October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Conditioner - Joico - Re:Nu Age Defy Softness and Manageability

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by 70Allycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've spent a lot of time, energy and money over many years getting to know what makes my hair happiest. Regular cuts by the same stylist who knows my hair at least as well as I is key. Doing overnight conditionings helps a lot too, especially since I'm a regular user of flatirons & coloring. I don't cleanse with anything but Wen & this has made the most difference in my hair's health. But sometimes my hair seems to need a little extra "drink," so I opted to buy this. Like some of the other reviewers, i had to agree with them that it does have a very strong smell that lingers LONG after you've rinsed it out. It also left my hair so heavy and weighed down that I had to rewash. I didn't give up on the product with just one use, I tried some other simple techniques to try & remedy the problems: I tried rinsing it for 3-4x longer than normal, then I tried using less product, leaving it in my hair for less time, also tried rinsing immediately, but with no success. The dirty-looking, heavy, stinky hair remained. Obviously it's not for everyone. Because as you've read, some really like it. I'm glad that I didn't pay the $20-$30 that some did for this product, I paid $4. Buy at your own risk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW this conditioner is FANTASTIC!! if you find this for $6 at Big Lots, stock up!! I have fine, straight hair and this left it soft, unfrizzy, detangled, just *perfect*

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I love this conditioner! I got this at winners in Canada for $5.99. It says that it normally retails for $22, which I personally would not pay. I wasn't sure what to expect since the bottle seemed small and it sounded like it is targeted towards the more mature customer. I am 28 and my hair is blonde, fine, and frizzy and I heat style it all the time.

The first time I used it I noticed how thick it is. This is probably why it is packaged in a pump bottle. I absolutely love thick conditioners. And I simply adore the smell!!!! True, if you are not into fragarances - it is rather strong. But to me, it smells like an expensive parfume. Sort of a mix between Angel and Coco Chanel.

I have used it three times now, and can't believe how soft and manageable my hair is!!! And I can't stop smelling it!!! Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by allieswasteland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review in hopes of bringing up the rating from a 3.0 to a 5 where it deserves to be!

This conditioner gives the most luxurious hair washing experience that I've ever experienced. It's thick and creamy, spreads easily, rinses easily and smells decent.

Once again, a reviewer complained was that this line was too heavy ... it's called Softness and Manageability ... I hate it when people complain about something like this. You bought the wrong product for your hair type! They have a Re:nu system for fine hair, so go try that!

I have medium-length, curly/wavy, coarse, partially colour treated hair that is in the process of becoming long. It's very dry and I could never make it look truly and healthy and shiny until now. This shampoo and conditioner (combined with the Controlling Cream) is truly holy grail for me at this point. Up until now, I never could understand what that term meant. I would recommend this to anyone trying to grow out their hair and keep it healthy. Oh yeah, I'm only 17. So, this is definitely not just for aging hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've seen this at Ulta on clearance, it was still too expensive to get me to try it. Being as expensive as it was, I thought it must be good. Then I saw it for 75% off at Trade Secret. It only cost a bit over $6.00. I like the pump bottle- easy to use in the shower. I have a feeling I won't be getting all of the product out of the container though, once I'm nearing the end. The scent is very strong- like a heavy perfume. It does fade once you dry your hair, though. This really made my hair very smooth- those little flyaways were gone and my hair just overall looked healthier. I think they are discontinuing this though. I just saw this tonight at TJ Maxx for $9.99.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is horrible! Not only is the scent bad but it made my hair so dry and fuzzy. The price is so high on this I would have expected better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by julie_madame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner for about a month and I really like it. I had recently bleached my hair from medium brown to platinum blonde and it was really dry. It felt rough and the ends looked terrible. I didn't see a big difference in my hair when I first used it but over time my hair has gone from dry, rough and bristl-y looking to soft and shiny. Unlike other readers, I don't like the smell. It reminds me of Angel and if I wanted to smell like Angel, I'd wear the perfume. Luckily, the smell doesn't last on my hair after it's blowdried. I may try Pureology Nano after this just to see if it's better, but if not--I'll go back to this product. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by MillasonPaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From the moment I first saw this conditioner at my local Ulta I really wanted to try it. I know it's a silly way to judge a product, but to me the bottle was soooo beautiful. But then I went on MUA and read the review below and decided to put off buying it. I put it off and put it off some more. Meanwhile, I had my hair cut at the end of April by my stylist and haven't had it cut since then. That's partly because of her and partly because of me. She's been on maternity leave, and I've decided to use that as an excuse to let my hair grow long. So here I am 2 1/2 months later with no haircut, and it's beginning to look a little ragged. I've taken what I thought was pretty good care of it during those two and half months- just used Phyto products, washed every other day, blowdrying- no flatiron, but it still looked bad so in a huge moment of frustration I went to Ulta and bought this. It completely gave my hair a new lease on life. It looks like I just had it cut now. Unbelievable. Plus, there are some other things that I really like about this conditioner:
1.) It has a pump. I've only used it twice so far so I don't know for sure what it will be like when I get to the bottom, but for right now I'm getting excited at the prospect that I might not have to turn the bottle upside down and smack it against the wall of the shower to get the last bit out.
2.) The smell is unbelievable. I'm not good at describing fragrances at all, but it smells a little like Coco by Chanel, Euphoria by Calvin Klein, or Prada Eau de Parfum. My hubby loves the way my hair smells now. To me, that is priceless in and of itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

I ended up returning these products b/c they were way too heavy for my fine hair. They must be intended for coarse grey hair as they are super moisturizing. Scent was nice though, reminded me of a tamer Angel. :)

Ingredients:

water, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, benentrimonium chloride, polyglyceryl-6 dioleate, cetyl esters, sorbitol, glycol stearate, stearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, bletilla striata root extract, euterpe olercea fruit oil, keratin, squalane, hydrolyzed keratin, palmitoyl myristyl serinate, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, lanolin wax, dimethiconol, hydroxyethylcellulose, peg-8/smdi copolymer, rice oil glycereth-8 esters, glycerin, c10-40 isoalkylamipylethyldimonium ethosulfate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, c11-15 pareth-7, cetyl alcohol, laureth-9, peg-8, sodium polyacrylate, trideceth-12, butylene glycol, citric acid, disodium edta, isopropyl alcohol, dmdm hydantoin, idodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance.