Nadinola Fade Cream

Active Ingredients Hydroquinone - 3%Skin Lightener , Octisalate - 3%Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients Water , Mineral Oil , Stearyl Alcohol , Decyl Oleate , Glyceryl Stearate , Oleth-20 , Laureth-23 , Propylene Glycol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Citric Acid , Sodium Metabisulfite , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance (02/16/12)

on 9/10/2015 2:48:00 PM

After reading reviews here (thanks ladies and gents) I decided to try this product; it is the only OTC one you can find with the highest percent active ingredient, hydroquinlone. Went to 3 stores to find this stuff, finally found at CVS. My problem areas are hormone induced (probably) melasma on the sides of my neck, under my jawline. Ugh, it looks like I don't wash my neck! I had already tried Paula's Choice dark spot remover with limited success and Nadinola has a stronger concentration anyway. How I use it: after night time cleansing, I smear this all over my problem areas plus face and decollete. I just figure the emollient nature of the product would probably be an OK all-around moisturizer. It will apply like a white creamy mask which I just leave since I'm going to bed, but it sinks in and goes away; I haven't scared my spouse too much so far. Since I regularly Glyco peel, I don't do too much else for my skin other than sunscreen like a maniac in the day. I DON'T use Nadinola on my peel day. The product is a medium-weight, white cream packaged in a jar, the old fashioned way! To me, it smells old-lady cold cream but since I'm an old lady, whatevs! Some reviewers dislike the jar, since one must dip your fingers in to get it, but here is a hint: store the jar upside down and the product sinks to the lid; its right there when you open the lid. No dipping! (I'm gonna already assume your fingers are clean, so germ-spreading will hopefully be to a minimum in the jar.) I have been using this 6-7 days a week since June 10th.(yes, I write the date of when I start using stuff on the product. V. handy) Here are my results: about 50% reduction in the problem areas and nice overall tone in the non-problem areas. I'm a littttlle disappointed but hoping with continued use, I'm only on first jar, I'll see improvement. Cheap enough to re-purchase and it didn't cause any problems.

on 7/24/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

No results after two jars

on 7/11/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because of hyperpigmentation around my upper lip. I've been told that due to hormonal changes discoloration can occur. It was noticeable enough by me to want to try a fade cream to help make it go away. I read several reviews on numerous fade creams, and had my mind set on one in particular. However, when o got to the store and was able to compare pricing, ingredients and overall value, Nadinola won. It has the highest percentage of the active ingredient hydroquinone that you can purchase over the counter. So let me get to, I've been using Nadinola for exactly 4 days. I apply it in the morning after washing my face, and I apply it in the evening after the same routine. I apply it just on the area that is discolored, above my lip. In 4 days, I have noticed a change in color. The mark itself seems to be fading. It's not completely gone, but the is a noticeable change to me. I would say that there is a 40% improvement from the 4 days prior. I'm going to continue using it to get the full effect of the product. I would recommend this fade cream without a doubt. It is working, period. The smell in the beginning is like roses. However, after applying it and smelling it on my skin, it is not as pleasing, and in fact, smells a bit like hair relaxer...which is gross, but the things we bare for beauty...

I will post again in a couple of weeks to share any further progress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because having marks on my face is something I'm not used to and is a real downer.

Almost 1 month later

There is a definite improvement. I would say about 80%. Like others have said, it's a little greasy but how I overcome that is just rub it in really well...and it's fine.

Does not break my skin out like other reviewers have mentioned. After I wash my face I put lotion everywhere on my face except where I'm going to put the nadinola.

I stand by my purchase and would certainly recommend it 110%

on 6/27/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Oily skin users, be aware! Broke me out right away. I haven't used it again so I can't comment on the effectiveness. I put dots of the cream on the problem spots. I'll continue using with a toothpick instead of a q-tip in order to break out less. Will update with after a month of continued use.

Texture and smell are fine and its very inexpensive.

on 6/13/2015 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second time returning to this product and there's obviously a reason why I came back. There's just one thing you need to know and it's that this product works. It does. Just stick with it. For me though, I slather a lot onto my skin before I go to sleep and I find that it works faster using a lot. In two weeks my dark spots from pimples have lightened by 90%. Im confident that by the end of the month ill have a clear skin tone. And no it does not break me out.

on 5/24/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this on and off for a few years now.
I'd wander off to other brands. Mostly Filipino brands and those REALLY work. But the brand I was using (Dermaline) was $10 for soap and like $25 for a 25 gram cream. Was too expensive.
I haven't used lightening or "fade" cream for over a year now.
I've been noticing my neck is darker than my face and chest then my stomach and behind are dark and my... More intimate areas are even darker like my inner thighs, under my butt etc.
My legs are really light an I usually use some type of self tanner. I want everything to match my arms, chest and face.

I'm currently mixing it with a retinol serum since I've heard it could help it work sooner.
I mix a little of the extra strength nadinola cream with retinol serum and cetaphil moisturizing cream to dilute it. I put the same mixture on my stomach and behind.
Then I put the nadinola and retinol on the darker areas like my elbows, inner thighs, lower behinds etc without the cetaphil to dilute it.

I've been using it for about a week.
I don't have to really use it on my neck anymore. I put on makeup and I don't have to bring it down to my neck!
As for my belly and behind I don't see too much of a difference.. Maybe half a shade.
As for my even darker areas like elbows, inner thighs etc I don't see a difference,
Although I've read it could take longer since there's so much melanin there plus the skin on elbows is thicker.

It's spring but I'm usually inside so I don't have to worry about being in the sun and getting even more tan.
This stuff makes your skin more sensitive to light and I used it before and would get tan and I basically didn't see much results due to me having to walk to an from school everyday.
I wore sunscreen but it didn't help.

The texture if this cream is kind of thick.
I'm naturally quite oily skinned so I'm used to feeling... Oily. I don't have an issue with it honestly. Most days I put too much and it feels greasy, other days my skin just feels moisturized. I love how it makes my skin look glowy.

The scent is quite standard for a cream containing hydroquinone.
A very distinct chemical smell but it's tolerable.

I'll update it in a couple of months regarding my darker areas. I'll probably go through two jars.
But this stuff is only $5 and like 6 cents at Walmart in the ethnic section so it's a great price for a decent sized jar

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! Because I am into outdoor sports, in the summer I get brown spots on my face . I use Nadinola on a daily basis as part of my facial regime. I receive compliments every day -LITERALLY-on my (excellent) complexion. I am 58 and still get asked for ID when I purchase wine. Most , however, guess my age is somewhere around 40. Definately try this product!!!

on 8/25/2014 9:49:00 PM

I've been using this nightly (5-6 times a week) for a full month and I can honestly say that my age spots across the tops of my cheeks have faded by 60%. Do I still wear concealer? Yes. And I probably always will. I've had these spots since I was 18, so I'm being realistic. But I can now wear less concealer and see more even toned skin. The spots are now a very light beige color whereas before they were the color of a mole (brown).

I've tried Alpha Hydrox dark spot corrector and Paulas Choice dark spot corrector and neither did anything for me. For me, I needed the 3% hydroquinone. I also use Olay's AHA serum nightly and SPF 50 on my spots to prevent them from darkening. You have to!

I apply this cream with a q-tip ONLY to the spot.

on 7/30/2014 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product on and off for a few years. I have quite a few dark spots on my face from breaking out and sun damage (I am 45). I went out in the sun a lot this summer without sunscreen. I hate wearing sunscreen!!!! Most make me break out or just feel awful on my skin. I try to use only natural (ish) products whenever possible, but sometimes you have to just use what works. I held off using this again bc hydroquinine is not good for you, etc. but my skin looked soooo bad that makeup only made it look worse. Blotchy and dark spots all over. Very depressing. I started using this a few days ago ONLY ON MY SPOTS. This is the key for me. If I use all over I feel that it is lightening everything all together and the spots always stay a little darker. After only a few days of dabbing it on dark areas, my skin looks so much better. The dark areas r blending into the lighter areas just fine and are not as noticeable already. If I use this too long then I have noticed that the spots can re darken? Sounds strange but I heard that hydroquinine can do that. So basically, I use it until everything has lightened enough and then stop for a while-a few months probably? Then I will use it sporadically on any areas that need it. Mostly at the end of the summer.

on 7/29/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This cream is too oily it broke me out so I never got a chance to see if it worked or not.

Popular Face Skincare Products