April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Bright Face Milk SPF 50+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by SleepyMilotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Even though nothing ever breaks me out, this did, and I'm pretty sure it's the high alcohol amount. My skin was red and irritated, blackheads, red bumps. I've tried other (alcohol-free or low alcohol) Japanese sunscreens and had no bad reaction. I've since stopped using this for only 3 days and my skin is doing so much better already. I'm not removing a star because if your skin can handle this alcohol this is a GREAT every day sunscreen especially if you have oily skin.

.:*~original review~*:.

This review is for the new formula (PA++++)

This was recently reformulated to be PA++++ (from +++). Make sure when purchasing you are buying the new formula with PA++++! I'm normal skinned (neither oily nor dry), VERY fair skinned, not acne prone, and wear 1/4 tsp on the face. I'm very annoyed when reviewers rate sunscreen without using the correct amount.

The Good:

-Very matte, powdery finish, not greasy or sticky to the touch, great for oily skin
-Absorbs very fast
-Great under makeup
-Easy to reapply, easy to use 1/4 tsp
-PA++++!! Great for every day protection!

The Potentially not as Good:

-If you have dry skin, this might not work for you! I don't even have dry skin but this emphasized the dryer parts of my face! Break out the moisturizer before putting this on!

-If your skin is sensitive to alcohol this might not work for you! Harsh alcohol smell when applied to face but smell almost immediately disappears. it's really what makes this SS so light and cosmetically elegant, however it irritates my skin so I had to stop using it.

-You have to import it! I just buy two bottles at a time as the bottles are a little on the small side! One bottle lasts me about 1 month. Again, make sure you are buying the NEW version!

-It has a slight pink "tint" to "brighten" your complexion. I really love how it looks on my skin, very sheer and subtle, but I'm not sure how it would look on someone with a deeper complexion?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cherylbabie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

although it does brighten the complexion of my face, it breaks me out horribly especially in the forehead area. dunno if it's related to one of the ingredients which can trigger acnes. a disastrous LET DOWN! I've always loved biore products but this one doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish is brightening and makes a great base for foundation or even to wear alone. Strong alcohol scent upon application but dissipates quickly. Very mattifying so non-dry skin people will love it.

I have dry skin and sometimes it leaves a perfect finish throughout the day and sometimes I end up looking like a prune with a whitish tint. So whether the finish is nice depends on the condition of your skin. Good that it has zinc oxide. I got several compliments while wearing this sunscreen with just a tinted moisturizer on top.

Would be perfect if Biore removed the alcohol and made it a physical only sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sandyco

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love all the Japan biore sunscreens!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

I love it, is the best sunscreen i own. I have tried pretty much all Biore UV range and this one is my favorite, protects me all day from sun burn, leaves my skin mattified all day and luminous at the same time, i have oily acne prone skin and i never got any breakouts from this, is just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Distordedx

This is the best sunscreen I've ever Used in my entire life. I'm on my 5th bottle already. Price is affordable. With this I don't even need to apply foundation anymore!!! It gives a bright and fair matte finish. This contains alcohol so it might not be suitable for people with dry skin. I use a moisturizer underneath this SS. So after it sets I'll get a little glowy finish. I love this and I'm going to stock this up......!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

*UPDATE*
I have found a comparable if not better sunscreen from Clarins! It is also light-weight and pink-tinted. It works similarly like this one from Biore but I find that the oil control is slightly better with Clarins!

I have been through a few bottles of this after discovering it. It is so light-weight that it feels so comfortable for daily use under my makeup. I still use a makeup primer with purple colour correct on top of this though as the pinkish tone of this sunscreen enhances radiance but does not help in colour correcting my yellow-undertone asian skin. I will keep buying this until I find a better sunscreen,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not get enough credit, but somehow I'm quite glad cos if it's popular, it'd be sold out all the time, which I hate happening, especially for my favourite products! This is my absolute HG. This very innocent-looking product has put me through the harshest sun rays of Bali and Thailand and outdoors of Singapore heat and I did not get sunburnt or even tanned one bit. And my skin's VERY prone to redness and this has protected me for soooo many years. Plus point, it's also a make-up base and it makes makeup look so fresh and matte, AND it controls oil. What's not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by jeanjeantata

a good product for people with oily complexion. it keeps the face matte and bright. may be used on its own or as a makeup base. i typically use this under a bb cream to provide maximal sun protection and to keep my makeup fresh. it is not too expensive so it is pretty affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite SS. Every time I put it on it makes my skin glow. It's an excellent makeup base and it protects me from the sun.