Mary Kay Lagoon Duet

on 1/19/2011 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This color is junt not for me... I like application and staying but... I don't feel it complimenmts my skin NC35... I have to add brighter shades of blu to make it work. Not too bad after all. I won't buy again because this edition on ES was discontinued

on 8/6/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Well, the dark blue side of this isnt as bright as I hoped for, and its a different color on the skin then in the pan. the other side is alright. Its a pretty color....but the pay off is bad.

on 5/17/2008 5:48:00 AM

This is from the Signature Line (the semi-oval shaped shadows that fit into the platinum compact.)

Lagoon is a duet--having two colors, a bluish silver rather like MAC's Rondelle, and a navy blue shimmer. The colors are muted and not garish. The texture is smooth. The color payoff is medium, meaning you will not get a very dark navy unless you really layer on the shadow. I wear it with crystalline, a slightly pinkish white shimmer and hazelnut, a neutral brown like MAC Cork. It is very pretty and makes dark brown or dark green eyes pop.

It doesn't go on dark if wet, you really have to get the color on the brush. If you want a dark, smokey but not garish color, this muted grayed navy is really wonderful. They are discontinuing the Signature line (mistake!) for a new squarish palette, so you can get these very inexpensively on Ebay. Without the palette, they have a sliding plastic cover.