October 25, 2014 | 1355 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Anti Acne Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bumblevi

I have been developing mild adult acne, so I decided to add this to my routine. Because it has salicylic acid, I was hoping it would help unclog my pores. It has a clear consistency and is sticky, so I only used it at night. After several weeks, I noticed no difference. It didn't help my skin, but it didn't cause any more breakouts either. I don't think it is strong enough for my particular level of acne. Maybe this would would work on someone with very mild occasional acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this product has such bad reviews. This has been a Godsend for me. I've been wearing this product to bed at night since it first was introduced to the public and it's really helped with my breakouts. In fact, since Shiseido discontinued my favorite toner (with salacylic acid) I've been lucky enough to rely on just this product at night, and my face wash in the AM and PM.
Tip: When you run out, just cut the bottle open to get out any remaining product, there's usually still a lot in there, that can last you an extra week or so.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This didn't really do anything for me. Easy to apply, mess-free, invisible once on, and no problems applying makeup over it... but it didn't clear up my spots (jawline and chest area). It didn't really cause any either, but I'd rather spend money on something I can see a difference with.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ccede

I already follow a pretty strict face regime with a couple of Mario Badescu products. I recently added this to my arsenal. Although I don't break out as often as I used to, I do get small bumps on my cheeks and sometimes on my chin and forehead (which I think is because of my MUFE primer or powder..can't figure it out). I use this at night. At first, I applied a lot because I was a bit doubtful of it working well. Now, I just apply a thin layer over a bit of benzoyl peroxide on acne-prone areas. I haven't broken out and have noticed that some small bumps have completely disappeared and never made it to become pimples. This was a huge relief because I get super annoyed when I treat a small bump and it still comes to the surface. I believe this works, but you have to give it time and perhaps combine it with another acne medication.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is not strong/efficient enough to keep my acne at bay. In addition to the product being so/so, after a few uses, the print on the bottle starts to disintegrate which is gross and inconvenient. This is due to a few squeezes on the hard, little bottle. The texture is greasy. You also do not get much product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how anyone uses this. It's so thick & sticky it's disgusting. I literally used it once & never touched it again. It was so difficult to apply from the consistency. I hated it from the start.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This did nothing for my skin at all. I used it for several weeks, it was very sticky and just sat on top of my skin instead of penetrating into it. I love Mario Badescu's other products but this was one just did not give any results good or bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by clarefromcali99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really bad chin acne that started flaring up when I was in my mid-20s. I think it's hormone-related or possibly stemming from diet (when I was in the hospital for several days, I ate/drank nothing but ice and didn't get a chance to wash my face and never had a single zit). Anyway, this product, along with Aveeno's facial wash, really keeps my acne at bay. I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by priscillaaa

It does work for me, HOWEVER, it breaks me out even more at first.

I tested this product out on my forehead one night because I had a few tiny pimples, the next morning I had even more!
I kept using it consistently and then my pimples started to go away.

So I think this takes time for you skin to get used to.. but it happens every time.

Sometimes I don't use it for a week or two, and pick it back up, and the whole cycle starts again.

It was a waste of my $20!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by votedugliestboy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the type of product you must include in a consistent skin regimen.

The serum is gel-like in consistency and the glycerin base retains moisture in sensitive, dehydrated skin...yay! It takes a few days to see the difference. The drying mask and healing and soothing mask are the best compliment, alongside their staple drying lotion. So far...less blackheads, breakouts stopped in their tracks, and random keratin plugs falling off throughout the day :)

I recommend you find a professional to assess your skin. The ladies at my local ULTA confirmed what the Mario Badescu staff had recommended to me. After trying some samples (which lasted me a couple weeks), I decided to buy. I was afraid to try some thing out because a few items contain alcohol. I have not experienced sensitivity with any of the products. They have literally given me back my 16 year old complexion everyone used to rave about