Nadinola Fade Cream

Active Ingredients Hydroquinone - 3%Skin Lightener , Octisalate - 3%Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients Water , Mineral Oil , Stearyl Alcohol , Decyl Oleate , Glyceryl Stearate , Oleth-20 , Laureth-23 , Propylene Glycol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Citric Acid , Sodium Metabisulfite , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance (02/16/12)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING. Actual magic in a jar. I was suffering from severe post acne hyper pigmentation (dark red/brown spots) all over my cheeks from bad picking habits. Although I had finally gotten my actual acne to clear up from a series of at-home salicylic acid peels (highly recommended to those suffering from similar skin issues to mine, namely surface whiteheads and extremely clogged pores leading to lots of little skin colored bumps), my cheeks still looked like I had horrible skin due to all the dark marks left behind.

Enter nadinola! I've been using this product 2-3x a day for the past week and all of my marks have already lightened by about 70%. I anticipate them disappearing altogether by the end of the month. I apply a thin layer using a q tip to only the dark spots; you will not see nearly as significant results using this as an overall moisturizer. I don't use this under makeup as it is a bit greasy, so I only was able to apply it in the mornings and afternoons on days I wasn't planning on wearing foundation. For nighttime, I apply at least 30 minutes before bed as to avoid the product rubbing off on my pillow. The packaging is nice and you really only need a tiny amount for each application so I can imagine this jar lasting for quite some time.

Nadinola truly is saving my skin. My extremely dark post acne marks are visibly fading with each use. Also, I have very acne-prone skin and this product hasn't caused a single breakout. Highly recommend to anyone suffering from any sort of post acne hyper-pigmentation, and I would imagine this would work equally well for sun spots and melasma. I never write reviews but hoping this one will help any ladies looking to lighten their marks as well!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have been using this since receiving laser hair removal treatments and this does not bleach your skin but evens the tone. I found it dry to apply so I squeezed in some spf lotion which was a mistake as it oxidized and made the entire bottle dark brown/gray. It still works though. I am not using it on my lips to see if I can lighten the top one. Love the stuff; do be careful because I was using it twice per day and there was a huge hyper pigmented patch on my chin so I went down to once per day and it went back to normal.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

In 2 weeks I noticed results, after a month I stopped using it bc the dark spots faded completely. I would def recommend this product. I only used it at night after washing my face. I only dapped the product on my dark spots and not all over my face.

After reading reviews here (thanks ladies and gents) I decided to try this product; it is the only OTC one you can find with the highest percent active ingredient, hydroquinlone. Went to 3 stores to find this stuff, finally found at CVS. My problem areas are hormone induced (probably) melasma on the sides of my neck, under my jawline. Ugh, it looks like I don't wash my neck! I had already tried Paula's Choice dark spot remover with limited success and Nadinola has a stronger concentration anyway. How I use it: after night time cleansing, I smear this all over my problem areas plus face and decollete. I just figure the emollient nature of the product would probably be an OK all-around moisturizer. It will apply like a white creamy mask which I just leave since I'm going to bed, but it sinks in and goes away; I haven't scared my spouse too much so far. Since I regularly Glyco peel, I don't do too much else for my skin other than sunscreen like a maniac in the day. I DON'T use Nadinola on my peel day. The product is a medium-weight, white cream packaged in a jar, the old fashioned way! To me, it smells old-lady cold cream but since I'm an old lady, whatevs! Some reviewers dislike the jar, since one must dip your fingers in to get it, but here is a hint: store the jar upside down and the product sinks to the lid; its right there when you open the lid. No dipping! (I'm gonna already assume your fingers are clean, so germ-spreading will hopefully be to a minimum in the jar.) I have been using this 6-7 days a week since June 10th.(yes, I write the date of when I start using stuff on the product. V. handy) Here are my results: about 50% reduction in the problem areas and nice overall tone in the non-problem areas. I'm a littttlle disappointed but hoping with continued use, I'm only on first jar, I'll see improvement. Cheap enough to re-purchase and it didn't cause any problems.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

No results after two jars

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because of hyperpigmentation around my upper lip. I've been told that due to hormonal changes discoloration can occur. It was noticeable enough by me to want to try a fade cream to help make it go away. I read several reviews on numerous fade creams, and had my mind set on one in particular. However, when o got to the store and was able to compare pricing, ingredients and overall value, Nadinola won. It has the highest percentage of the active ingredient hydroquinone that you can purchase over the counter. So let me get to it...so, I've been using Nadinola for exactly 4 days. I apply it in the morning after washing my face, and I apply it in the evening after the same routine. I apply it just on the area that is discolored, above my lip. In 4 days, I have noticed a change in color. The mark itself seems to be fading. It's not completely gone, but the is a noticeable change to me. I would say that there is a 40% improvement from the 4 days prior. I'm going to continue using it to get the full effect of the product. I would recommend this fade cream without a doubt. It is working, period. The smell in the beginning is like roses. However, after applying it and smelling it on my skin, it is not as pleasing, and in fact, smells a bit like hair relaxer...which is gross, but the things we bare for beauty...

I will post again in a couple of weeks to share any further progress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because having marks on my face is something I'm not used to and is a real downer.

***********
Almost 1 month later

There is a definite improvement. I would say about 80%. Like others have said, it's a little greasy but how I overcome that is just rub it in really well...and it's fine.

Does not break my skin out like other reviewers have mentioned. After I wash my face I put lotion everywhere on my face except where I'm going to put the nadinola.

I stand by my purchase and would certainly recommend it 110%

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Oily skin users, be aware! Broke me out right away. I haven't used it again so I can't comment on the effectiveness. I put dots of the cream on the problem spots. I'll continue using with a toothpick instead of a q-tip in order to break out less. Will update with after a month of continued use.

Texture and smell are fine and its very inexpensive.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second time returning to this product and there's obviously a reason why I came back. There's just one thing you need to know and it's that this product works. It does. Just stick with it. For me though, I slather a lot onto my skin before I go to sleep and I find that it works faster using a lot. In two weeks my dark spots from pimples have lightened by 90%. Im confident that by the end of the month ill have a clear skin tone. And no it does not break me out.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this on and off for a few years now.
I'd wander off to other brands. Mostly Filipino brands and those REALLY work. But the brand I was using (Dermaline) was $10 for soap and like $25 for a 25 gram cream. Was too expensive.
I haven't used lightening or "fade" cream for over a year now.
I've been noticing my neck is darker than my face and chest then my stomach and behind are dark and my... More intimate areas are even darker like my inner thighs, under my butt etc.
My legs are really light an I usually use some type of self tanner. I want everything to match my arms, chest and face.

I'm currently mixing it with a retinol serum since I've heard it could help it work sooner.
I mix a little of the extra strength nadinola cream with retinol serum and cetaphil moisturizing cream to dilute it. I put the same mixture on my stomach and behind.
Then I put the nadinola and retinol on the darker areas like my elbows, inner thighs, lower behinds etc without the cetaphil to dilute it.

I've been using it for about a week.
I don't have to really use it on my neck anymore. I put on makeup and I don't have to bring it down to my neck!
As for my belly and behind I don't see too much of a difference.. Maybe half a shade.
As for my even darker areas like elbows, inner thighs etc I don't see a difference,
Although I've read it could take longer since there's so much melanin there plus the skin on elbows is thicker.

It's spring but I'm usually inside so I don't have to worry about being in the sun and getting even more tan.
This stuff makes your skin more sensitive to light and I used it before and would get tan and I basically didn't see much results due to me having to walk to an from school everyday.
I wore sunscreen but it didn't help.

The texture if this cream is kind of thick.
I'm naturally quite oily skinned so I'm used to feeling... Oily. I don't have an issue with it honestly. Most days I put too much and it feels greasy, other days my skin just feels moisturized. I love how it makes my skin look glowy.

The scent is quite standard for a cream containing hydroquinone.
A very distinct chemical smell but it's tolerable.

I'll update it in a couple of months regarding my darker areas. I'll probably go through two jars.
But this stuff is only $5 and like 6 cents at Walmart in the ethnic section so it's a great price for a decent sized jar

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! Because I am into outdoor sports, in the summer I get brown spots on my face . I use Nadinola on a daily basis as part of my facial regime. I receive compliments every day -LITERALLY-on my (excellent) complexion. I am 58 and still get asked for ID when I purchase wine. Most , however, guess my age is somewhere around 40. Definately try this product!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products