NYX Harmonica

2.9

on 9/14/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful frosty pastel pink color. Looks really nice on tanned skin. However it is not long lasting and the formula is just way too bad.

on 4/8/2014 3:35:00 PM

Like a lot of others, I didn't buy this to wear alone. I bought it to tone down another brand in Black Cherry that was beautiful but much too dark and 'gothish' for me. It does a wonderful job of lightening too-dark lipsticks, but probably would wear it by itself. If you have it and don't like it, try pairing with a dark color--it brightens and lightens it, adds just a touch of shimmer.

on 1/12/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Im liking this lipstick and my skin is carmel tan so its nice to blend with a dark smoky soft eye look....plus its a good winter color to brighten my face up...and to tone down the frost a bit i layer mac dazzleglass in sugarrimmed over this....i think some women that hate it..are over gliding it on..just put a a touch on your lips for a bright face but soft effect....it might work better and use a soft pink liner like mac Soar.

on 11/19/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The reason i gave this an overall rating of 2 not 1 is that i use it for another purpose. I have dark skin so this color makes me look like nicki minaj and snookie all at once. I was very disappointed with the color, on the website it looked soooo much better and more warmer.
Instead of giving it away after the first 5 min i thought i would use it to PLUM my lips, and it works very well. I take a lip brush and take some product and with small strokes applied it to my cupids bow and the middle part of my my upper and lower part of my lips, blend it well.
Apply a sheer lipstick and VOILA! Your lips look like Angelina Jolie's!
I use it only in special occasions thought or when im in a special mood and want to get crazy(rare)

on 8/24/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I didn't like this lipstick at all. I really wanted to and it looked pretty on the website and I like the three other nyx round lipsticks I own (snow white, milan, and apollo). This color just isn't flattering on my skin tone(cool, pale), and I can't imagine which skin tone it would look good on. It looks a little silvery on me. The texture is pretty good, it's creamy and it applies well. Overall this was a bummer, I might wear a darker pink and just put a dab of this on the middle.

on 2/22/2012 6:23:00 PM

Nothing to rave about. It's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Yes its super frosty, but it can still look cute with smokey eye. Or you can wear a nude color as a base and use this to highlight. It was SUPER cheap so nothing to complain about. I wear it to work once in a while and I have gotten compliments.

on 12/4/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The worst NYX lipstick I own (I have about 10). Its a super frosty cool toned pink. Looks like a pastel metallic color out of a children's color box. Idk which-if any skintones could pull this off so beware. Also, rule of thumb with NYX lippies none of the bloggers swatches or MUA images are quite accurate, so keep your receipt & find them at an ULTA (only use cherryculture to restock your tested true favs)

on 8/17/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i didnt know this was a frosty shade when i ordered it or i wouldnt have gotten it (online swatches are terrible). im not dissing ALL of the nyx lipsticks though, because they do have some great colors, but harmonica isnt one of them.
pale, frosty lipsticks = dull skin & yellow teeth. end of story. not only did the color not match the color of the stick when applied, but my lips looked like a straight up disco ball. no matter how light/heavy i applied it, it was just ugly.
i held on to it for some reason but i hear the garbage calling its name.

on 8/11/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I don't know what possessed me to buy this shade, but since I only got it for $2 I'm not complaining. Its a VERY frosty baby pink. The formula is creamy and pigmented as all the NYX round lipsticks I've tried, but the shade just does not suit my olive skin tone. However, top it off with a TINY bit of NYX's Mega Shine lip gloss in Natural, and you get yourself a very wearable neutral pink.

on 8/9/2011 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Two word summation: PURE FROST.
See my review of NYX Thalia for a more thorough review of the lipstick in general. In brief, NYX round lipstick really is perfect. Creamy, lovely, smooth, long-wearing without drying, cheap, weightless, wonderful. As far as Harmonica goes, this baby pink is too cool and looks frosty on me. It is a little better with gloss on top, but not enough to make it worthwhile. I love these lipsticks, just Harmonica as a color didn't do it for me.

Popular Lipsticks