August 21, 2014 | 1191 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Product description: This is a skin beautifying UV milk for brightening skin tone. It also covers irregularities from pores and dull skin. It uses a light correction powder mixture. It protects against UV-A that causes decreases in tone and elasticity in skin. It can also be used as a makeup base and provides a smooth finish for foundation. This review is for the 2014 version with SPF50+ PA++++.

(2014 Ver.) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Lauryl methacrylate, Alkyl (C15-C15) benzoate, Talc Powder, Titanium(IV) Oxide, Diethylamino Hydroxylbenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, BisEthylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Mica, Methylhydrogenpolysiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, PEG-3 Dimethicone, Polyslicone-9, PEG-32, Alumina, Silica, Iron Oxides, Aluminum hydroxide, Barium sulfate, Aluminium dimyristate, Sodium Hyaluronate, D&C Red #30, Phenoxyethanol, BHT

Cosdna: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_674f141907.html

Pros:
- average cost performance (30ml for about 700 yen)
- physical and chemical UV filters
- lightened my red/pink patches which resulted in a more even skin tone
- has a slight alcohol smell but doesn't have the sunscreen smell
- feels velvety to the touch; I recommend the product be patted on as the powder finish may ball with rubbing
- very runny so easy to spread
- matte finish which lasted all day; I recommend moisturiser on dry patches or the powder will settle and flake

Cons:
- the small bottle lasted for about 3 weeks of daily use for me
- the packaging of the 2014 version looks very similar to the older version; the 2014 is PA++++ while the old version is PA+++
- needs to be thoroughly washed off at the end of the day; I skipped one night and got white heads the next day, probably from the pigment or powder
- it is quite drying and I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday sunscreen if it's not summer; you either need to moisturize before, have oily skin or live in a humid climate where you sweat all the time
- the brightening effect can look a bit white-cast-y so I wouldn't recommend for people with dark skin
- contains alcohol, talc powder and other irritants that may affect sensitive skin

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Asian sunscreens. I typically alternate between this and Biore Sarasara Uv Aqua Rich Waterly Essence Sunscreen Spf 50. I use this one in particular on days where I know the humidity is going to be higher than usual since it also doubles as a primer. Foundation goes on smoothly over it and has quite a bit of staying power. I love it's lightweight feel on my skin. It is a pretty small bottle for the purchase price, however, I've been able to find some decent deals at Amazon and Sasa.com so I tend to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by SleepyMilotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the new formula (PA++++)

This was recently reformulated to be PA++++ (from +++). Make sure when purchasing you are buying the new formula with PA++++! I'm normal skinned (neither oily nor dry), VERY fair skinned, not acne prone, and wear 1/4 tsp_ on the face. I'm very annoyed when reviewers rate sunscreen without using the correct amount.

The Good:

-Very matte, powdery finish, not greasy or sticky to the touch, great for oily skin
-I LOVE the "blur" effect it gives my face
-Absorbs very fast
-Great under makeup
-Easy to reapply, easy to use 1/4 tsp
-PA++++!!

The Potentially not as Good:

-If you have dry skin, this might not work for you! I don't even have dry skin but this emphasized the dryer parts of my face! Break out the moisturizer before putting this on! I wore this in the winter with a light moisturizer under it, my face was extremely dry and irritated by the end of the day. If I wear something heavier like 3 pumps of CeraVe PM under it then it's fine.

-If your skin is sensitive to alcohol this might not work for you! Harsh alcohol smell when applied to face but smell almost immediately disappears. it's really what makes this SS so light and cosmetically elegant, however it irritates my skin so I had to stop using it.

-You have to import it! I just buy two bottles at a time as the bottles are a little on the small side! One bottle lasts me about 1 month. Again, make sure you are buying the NEW version!

-It has a slight pink "tint" to "brighten" your complexion. I really love how it looks on my skin, very sheer and subtle, but I'm not sure how it would look on someone with a deeper complexion?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cherylbabie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

although it does brighten the complexion of my face, it breaks me out horribly especially in the forehead area. dunno if it's related to one of the ingredients which can trigger acnes. a disastrous LET DOWN! I've always loved biore products but this one doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish is brightening and makes a great base for foundation or even to wear alone. Strong alcohol scent upon application but dissipates quickly. Very mattifying so non-dry skin people will love it.

I have dry skin and sometimes it leaves a perfect finish throughout the day and sometimes I end up looking like a prune with a whitish tint. So whether the finish is nice depends on the condition of your skin. Good that it has zinc oxide. I got several compliments while wearing this sunscreen with just a tinted moisturizer on top.

Would be perfect if Biore removed the alcohol and made it a physical only sunscreen.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sandyco

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love all the Japan biore sunscreens!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

I love it, is the best sunscreen i own. I have tried pretty much all Biore UV range and this one is my favorite, protects me all day from sun burn, leaves my skin mattified all day and luminous at the same time, i have oily acne prone skin and i never got any breakouts from this, is just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Distordedx

This is the best sunscreen I've ever Used in my entire life. I'm on my 5th bottle already. Price is affordable. With this I don't even need to apply foundation anymore!!! It gives a bright and fair matte finish. This contains alcohol so it might not be suitable for people with dry skin. I use a moisturizer underneath this SS. So after it sets I'll get a little glowy finish. I love this and I'm going to stock this up......!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

*UPDATE*
I have found a comparable if not better sunscreen from Clarins! It is also light-weight and pink-tinted. It works similarly like this one from Biore but I find that the oil control is slightly better with Clarins!

I have been through a few bottles of this after discovering it. It is so light-weight that it feels so comfortable for daily use under my makeup. I still use a makeup primer with purple colour correct on top of this though as the pinkish tone of this sunscreen enhances radiance but does not help in colour correcting my yellow-undertone asian skin. I will keep buying this until I find a better sunscreen,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not get enough credit, but somehow I'm quite glad cos if it's popular, it'd be sold out all the time, which I hate happening, especially for my favourite products! This is my absolute HG. This very innocent-looking product has put me through the harshest sun rays of Bali and Thailand and outdoors of Singapore heat and I did not get sunburnt or even tanned one bit. And my skin's VERY prone to redness and this has protected me for soooo many years. Plus point, it's also a make-up base and it makes makeup look so fresh and matte, AND it controls oil. What's not to like?