London's selling points and the rectangular shapes make it easier for me to store.

Overall: It's great red that really flatters a range of people due to its blue undertones with a nice formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Perfect blue-red--like out of an old film. Jelly-like finish gives it a modern edge. Opaque with two thin coats, but perfect color depth with three thin coats. Looks great with my warm undertones.

Unfortunately, this type of jelly-like finish doesn't last very long on my nails. Manicure chipped on 3rd day despite using with BL foundation and hardwear. My other Butter London nail polishes last a good 7+ days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a 3 piece set. It's my favorite shade of red. Lasts a good amount of time also. I love this brand's color of nail polishes. They are gorgeous

Top Rated Butter London Products