November 29, 2014 | 1441 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cinema Secrets - Ultimate Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I used this primer in TV/Film makeup school and it was the first primer I ever used. I remember I wasn't impressed with it at all. The rest of the students purchased a different primer and I remember it was more versatile and felt lighter and looked a lot nicer than this primer.

Like many primers I felt this did nothing for the makeup application. I felt it just added an extra layer of heaviness to the cream makeup we were applying in class. I tried to use this with my liquid foundation and it did nothing for the application...not that I noticed, at least.

Overall I think this was a pretty average silicone primer. I wasn't wowed. I don't even think I used it up. I see there are some that find this really works for them so I would say try it out because it is an affordable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by DesMonae

I absolutely love this product. I been trying different types of primers and moisturizers to wear under my makeup and I must say that this is the best. I have combination skin and recently have had a moderate break out, (my dermatologist says welcome to 30). This primer feels like velvet on my face, you just need a pea size to put on your face. Let it dry for 60 seconds and your foundation glides easily across your face and I have noticed that I don't use as much as foundation either. My make up lasts all day long, I don't have to reapply powder or blot my t-zones. I ordered mine from camera ready cosmetics based on the reviews. Only con is that its in a glass bottle. I am about to order 5 more just to have in stock in case Cinema Secrets get creative and decided to alter the formula. It is worth it and not overly expensive. I wear makeup daily. Its so lightweight, non greasy and it literally feels like velvet on your face. Even with my breakout, I am able to do an even foundation application easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbeautyconsultant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried tons of products on myself and clients and have always had to settle for "okay" results. In fact because some primers, even the expensive ones, are so slimy, I've wondered if there were even necessary at all. Well, that all changed after this past weekend. I went to a makeup artist convention in Orlando, FL and was on a mission to find the perfect primer. I sent to Make Up Forever, Stila, you name it and they all seemed to just lay on my skin until I ran across the Cinema Secrets. I put it on my hand and didn't even have time to ask the girl how much it cost before it was completely absorbed. I thought it was a trick so I did it again and just stared at it while I was doing it and my skin just drank it up plus for $20, how horrible could it be with foundation. Again, the next morning before heading to the convention again, I used it as part of my makeup routine and again, WOW...amazing stuff. This has not become my permanent go to foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a great product. I cant give it 5 lippies because I really wish it had sunscreen. However, it is one of the most affordable sillicone-based primers out there, and it does its job. My powder foundation lasted through a workout and a shower where I forgot to wash my face! I think it's less than $20 on the website too, for over 1 fl oz. Highly recommend, especially for powder foundations.

It's not super effective at controlling oil, but it doesn't add oil either. I have combination skin, and my forehead just has a slight sheen after 6 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by actress981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the product, but I hate the packaging. I've bought this primer twice, and both times- after several weeks of use- it "spurts out" the product, so it flies out on the floor, mirror, etc. For a somewhat pricey product ($25, last I checked), this is a problem. I end up using far more than I want just attempting to get a usable amount out of the cylinder. It's enough for me to consider another brand next time I need primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by GrantMichael

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

great packaging! silky texture. i think it makes me breakout- it has a LOT of silicones (that's why its so smooth!) and moisturizing oils. I feel like it may make me too dry, which is weird- i have oily but dehydrated skin. i like fyrinnae's primers better, and they are, what 5 bucks? i will repurchase though, it does seem to work for a lot of my clients!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by leidy755

This is simply the BEST primer ever.... it's just like anything else.. and a million times better than all the others... this is my first review ever and i do it cuz this is the isht!!!
put your smashbox or whatever else your using in the trash and run for this...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After a few months of using this I've decided to stop and my face is already glad. I can't really pinpoint what it is about the primer that didn't work for me, but at first I loved it. It disappears and doesn't feel heavy. I can't say that it really made a huge difference in the way I put makeup on or how it looked. After a few months my skin was just looking tired and dull despite getting facials and exfoliating and everything. Since I've stopped using the primer I've noticed a difference. I am going back to the tried and true foundation I used to use but took a break from because it was really pricey. Now I see that it's worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I've tried a lot of primers, but this remains my favorite. It glides over the skin easily and makes wrinkles and pores fade into the background. It also helps keep my face from becoming an oil slick during the day and so my foundation stays on a lot longer and looks better. The smell of the product is...um...unusual (to me it smells somewhat like Right Guard deodorant?) but that fades quickly and the other benefits of CS Primer make me overlook that issue. Bonus points also for the hygenic pump dispenser that shows exactly how much product remains in the bottle. I will definitely buy this again when I run out; it is worth finding. I purchased mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics online and was happy with their service.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hunnybaybee5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation primer is really good, however I just can't get over the smell. It smells like a musky old lady. If the product was amazingly great, the smell would be a small sacrifice I would be willing to make, however I feel that the smashbox photo finish primers work just as well and are actually cheaper and more convenient for me to get, plus they don't have a scent...back to smashbox it is.