September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Quad (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Country Woods--I heard all the reviews about how sheer these were but they were not kidding.
The colors are so similar it is almost impossible to tell the difference between them.
For the price I expected a bit more from these.
They barely show up on my skin they are only useful for adding just the SLIGHTEST depth to the crease for a natural look.
Honestly I get a better result with liner and mascara.
I was going to try to use these but decided to return them. I have no use for 3 almost identical shades in one super sheer pallet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cover Girl is VERY hit or miss. Some products are outstanding (for the money), and others are meh...not so much. I think I've bought just about every quad, single and trio that Cover Girl has put out...you see, I'm a bit of a makeup hoarder he...he.

I agree with most of the MA posters here, some of the CG shadows are super chalky and hard to blend. I have this quad in Fairy Tale and I LOVE the plummy, purplish color. This morning I used some Tarte shadows out of one of my palettes to create a nice, neutral eye. I got to work, sat down at my desk, checked my makeup and my eyes just did not have enought "oomph" under the harsh office lighting.. I'm very fair, with blonde hair and green eyes. I have small eyes and my features almost disappear without makeup, especially under harsh lighting. I added some of the plum color to my outer "v" from this quad from the stash I keep in my desk. BAM! I loved the results if I so say so myself. Makeup, IMHO is the 8th wonder of the world. It never ceases to amaze me what magic can be created with the right tools, the correct colors for your skintone and the right products for your skin type...and you do not need to buy pricey products to acheive good results.

If you are a pale face like me, pick up this Fairy Tale quad just for the plum color alone. It's a color that works well with my cool coloring and it does not make me looks sickly or like I have two black eyes, and it makes my green eye color go POP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I buy & have repurchased Country Woods over & over since the mid 1990s. The colors are very similar but they all work together well. I don't like the one ivory shade in it thou as it is too sheer. Every other CG quad I tried I did not really care for except Urban Basics & Sheerly Nudes they were, meh. Just too sheer, no pigment, didn't show up on my lids, generally a sign of poor quality cheap products, except for Country Woods which is 1 of my fave quads of all time of all brands. Just sayin'...get Country Woods, forget the other ones the rest.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by adeleme

I wanted a barely-there look so I went for CG Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadow in Sheerly Nudes. However, when I put them on, they're so sheer and shimmery, and practically no pigment at all. The first three colors are so light and similar, and the dark color for contour doesn't make much of a difference. This product is just not for me. Wouldn't buy this again, and I wish I could return it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Littlemissninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have one of these in Urban basics. I have no idea what the price is, since it was a gift. I like all the colours, but not so crazy about the shimmer. I prefer matte eyeshadows. The pigmentation on these is poor, so in order to get enough colour I need to put on an eyeshadow base and really pack it on. The lasting power is okay, but could be better. The packaging looks...well, cheap. Overall, I just wish they had better pimentation and lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the one with the yellow, turquoise, blue, and orange (tropical something?), and by mixing the turquoise with the yellow and using a wet eyeliner brush I have this sultry, smudged green liner that makes my blue eyes look FABULOUIS! So cheap too and will last forever! My only concern is that it doesnt last very long... meh! I can reapply five hours later! Whatever, right? Get it, cause its cheap and worth a try :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Palette tested: "Dynamite Drama" (Burgundy, gold, pea green, beige).

They look nice in the package, but they're chalky, poorly pigmented, the packaging is cheap and the applicator is useless. Also, no staying power or color intensity even with a primer. In my own pack, I could only get the burgundy color to show up without hurting my eyelids while packing it on, and even then the result was underwhelming. If you're going to get a cheap drugstore pressed eyeshadow, go with Wet n Wild. They're cheaper and better quality in every way possible, except for perhaps the packaging (equally bad).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have several of those and very rarely reach for them. The colours look fantastic in the container, but the actual colour pay off is SO poor that I stopped bothering to use these.

As mentioned, the staying power is non-existent. I haven't tried them with primer, but considering the general pigmentation, I don't think I will bother. Even primers aren't miracle workers for, what is very much, a poor quality product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shakat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: Liked the colour's , spread on easily.
Cons: it is very hard, and the colour fades instantly by the end of the day it was just small smudges. it was worse than the eyeshadow I bought at dollerama and I paid six bucks for the cover girl :(
would not bye tis again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by coffee0890

I recently bought the CG quad in "Berries & cream" and this is by far one of the worst eyeshadows I have ever had. It was 4$ and some change at Walmart. Only the darkest purple showed up at all. Some of the other quads looked really pretty and I may attemp a neutreal quad but dont waste your money on the purples!!! These are chalky too and I had alot of fallout. You would be better of Getting the 6 e/s pallete of purple from Wet and Wild.