September 2, 2014 | 1888 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Blending Sponge

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by macademia81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

well... this does not compare to Beauty Blender in even a 1 % (regardless the price- I am talking use here).. It is much more dense, does not expand when wet, and it feels more hard on your skin- which means it is not pleasure to work with at all!!! if I would want to slap myself I would do it without the sponge!!! so fail for me here.. I actually really want to compare it to sponge from QUO ( I am in Canada and we have this brand is Shoppers drugmart- no idea if US have it to).. but let me tell you this- Sonia Kashuk sponge ( failure to BB already), costs 10 CAD here, QUO sponge ( purple color- only one I saw)- costs 5 CAD..and if I would compare apples to apples I can tell you right now that the QUO sponge is absolutely amazing- it is the same density as BB ( I have both), it applies foundation same way, it is soft and bouncy.. shaped different- actually shape is exactly like Sonia Kashuk one- personally I could not care less.. and price is absolutely is a steal! so long story short- Sonia Kashuk sponge-NO, BB-YES, QUO-YES, and extra point for price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never used the BB so cant review from that perspective BUT that doesnt stop me from raving about this product. Im not usually one to jump on the bandwagon but im fairly dissapointed in myself for not doing so earlier with the makeup sponge!

To make your foundation last (both in the bottle and on your face) dab a small amount on your face (little dabs around your face) then use the damp sponge to blend it in. This way the sponge isnt sucking in all the foundation but rather dabbing it around the face evenly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am of the opinion that every woman who wears liquid foundation should have a decent quality cosmetic sponge. For many women, myself included, the original Beauty Blender is very cost prohibitive. The Sonia Kashuk sponge is not only more affordable, it's more accessible as well. I can pick mine up at the local Target, whereas the BB is a little harder to find. One big difference, besides the shape, is the density of the foam material. The SK sponge is very dense and when wetted doesn't expand anywhere near as much as the BB.

The pointed tip is excellent for blending foundation around the creases of the nose and for blending concealer around the eyes. While everyone has a different method for using this sponge, I like to squirt some liquid foundation on the back of my hand and tamp the flat bottom end of the SK sponge into that dollop of foundation and then roll the bottom of the sponge across my skin. I use the flat sides of the pointed tip to blend out around my eyebrows and into my hairline. Then I just roll it around to even everything out. This gives me a nice even finish. This brush also cleans up nicely using Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Miracle Liquid Castille Soap. I use the peppermint version for its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. Plus it leaves my brushes smelling nice and refreshingly clean.

My only complaint is that this sponge soaks up a ton a product and does't deposit all of it onto the skin. Maybe that's because I use a light hand, or maybe it really does suck up that much foundation. I find a go through about a third more foundation using this sponge than when I use my Eco Tools flat foundation brush. But the trade-off is a flawless application, which the Eco Tools brush cannot achieve.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this out before investing in the BB. It put on the foundation just fine, but definitely did not leave it super blended/airbrushed. The sponge is a bit hard and feels less soft/bouncy than the BB. Overall, it does the job but it doesn't do it particularly extraordinarily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this sponge and it was nice but was so hard, even when wet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by lexi477

I really wanted to buy the beauty blender however the expensive price made me hesitant, instead I bought this at target for ten dollars. It does a much better job than any of my brushes and has never smeared my foundation when applying. It doesn't dry very well and seems always damp, without the purchase of cleanser to clean it , it gets very stained. I had high expectations for this since everyone gave it great reviews i think ill try the beauty blenders from sephora next time

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by superlibrarian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this egg shaped blender from SK. So much more affordable than the MAC one. Not much more to say that hasn't already been said by other reviewers but it's fantastic for creases, curves, edges and blending into hairline. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by otreasureo

The little sponge is amazing! In the past, I wanted to try out Beauty Blender, but this SK Blending Sponge was readily available at my local Target, so I decided to purchase it. What a GREAT discovery! This puts my foundation brushes to shame! I've never in my life had such flawless application of foundation from anything else other than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by HelloPretty21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS SPONGE!!!
It makes my makeup look so natural and professional and it makes any foundation,powder,blush or concealer go on amazing.
The only thing I didn't like about this sponge is that it absorbed a lot of product an it made it look Germy and nasty no matter how much I washed it which I believe caused my face to break out a bit :(
I did discover though pouring a bit of make up remover and then washing with a mild shampoo (after ever use,religiously) removed most of the product and helped from causing breakouts. Other than that I cannot think of a single thing bad to say about it and I will purchase it again in the future. It is WELL worth the upkeep trust me!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by junelove

I prefer the beauty blender over the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge for several reasons. The beauty blender is shaped like an egg, so it rolls onto he skin smootly fining out any harsh foundation lines. I like to wet mine before I apply foundation and it holds in the moisture really well, whereas the SK blending sponge is too dense to do that. Although the SK blending sponge has a finer tip, which allows you to really get into the corners of your eye, the beauty blender can achieve the same look even though it has a slightly more rounded tip. In all, I would definitely recommend the beauty blender even though it is a little more expensive, it is definitely worth investing in something that you could potentially be using on a daily basis, especially if you are trying to achiece that flawless finish