October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Lotions/ Creams - 100 Percent Pure - Organic Vanilla Bean Nourishing Body Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I'm not sure which way to answer on the "would you buy again" question. I would not buy this fragrance again, but I really like the product itself and plan to buy it in different fragrances. This scent was just not for me, but that doesn't seem to be good enough reason to knock the score down on a good product, just because I chose the wrong scent. A few reviewers on here were very less than complementary on the scent. As a migraine sufferer, I am very careful with scented products. This product, personally, did not have a fragrance strong enough to really offend, even with the fact that I did not like the scent. It is a very light fragrance, and it doesn't linger overly long. This is nice, if you'd rather smell like your cologne than your body lotion (I can't wear perfume, but I can imagine a person would not want their body lotion to overpower their perfume.) There are certainly a wide range of scents that are called "vanilla," and ordinarily I love them, whether in beauty products or household products. I'm not sure how to describe this particular vanilla, but it's not similar to the vanilla extract you cook with, it's not similar to the typical Glade airfreshner, and it's not similar to the God-awful L'oreal Evercreme haircare line. The product itself is SUPER thick, which I loved. My skin is so dry this year from this horrid winter we are having. It left no greasiness, which was great. My skin felt so soft & nicely hydrated. I used it on my hands as well. I love 100% Pure for their cruelty-free & chemical free stance on beauty, so I definitely plan to give this product another go in a different scent. I can't stand the idea of slathering my body in mineral oil, petroleum-based products, or parabens.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vanilla addict here, so purchased this on a whim at a health food store. On a whim because it's vanilla and natural and what's better than pure, clean vanilla bean, unadulterated? The package was sealed with a bit of foil over the opening, so I couldn't test prior to purchase.

Anyway, got it home and upon application, was completely disappointed. Tacky texture with a very strong maple syrup scent. No vanilla what so ever in my opinion.

This should be called 100 % Mrs. Butterworth's.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by aghareeb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely sensitive skin, and this works great for me. It's a nice creamy texture, absorbs non-greasy, but it smells exactly like a Butter Cream Frosting Yankee Candle. Very sweet and sugary. I'm ok with it, but if you're not a fan of vanilla frosting, maybe pick another scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a very odd love-hate relationship with this particular cream. It's creamy and fast-absorbing, yet dense enough to feel like it's moisturizing. The smell is so sickeningly sweet though that I don't think I could ever wear it out of the house. It smells EXACTLY like a Jessica Simpson Dessert Butterscotch body shimmer lotion I had in high school - which was disgusting, but somehow addictive.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

I adore 100 percent products, but this smelled gross. I mean I was able to tolerate it, but didn't like it! Smelled like expired sugar almonds or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by JCAUDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use many body products and of all, this is on my top list of favorites. It is highly hydrating and absorbs well. Not o mention the decadent scent. Some have thought this to be too strong, but me likiie!! Yummy and creamy and sill allows me to wear my fragrances right after without scent class. It's been repackaged into a tube which I love. For the $15 you get 8oz, which to me is quite inexpensive. Have repurchased and will again and again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love most 100% pure items, but this was not one of them. The scent is not vanilla at all, as someone noted in a review below. Instead, it smells like coconut and burnt caramel. The scent is very strong and unappealing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not only did this lotion not smell anything like vanilla of any variation, it was an awful moisturizer!! I give all of the products that I don't like to friends and family, but this one went straight to the garbage!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by OMGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It smells lovely, but a lot. It is a natural scent of vanilla and a bit like an actual cake. I like it, but you should wait a bit to put on your ordinary clothes if you don't want to smell like a cake all day. It is a nice body cream, but not for the most dry parts of your body. I also have a tube, which is really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by flcarr

I love this body cream. Usually by mid-winter my skin is hopelessly dried out, but after using this for a month I have soft, supple skin even in the middle of January! I love the scent too—it reminds me of cotton candy. Lovely all around. FYI—I bought mine at 360 Beauty and in the store at least they have changed the packaging from the pump pictured here to a tube.