November 22, 2014 | 1420 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff with a passion. I have really sensitive, clog-prone skin and thought this will be good to control oil. I put a small amount of this sunscreen on and my face IMMEDIATELY felt tight and uncomfortable, and somewhat itchy...I think its the alcohol content :( Even worse, when I removed it after just 12 hours or so, I have pimples all over my face.

will stick to blot powders for oil control.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by blee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal to dry skin, so I wasn't sure how well this would work since it's known to work well for oily skin. Overall, it didn't dry my skin out too much. It does smell very strongly of alcohol, and it does leave this slippery, silicone finish on the face. I didn't mind the feeling, but I couldn't put it on my eyelids without it destroying my eye makeup. It would completely obliterate my eye primer and dissolve away my eye shadow. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I had high hopes for this product (i have the white bottle), because it has such hype all over the internet. I read in many reviews that it was heavy duty for oily skins, so i decided to give it a try.

I paid around 8-9 euros for a 30ml tube. Althought it's a standard size for many beauty products, i think the package is really tiny. But for the price, i don't think it's that bad.

I ordered it on ebay, and took around 2 weeks to be delivered. I've been using it everyday for the past couple of months.

It's white and very liquid. You can smell the alcohol a lot, and alcohol in face products is something that bothers me, but it was expected... i just wanted to see if this product was that much effective with oil control.

I usually take a few drops on my fingers and then apply all over my face, concentrated on the most oily areas. It's very easily spread and the skin turns mate instantly. The feeling is very velvety and soft, like a primer. I don't see any white cast, but i only apply a small amount.

The oil control it's not awesome and mind blowing, it's just ok. It's better with this product than using nothing at all...

Although i was skeptical about the bad effects that the alcohol and other ingredients might have on my skin (i have acne prone sensitive skin, that breakout very easily), i didn't experience any breakouts from using this product, i just make sure to remove it very well at night.

I was expecting more from this, so i'm not buying again. Still searching for my HG suncreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

this is a great mattifier and base for makeup. I don't like way it makes my skin feel alone though. It has a velvety feel and I can constantly "feel" it on my skin, like a soft velvety annoying mask. It's a good sunscreen but i never reach for it because of that feeling on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

This is a truly matte sunscreen. One could probably apply half the bottle at one go and it still wouldn't look greasy. But it just doesn't work for me even though I have oily skin.

Firstly there is a slight white cast and being a guy having a white cast face when appearing in pictures and bright sunlight environments just makes thing a bit awkward. friends (especially females one keep asking me why my face looks so white.

Secondly this sunscreen is very hard to remove completely. I normally use a cleansing oil followed by foaming cleanser but sometimes I still can feel a slight layer of the sunscreen on my face. I think I developed some breakouts due to this sunscreen.

As a result I now hardly use this sunscreen anymore and I'm opting for the less matte Senka sunscreen instead as it is removable with regular cleansers.

I have also used the Perfect Milk (blue) sunscreen for face and body. it is less matte than Perfect Face but it is lighter. A good sunscreen nonetheless and I prefer it over Perfect Face but for everyday use, again I prefer something less water n sweat resistant n removable with regular cleansers. The Perfect Milk removes more easily than the Perfect Face.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this. I use the white bottle labeled Perfect Face Milk Spf 50+. I used to use the Sofina brand until it discontinued but found out this was a good replacement. Using this consistently over a long period of time it made me completely forget just how oily my skin gets. One day I ran out of it and figured my current primer with spf would suffice. Lo and behold I was reminded of how oily my skin truly was! I was horrified! At first I thought the culprit was my new foundation but after switching back I found out it was the lack of my precious Biore UV Perfect Face Milk. I don't know why but I wanted to try out the new Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen. Perhaps it was because it had the title of "Top Selling Sunscreen," I mean its a good sunscreen it just doesn't do well if you're looking for oil control.

Routine I found that works for me:
    After cleansing I pat on my Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream (good moisturizer for oily skin gals) and let it settle in for 3-5min.
    Then I apply the Biore UV Perfect Face Milk and let that set in for another 3-5 min before applying my primer and foundation.
    I found this helps my makeup stay on for longer and I don't need to blot or touch up more than once a day.

I re-ordered the perfect face milk because I just can't do without it. It is the best oil control product ever! Performs even better than all the high end mattifying primers I've tried over the years. I mean so much so that it made me forget that I had oily skin! That's saying something!! So if you suffer from oily skin like me please give this a try. It is really my holy grail product. I'll never stray...lesson learned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I indulged because of all of yal's reviews. Thank ya'l!!

I bought off of ebay or amazon for 15 bucks which wasn't a big deal. It really made me shine a lot. it smells like sunscreen but not too much to complain. Only complaints is that the bottle isn't bigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best sunscreen I've ever tried - and oh lord, I've tried many!! This really has a confortable touch and a nice finish. It is light, indeed, and it's definitely the best for applying makeup over it (though I mostly wear it on its own). It looks so good!! I just won't say it's perfect because of the alcohol, might be a problem for skin sensitivity, but honestly, it's the closest to perfection I've ever found and I love it. I'm in my 6th bottle already -- and an advice to those willing to buy it from the internet: buy more than one, it's small and a bottle doesn't last long (but whatever, it's cheap anyway, which is crazy for the great quality!)

EDIT: ok it's still the best sunscreen I've got for daily / city use, but please don't ever go to the beach or to a long sun exposure with this... always when I do it I end up with brown spots :( stupidly, I did it yesterday again, reapplied 4 times, and yep, brown spots all around my face, I feel like crying. (the weird thing is, no redness at all, just the spots. And I'm NW20 and get red very easily.) This never happens when I have the same kind of exposure wearing a different SPF 50 sunscreen (usually I wear Avene 50 to the beach), so I just think this cannot be considered a SPF 50.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lookwithin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the blue bottle (UV Perfect Milk) and the white bottle (UV Perfect Face Milk). MUP doesn't have separate listings for them so I'll list both reviews here.

BLUE BOTTLE - UV PERFECT MILK
    This sunscreen looks very good on my skin: non-whitening, non-oily, basically it doesn't look like I'm wearing sunscreen. I wore it a few days during the summer in SoCal and my skin looked great outside! Sounds like the perfect sunscreen right? Not so fast. I would NOT make this my everyday sunscreen as the alcohol content is high, that's how it dries so fast. Alcohol is something you should seek to eliminate or at least minimize in your skincare products. By using a high alcohol content sunscreen, while you are taking one step forward (sun protection), you are taking a step back as well due to exposing your skin to alcohol. IMO even if a sunscreen looks great on your skin, it's not worth it in the long run if it's damaging your skin. If you use this product, I'd only recommend using it occasionally.

WHITE BOTTLE - UV PERFECT FACE MILK
    With "Face" in the title, you'd think this sunscreen would be even better than the blue bottle, but that wasn't the case for me. This sunscreen caused my face and neck to peel, I only used it a couple times and it peeled each time. Perhaps the alcohol content in the white bottle is higher than blue bottle? I've never had a sunscreen cause my skin to react like that before so I discontinued its use. This sunscreen wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the oil control version and I love this! Use this every single day for 3 months and I think I have about at least one and a half to 2 months of use left.

I have oily and sensitive skin and this does not irritate my skin at all. This is my primer before makeup, oil control lotion and sunscreen at the same time! It has spf of 50 PA ++ and is perfect for me since I live in Singapore (tropical country, hot and humid).

I find that my skin gets less oily if I use this underneath foundation or BB cream. My foundation and concealer will last me about 2 hours extra with this baby on. On days that I do not use this, my face gets oily faster.

Love this product and I already repurchased a back of this. Price is only about SGD$15 from Watsons and you get 30ml which is a steal considering the price, quality and also performance of this product.

One of my HG products and I hope they keep making this stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No