December 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I want to address the size of the bottles as that is a con I left out. It's about 1oz, they do not sell a larger size unfortunately. For everyone saying that it's not a worry because "a little goes a long way" - please stop. To get the full SPF & PDD protection advertised you are supposed to apply 1/4th teaspoon a day. This was proven by scientific studies, not opinions. So despite "a little goes a long way", a bottle is still not supposed to last you long. Yes I am fully aware that 1/4th teaspoon is an insane amount to apply on your face. Thats why it's important to buy sunscreens that are higher in SPF. Consumers rarely follow the 1/4th teaspoon rule & do not get the full benefits advertised. Do not skimp. Sunscreen is one of the most important things you use on your skin. The price for this sunscreen is still fair in my opinion as it is an incredible sunscreen.

Many have asked me for a sunscreen recommendation so I figured I'd finally write this. I am not a dermatologist obviously. Rather I am a greasy-faced, acne-prone girl with a hatred for the sun & a love for being a skincare wannabe-scientist nerd.

I have repurchased this product 6 times in the past year, but to be fair it only launched in Febuary 2014. I was using Biore UV Perfect Face Milk PA+++ until they released this. What is the difference between PA+++ and PA++++? The PA++++ has a slightly higher PPD number of 16 or more, as the extra "+" is an indication of. So although the SPF remains the same, the protection against rays that age your skin increases. Another reason I go with the PA++++ is that all of the PA+++s on the market are now becoming expired/out of date as Biore discontinued it manufacturing upon releasing the PA++++. If you buy the PA++++, it is guaranteed that it was made after Febuary 2014. Biore definitely fails at marking their bottles with proper expiration dates so good luck with taking a risk on the PA+++.

Moving forward, the oil absorbing qualities in the PA++++ are slightly less impressive than the previous formulation. :( However compared to most of the sunscreens on the market, this is in my opinion, still the best sunscreen for oily gals. Biore UV Perfect Face Milk PA++++ has the consistency of water & is both too light and liquidy to ever "cake up" on my face. I can NOT DEAL with the tacky, moist texture most (supposedly) "matte" sunscreens leave behind. I am thankful the texture of this is so fine I can rarely remember if I'm even wearing it. There were so many years that I spent punishing my skin because I felt like there were no suitable sunscreens on the market for me. I could feel 95% of the other ones I tried sinking into my pores & causing breakouts despite being marketed for acne-prone skin.

Since finding Biore UV Perfect Face Milk, my skin has transformed. I sheer my favorite matte foundation out with it and apply. This sunscreen serves as an awesome primer, keeps oil at bay for hours, lessens my break outs, and most of all - protects me from sun damage. I have not gotten a single sunspot in 2 years despite me being NC10 and using alpha hydrox acids (glycolic, mandelic, TCA, lactic - they all make you more photosensitive). I even did laser treatments and this was my go-to savior. Additionally since it cuts down on my skin being photosensitive, I have noticed my rosacea has lessened.

Last but not least, the price is very fair. Yeah it sucks I can not purchase this from a local drugstore in America, however I can deal with it as it beats all the others here in performance quality. The only con I can really find in this sunscreen is that it contains a high amount of drying alcohol (vs a fatty alcohol). That originally concerned me as I am sensitive to drying alcohols, however it has yet to be proven a problem while using this. In fact I did not know until way after I started purchasing Biore UV Perfect Face Milk as I could not find its ingredient list in English until recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

You can't go wrong with japanese sunscreens.
This one is a baby pink milky lotion, very runny, it spreads easily and it feel like wearing nothing. No residue smell, no white cast.

Good for all skin types, but if you have really oily skin and want a mattifier sunscreen, go with Biore's Perfect Milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This sunscreen is basically a dream come true. If you know me, you'll know that I'm a connoisseur of sunscreens - I'm obsessed with them because of how susceptible my skin is to melanin, and because of all the chemical peels I use. I've tried all the famous sunscreens - Neutrogrena, La Roche Posay, Lancome, Avene, Clarins.. you name it, I've tried it! I recently picked up a bottle of this before I left on my trip to Italy... and I was so blown away by it! I'll just go ahead and list the pros and cons...

PROS
* Goes on completely matte - a dream if you have oily skin and live in a humid city like me
* Acts as an effective primer - it doesn't ball up under foundation and its oil-controlling properties helps makeup last longer
* I have very acne-prone skin and this does not block my pores at all!
* Very fluid light texture that sinks into skin easily
* Makes skintone more uniform - it's very natural looking and sometimes I just put this on without foundation and go out. I just love how smooth it makes my skin look!
* Effective sun protection but only if you re-apply frequently under strong sun - I didn't re-apply very frequently at the beach and did get slightly tanned, but did not burn
* Extremely value for money! I still can't believe how affordable and high quality this is...

CONS
* It's drying, so make sure you have on a effective moisturizer underneath this sunscreen
* Could be more perfect with UVA/UVB protection as well

I think I will be repurchasing this sunscreen for years to come! I might have finally found my HG sunscreen :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Product description: This is a skin beautifying UV milk for brightening skin tone. It also covers irregularities from pores and dull skin. It uses a light correction powder mixture. It protects against UV-A that causes decreases in tone and elasticity in skin. It can also be used as a makeup base and provides a smooth finish for foundation. This review is for the 2014 version with SPF50+ PA++++.

(2014 Ver.) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Lauryl methacrylate, Alkyl (C15-C15) benzoate, Talc Powder, Titanium(IV) Oxide, Diethylamino Hydroxylbenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, BisEthylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Mica, Methylhydrogenpolysiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, PEG-3 Dimethicone, Polyslicone-9, PEG-32, Alumina, Silica, Iron Oxides, Aluminum hydroxide, Barium sulfate, Aluminium dimyristate, Sodium Hyaluronate, D&C Red #30, Phenoxyethanol, BHT

Cosdna: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_674f141907.html

Pros:
- average cost performance (30ml for about 700 yen)
- physical and chemical UV filters
- lightened my red/pink patches which resulted in a more even skin tone
- has a slight alcohol smell but doesn't have the sunscreen smell
- feels velvety to the touch; I recommend the product be patted on as the powder finish may ball with rubbing
- very runny so easy to spread
- matte finish which lasted all day; I recommend moisturiser on dry patches or the powder will settle and flake

Cons:
- the small bottle lasted for about 3 weeks of daily use for me
- the packaging of the 2014 version looks very similar to the older version; the 2014 is PA++++ while the old version is PA+++
- needs to be thoroughly washed off at the end of the day; I skipped one night and got white heads the next day, probably from the pigment or powder
- it is quite drying and I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday sunscreen if it's not summer; you either need to moisturize before, have oily skin or live in a humid climate where you sweat all the time
- the brightening effect can look a bit white-cast-y so I wouldn't recommend for people with dark skin
- contains alcohol, talc powder and other irritants that may affect sensitive skin

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Asian sunscreens. I typically alternate between this and Biore Sarasara Uv Aqua Rich Waterly Essence Sunscreen Spf 50. I use this one in particular on days where I know the humidity is going to be higher than usual since it also doubles as a primer. Foundation goes on smoothly over it and has quite a bit of staying power. I love it's lightweight feel on my skin. It is a pretty small bottle for the purchase price, however, I've been able to find some decent deals at Amazon and Sasa.com so I tend to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by SleepyMilotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the new formula (PA++++)

This stuff is pretty much identical to the Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA++++ but it has a pink "tint". If you have a very warm or yellowy skintone I would go with the Perfect Face Milk which is more neutral vs this more cool/pink tint. My skintone is pretty warm, and this is a bit too pink for me.

This was recently reformulated to be PA++++ (from +++). Make sure when purchasing you are buying the new formula with PA++++! I'm normal skinned (neither oily nor dry), VERY fair skinned, not acne prone, and wear 1/4 tsp+ on the face.

The Good:

-Very matte, powdery finish, not greasy or sticky to the touch, great for oily skin
-Gives a beautiful "blur" effect on my face
-Absorbs very fast
-Great under makeup
-Easy to reapply, easy to use 1/4 tsp
-PA++++!!

The Potentially not as Good:

-If you have dry skin, this might not work for you! Break out the moisturizer before putting this on! In the humid FL summer I can get away with a lighter moisturizer underneath but during winter I need a decent amount of heavier moisturizer before. If you find this sunscreen irritating because of the drying try pairing it with a heavier moisturizer.

-If your skin is sensitive to alcohol this might not work for you. Harsh alcohol smell when applied to face but smell almost immediately disappears. it's really what makes this SS so light and cosmetically elegant.

-You have to import it! I just buy two bottles at a time as the bottles are a little on the small side! One bottle lasts me about 1 month. Again, make sure you are buying the NEW version!

-A fairly harsh white cast, which becomes less harsh once it dries, but definitely not well suited for deeper skin tones unfortunately.

-It has a slight pink "tint" to "brighten" your complexion. More for cool/pink skintones.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cherylbabie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

although it does brighten the complexion of my face, it breaks me out horribly especially in the forehead area. dunno if it's related to one of the ingredients which can trigger acnes. a disastrous LET DOWN! I've always loved biore products but this one doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish is brightening and makes a great base for foundation or even to wear alone. Strong alcohol scent upon application but dissipates quickly. Very mattifying so non-dry skin people will love it.

I have dry skin and sometimes it leaves a perfect finish throughout the day and sometimes I end up looking like a prune with a whitish tint. So whether the finish is nice depends on the condition of your skin. Good that it has zinc oxide. I got several compliments while wearing this sunscreen with just a tinted moisturizer on top.

Would be perfect if Biore removed the alcohol and made it a physical only sunscreen.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sandyco

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love all the Japan biore sunscreens!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

I love it, is the best sunscreen i own. I have tried pretty much all Biore UV range and this one is my favorite, protects me all day from sun burn, leaves my skin mattified all day and luminous at the same time, i have oily acne prone skin and i never got any breakouts from this, is just perfect!