November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Skincare - Face - Nadinola - Fade Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

I've been using this nightly (5-6 times a week) for a full month and I can honestly say that my age spots across the tops of my cheeks have faded by 60%. Do I still wear concealer? Yes. And I probably always will. I've had these spots since I was 18, so I'm being realistic. But I can now wear less concealer and see more even toned skin. The spots are now a very light beige color whereas before they were the color of a mole (brown).

I've tried Alpha Hydrox dark spot corrector and Paulas Choice dark spot corrector and neither did anything for me. For me, I needed the 3% hydroquinone. I also use Olay's AHA serum nightly and SPF 50 on my spots to prevent them from darkening. You have to!

I apply this cream with a q-tip ONLY to the spot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this product on and off for a few years. I have quite a few dark spots on my face from breaking out and sun damage (I am 45). I went out in the sun a lot this summer without sunscreen. I hate wearing sunscreen!!!! Most make me break out or just feel awful on my skin. I try to use only natural (ish) products whenever possible, but sometimes you have to just use what works. I held off using this again bc hydroquinine is not good for you, etc. but my skin looked soooo bad that makeup only made it look worse. Blotchy and dark spots all over. Very depressing. I started using this a few days ago ONLY ON MY SPOTS. This is the key for me. If I use all over I feel that it is lightening everything all together and the spots always stay a little darker. After only a few days of dabbing it on dark areas, my skin looks so much better. The dark areas r blending into the lighter areas just fine and are not as noticeable already. If I use this too long then I have noticed that the spots can re darken? Sounds strange but I heard that hydroquinine can do that. So basically, I use it until everything has lightened enough and then stop for a while-a few months probably? Then I will use it sporadically on any areas that need it. Mostly at the end of the summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Chanchan123

This cream is too oily it broke me out so I never got a chance to see if it worked or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I'm a chemical peel nut and got lazy with my sunscreen so I ended up with melasma on my cheeks (yay me!) LoL Anyway, I purchased this at Walmart for around $4.95 and started using it along with a 10% glycolic acid cream. I put the Nadinola on and let it sink in for about 5 min. and then rub in the glycolic over the top of it. I must say that over the past 2 weeks my skin has lightened and brightened significantly! I have normally pale skin with a spattering of freckles across my nose and even those are almost gone.
I only use it at night as it seems a bit greasy? to put under my makeup. No breakouts have occurred (I believe this is due to the AHA used along with it)
Overall, I'm very satisfied and will always keep Nadinola and AHA in my medicine cabinet.
As someone else said, it has a smell....get over it ;-) It's not like the smell will kill you or anything ignorant like that.
Wash your hands before you stick them in the jar and you should not get MRSA (I crack me up) or simply use a q-tip to get it out. Taking lippies off for smell and/or packaging cracks me up. It is what it is and it damn well works! That's what counts, right? Enjoy!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CottonCandyAgency

I really like how this cream comes in a glass jar. So much better than plastic, which is filled with chemicals. That is a plus side to this cream. Nadinola has been around since the 1930's. I have used this cream before in the past, cause I had acne scars and dark marks that I wanted to lighten and get rid of. I used it religiously everyday, I think it was 3X/day. It took three months to see results but my face was so clear and my skin tone was even!

I am back using it again years later cause I have acne scars again, and dark marks from glycolic peels, and TCA. I have noticed within three days my dark marks are starting to get lighter. My face is looking better. Not too bad. The price will vary from where you purchase. I once got it for $4.00 years ago, but I can only get in now for $10.00 and up from a local beauty store.

You don't want to use this after three months because of the hydroquinone. A little does go a long way. It is moisturizing, but only light applictaion is needed. This cream does work but you have to give it a chance. It worked the first time for me, and I can see it working now. It's a good cream that is price effective.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by amary18

Sometimes out of desperation and vanity, we look for products that will "work." For me, this product did NOT work. It actually made my hyper-pigmentation a lot brighter than it was initially. It also triggered a break out. I have stopped using this since and I do not recommend this product for any one trying to fade scars/discolouration.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Nadinola fade cream since mid-November 2013. I'm only using it on my neck area because it is very discoloured due to too much sun exposure. I use the face cream twice a day, occasionally I forget. I have noticed gradual lightening, perhaps one shade lighter than before. I will continue to purchase Nadinola fade cream after I run out. I believe reading somewhere you are to take a break from the cream after three months. Hydroquinoe really does work, I used to be scared to try it out because of the side effects, well those side effects happen if you use hydroquinoe on large parts of skin over a very long time. I will update my review after a few more months.

Edit January 29, 2014:
Actually my necks looks more lighter than just one shade like I originally stated. I would say two to three shades lighter. I will continue to update.

Edit April 22, 2014:
I recently finished another Nadinola cream, this time, the extra strength version. I only used one cream, so I cannot say it worked too well. I am receiving an order of Paula's Choice Resist Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA this week. This lotion has 2% hydroquinoe and 7% AHA. I think AHAs may be helpful for skin fading because they are chemical exfoliants. I will update after I finish the PC lotion. I'll try and compare it with Nadinola :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by kumiko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had horrible acne spots for years and it was getting out of control. I admit, I totally did pick and scratch my skin absentmindedly. I have tried the estee lauder fade cream, clinique and the miderma stuff but just when they started to work I would always run out and they were way too expensive. This stuff cleared my face in one week. I'm halfway through the bottle and my scars are 80% gone. Girls, if you have hyper pigmentation problems definitely go for this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by xSins

I have an awful pigment patch on my cheek and a few freckles but I don't mind them really. All I ever wanted was to get rid of the big pigment spot on my cheek. Must say that I've been a bit stupid. I have never used sunscreen and I went tanning a lot. I stopped tanning and I am using sunscreen now everyday!!! So i've searched the internet for a good fading cream and nadinola seems to work brilliant! It also contains hydroquinone and I believe that hard chemicals work better then natural stuff. SOO ...

When the cream arrived I was so excited because I wanted the spot to go away!! After the first night my pigmentspot was SWOLLEN, RED, IRRITATED and DARKER. I kinda knew this already cause in a few reviews people had the same thing so I continued but I waited until the irritation was gone (3/4 days) and used it again only at night and only at the pigmentspot. And again after every apply my spot would be irritated, red, swollen and darker. I used it for like a month, 2/3 times a week at night. At one point my spot almost seems to be faded but I wanted more so I applied it again and it turned out DARKER again and it stayed that way ughhh. So I decided to leave it for twee weeks and now I used it again, well two days ago and my spot is AGAIN darker. I really hope it will lighten up in these few days and I think I will not use it again because I am sooo scared that it will stay darker than before and it makes me so insecure. I am going to find something else without hydroquinone and hopefully that will work, maybe slower but it's better than having red irritation skin everytime. Must say that I saw result after 3/4 weeks (and I was verry happy at that moment and even wanted to make a happy youtube review about the product) but THEN I used it again and it was darker (so weird?)

I also have a big pigment spot under my bum and I am going to try to use Nadinola there if that gets irritated I don't really care because no one sees it haha. So maybe that will work better :)

There are signs of fading but the way the cream is reacting is way too dangerous for me. I am too scared that the cream makes the spot even darker forever, unfortunately :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by crossbonnez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would NOT recommend this product to anyone with acne prone skin. I used it only for two nights & I completely broke out on my cheeks and forehead. Painful cystic acne. I have kept my skin acne-free for about 2 years now but taking accutane, birth control & topical Retin A. Just wanted an even skin tone. So I tried this & it has completely destroyed my skin. I do greatly regret trying this product. Please again if you have sensitive, acne prone skin - DO NOT BUY IT !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No