August 2, 2014 | 1317 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Firecracker #100

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Chalky....it is really chalky. It was so bad I have not purchased Cover Girl eyeshadow since I got it several years ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by rebbeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this palette for the pink colour, I was looking for a bright pink and this seemed like the closest thing I was looking for. It's okay, it's not the greatest, but I still use it sometimes. I use the white colour as a highlight, it's a little shimmery, but not overly, so I don't mind. The green colour doesn't have the greatest colour payoff, so I never use it.

They aren't very pigmented shadows, but it only cost $4, I was expecting this.

I won't buy this product again, but I'll use what I have of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by cooljulz

I wanted to buy this because the colors looked very vibrant and fun. Once i bought this for under $5 at Walmart and put it on my eyes, I was unimpressed. The colors came out a bit chalky. I think that the pink color is the most vibrant out of the three, but not vibrant enough. Overall, I would not buy this trio just to try it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenaex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this combo bc i seen an advertisement for it and the colors looked amazing and bright ON THE MODEL when i brought this home i tried the colors on and i barely seen anything might as well been chalk in some sort of invisible mode. I figured it might have been because i didnt use a base but even with the base it was the worst shadow i have ever gotten. I love the color combination but it needs to be higher quality

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an "Eye Enhancers" trio with three bright colors: a lime green, a hot pink, and a bold white. Now, I bought this palette because I wanted to try some brighter colors to see if they could still be pulled off. And I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them if they couldn't be, so I bought this for under $5. The green and pink seem to be pretty matte, while the white has a hint of shimmer. I like this about them because I think they are more subtle since they aren't full of frost. I have been wearing yellow or even light green shadow on the lid, and then putting the lime green in the crease and outer corner. I like doing the same with the bright pink, but using a light pink on the lid. These colors also work nicely together to create a sort of watermelon-summer look.
The green and pink have a good amount of pigmentation for a Cover Girl eyeshadow; I was very impressed! The white on the other hand makes a perfect, sheer highlight, but it can't be used for much else because of it's chalkiness. So give this trio a try, especially since it's getting harder to find bright colors for less than $15!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yuck. Chalk-City!!! Terribly powdery and chalky. The pigmentation on the green isn't horrid...but it is far from ideal. Looking back, I don't know why I bought this trio....maybe I had hoped I could get a couple bright, bold colors for summer? Fail...You get what you pay for in this case. Now these just sit around and NEVER get picked up for use. I'd say these are more along the lines (regarding quality) of something you would find in a couple dollar child's play makeup kit. I'm embarassed to even have these in my kit with other great shadows...and I'm talking including OTHER cover girl eyeshadows and drugstore brands. Shame. Cover Girl, pull these from shelves and rework the formulation on them...then maybe consider relaunching them.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by misshillary

I was so happy to buy this trio, then when I came home and swatched the colors on my skin the colors hardly showed up! Will be returning it even though its cheap....ELF shadows are waaaay better!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

i got this for my birthday as a gift..i really wanted to like it..tho it's not my cup of tea..will try again once more before i get rid of it

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by QuixoticWeetzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I thought I would experiment with some colour the other day and bought this. Firstly the white shade doesn't show up at all it's useless. The others are alright if you put lots on. Sadly though the green made me look like I had faded bruises on my eyes. The colours just didn't look good on me at all. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ooh lala, even though these eyeshadows are cheap, i got them for free! so there's a 1 for the price. There is a bright hot pink, a bright lime green and a white in this trio.
Packaging? Expect generic, cheap drugstore e/s packaging. With a sponge applicator. I guess i have to give it credit for having one tip spatula-like and the other more triangular though, :/ No problems with the packaging though.
The colour payoff is mixed. I didn't use a primer and they still turned out much better than i expected. The first layer is very faint, but if you put more on (not like cakey amounts), it starts to looks like they do in the ads. The pink and green are bright, fun matte colours that i quite enjoy ;o But the white shade was a joke. It didn't show up at all, even when i put a ton on. I suppose it adds a little bit of frost i guess...?
Lasted around 3 hours without creasing, which is very impressive seeing that it is covergirl... without a primer either! But the colour did fade after 2 hours.
overall, i was impressed with the colours temporarily but it fades off. i'd say it is more 3.5 material.