July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Skincare - Face - Nadinola - Fade Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I'm a chemical peel nut and got lazy with my sunscreen so I ended up with melasma on my cheeks (yay me!) LoL Anyway, I purchased this at Walmart for around $4.95 and started using it along with a 10% glycolic acid cream. I put the Nadinola on and let it sink in for about 5 min. and then rub in the glycolic over the top of it. I must say that over the past 2 weeks my skin has lightened and brightened significantly! I have normally pale skin with a spattering of freckles across my nose and even those are almost gone.
I only use it at night as it seems a bit greasy? to put under my makeup. No breakouts have occurred (I believe this is due to the AHA used along with it)
Overall, I'm very satisfied and will always keep Nadinola and AHA in my medicine cabinet.
As someone else said, it has a smell....get over it ;-) It's not like the smell will kill you or anything ignorant like that.
Wash your hands before you stick them in the jar and you should not get MRSA (I crack me up) or simply use a q-tip to get it out. Taking lippies off for smell and/or packaging cracks me up. It is what it is and it damn well works! That's what counts, right? Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CottonCandyAgency

I really like how this cream comes in a glass jar. So much better than plastic, which is filled with chemicals. That is a plus side to this cream. Nadinola has been around since the 1930's. I have used this cream before in the past, cause I had acne scars and dark marks that I wanted to lighten and get rid of. I used it religiously everyday, I think it was 3X/day. It took three months to see results but my face was so clear and my skin tone was even!

I am back using it again years later cause I have acne scars again, and dark marks from glycolic peels, and TCA. I have noticed within three days my dark marks are starting to get lighter. My face is looking better. Not too bad. The price will vary from where you purchase. I once got it for $4.00 years ago, but I can only get in now for $10.00 and up from a local beauty store.

You don't want to use this after three months because of the hydroquinone. A little does go a long way. It is moisturizing, but only light applictaion is needed. This cream does work but you have to give it a chance. It worked the first time for me, and I can see it working now. It's a good cream that is price effective.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by amary18

Sometimes out of desperation and vanity, we look for products that will "work." For me, this product did NOT work. It actually made my hyper-pigmentation a lot brighter than it was initially. It also triggered a break out. I have stopped using this since and I do not recommend this product for any one trying to fade scars/discolouration.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I've been using Nadinola fade cream since mid-November 2013. I'm only using it on my neck area because it is very discoloured due to too much sun exposure. I use the face cream twice a day, occasionally I forget. I have noticed gradual lightening, perhaps one shade lighter than before. I will continue to purchase Nadinola fade cream after I run out. I believe reading somewhere you are to take a break from the cream after three months. Hydroquinoe really does work, I used to be scared to try it out because of the side effects, well those side effects happen if you use hydroquinoe on large parts of skin over a very long time. I will update my review after a few more months.

Edit January 29, 2014:
Actually my necks looks more lighter than just one shade like I originally stated. I would say two to three shades lighter. I will continue to update.

Edit April 22, 2014:
I recently finished another Nadinola cream, this time, the extra strength version. I only used one cream, so I cannot say it worked too well. I am receiving an order of Paula's Choice Resist Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA this week. This lotion has 2% hydroquinoe and 7% AHA. I think AHAs may be helpful for skin fading because they are chemical exfoliants. I will update after I finish the PC lotion. I'll try and compare it with Nadinola :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by kumiko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had horrible acne spots for years and it was getting out of control. I admit, I totally did pick and scratch my skin absentmindedly. I have tried the estee lauder fade cream, clinique and the miderma stuff but just when they started to work I would always run out and they were way too expensive. This stuff cleared my face in one week. I'm halfway through the bottle and my scars are 80% gone. Girls, if you have hyper pigmentation problems definitely go for this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by xSins

I have an awful pigment patch on my cheek and a few freckles but I don't mind them really. All I ever wanted was to get rid of the big pigment spot on my cheek. Must say that I've been a bit stupid. I have never used sunscreen and I went tanning a lot. I stopped tanning and I am using sunscreen now everyday!!! So i've searched the internet for a good fading cream and nadinola seems to work brilliant! It also contains hydroquinone and I believe that hard chemicals work better then natural stuff. SOO ...

When the cream arrived I was so excited because I wanted the spot to go away!! After the first night my pigmentspot was SWOLLEN, RED, IRRITATED and DARKER. I kinda knew this already cause in a few reviews people had the same thing so I continued but I waited until the irritation was gone (3/4 days) and used it again only at night and only at the pigmentspot. And again after every apply my spot would be irritated, red, swollen and darker. I used it for like a month, 2/3 times a week at night. At one point my spot almost seems to be faded but I wanted more so I applied it again and it turned out DARKER again and it stayed that way ughhh. So I decided to leave it for twee weeks and now I used it again, well two days ago and my spot is AGAIN darker. I really hope it will lighten up in these few days and I think I will not use it again because I am sooo scared that it will stay darker than before and it makes me so insecure. I am going to find something else without hydroquinone and hopefully that will work, maybe slower but it's better than having red irritation skin everytime. Must say that I saw result after 3/4 weeks (and I was verry happy at that moment and even wanted to make a happy youtube review about the product) but THEN I used it again and it was darker (so weird?)

I also have a big pigment spot under my bum and I am going to try to use Nadinola there if that gets irritated I don't really care because no one sees it haha. So maybe that will work better :)

There are signs of fading but the way the cream is reacting is way too dangerous for me. I am too scared that the cream makes the spot even darker forever, unfortunately :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by crossbonnez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would NOT recommend this product to anyone with acne prone skin. I used it only for two nights & I completely broke out on my cheeks and forehead. Painful cystic acne. I have kept my skin acne-free for about 2 years now but taking accutane, birth control & topical Retin A. Just wanted an even skin tone. So I tried this & it has completely destroyed my skin. I do greatly regret trying this product. Please again if you have sensitive, acne prone skin - DO NOT BUY IT !

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I should have known better than to put this stuff on my face after smelling it. It has a noxious smell; reminiscent of nair or a relaxer. But alas, swayed by the positive reviews I decided to try it and definitely wish I didn't. I used this overnight for about a week and I've been dealing with the damage for just as long. My skin feels thinner and is painful to touch; it's extremely irritated. I've never had sensitive skin but I sure do now. My skin won't stop stinging and my pores are huge! I have hives that won't go away and my usual mineral makeup just doesn't look good right now. I'm going to put the nadinola fade cream where it belongs: the trash. This stuff is garbage and not work messing your skin up with. Just my $0.02.

**UPDATE**
After two weeks of tlc my skin has healed quite a bit. During this time I had to stop using most of my normal products because my severely irritated skin couldn't handle them. I used cetaphil to cleanse, rosewater to tone, almond oil as day moisturizer, and decleor rose de'orient night balm before bed. I didn't wear any make up. My skin doesn't burn when I touch it now, the hives are gone, and my pores are back to normal. There is some flakiness and patchiness in color due to being unable to exfoliate and wear my normal spf 35.

Overall, this was the worst skin experience I've ever had to deal with and I strongly urge you to reconsider using this product.

***UPDATE***
Long after writing that last update I found the nadinola while cleaning my room. I threw it in the trash (should have done that sooner) and wanted to re-visit this review since this is a product I feel strongly about. Please,please, please reconsider using this if you are on the fence. My skin healed after a few weeks and it's back to normal but my experience with this cream was such a nightmare and I can't believe there are people out there advocating its use. This stuff is dangerous and if you don't want to ruin your skin I would forget about nadinola fade cream.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by ann2781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay...so I have been a long time lurker on MUA. This is my first review and you can bet it is because this product is so totally worth it. To start off, I am of asian descent with brown, dry skin that burns and pigments easily. To make things worse, I had this hyper-pigmentation scar on my face from a scratch that was 7 years old and I tried just about everything in my budget to fade it and let me tell you nothing worked. NOTHING!! I tried home recipes, the lemon-honey trick, mederma, bio-oil and nothing. Anyways, I bought this cream quite by accident, saw it at walmart for about $5 saw the word "fade" on it and I was like ok, its cheap enough to give it a try. Well, let me tell you it's not only dirt cheap , it actually works!! I saw lightening of my scar in just 2 days. Right now, I have been using it for about 1 month and I can hardly see my scar any more. What remains is a very(and I mean very) light discoloration that I am positive will be gone in a couple more months if not weeks. I have been using it on all other spots on my face as well and honestly my skin hasn't looked this good in ages. I don't care for the jar packaging or the smell(which is really not unique enough to critic either way) but I take away no lippies for those because the stuff inside the jar is that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most important review I'll ever write on MakeupAlley. Let me give you some background: I was on Accutane for a few years total got a lot of sun exposure (Accutane makes your skin thin and sensitive to the sun) which in turn gave me a TON of sun damage on my face and body. So I was really discouraged and even contemplated chemical peels and possibly laser sometime down the road to correct the issues. I read about Nadinola on here and on YouTube so I decided to check it out.
-------------------------
There was one hyperpigmented spot in particular on my face that was really noticeable, dark and large and it was really embarrassing for me. I've tried greek yogurt and turmeric to lighten it but those didn't do anything.. So I tried putting a little nadinola on it every single night without fail and now a little over a month later, it's completely gone. I could not believe it. I got discouraged after a week or two because most people on here said they noticed a difference within such a short time frame but ladies: BE PATIENT!! Wait it out!
-------------------------
You can find the Nadinola cream in the ethnic hair care section at Wal Mart and it is $5. Also, I wasn't too sure if it'd work for me in the beginning because I only saw/read reviews that were African American skin types but it works on Caucasian skin as well. Another thing you should know is that during the first month or so of use, my skin turned a little red on the areas that I was applying the cream but nothing else, and it slowly got used to the cream and redness went away--I think a little bit of temporary redness is a small price to pay for such great results.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No