August 23, 2014 | 1155 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Slikit Cordless Straightener

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I saw this cordless straightener on HQHair.com and searched in vain for a review on MUA. Eventually I decided to take the plunge and bought it anyway. I would have preferred a recommendation, since they weren't cheap, at 89.50.
I wanted something I could use when I was away from home and didn't have access to an electricity supply. You charge these up with the charger supplied then it says you get 60 minutes per charge. I haven't used them as much as that yet so can't comment on that. I have probably used them about 20 minutes in all and they still seem fine.
As straighteners they are ok but not outstanding. For anyone with lots of hair or very thick hair they might not cut the mustard since the actual hot plates aren't very big and it can get a bit fiddly. I don't find this too problematic since I have very thin fine hair and I only straighten the odd bit here and there when it doesn't do what I want it to. You'd have a problem doing an entire head with these but that's not really what they're designed for since they are meant to keep in your handbag.
They came with two black pouches to keep them in. I'm not sure why there were 2 - they're not exactly the same but then they're not significantly different either, they just close a slightly different way. (I suspect it was a mistake).
They are quite light and portable and on the whole I am pleased with them. My main complaint is that the instructions for use are extremely complicated. There's a button A and a button B and you're supposed to do press them differently to get them on/off/temperature up/temperature down/Celcius or Fahrenheit etc. I think the instructions may be translated from another language and eventually I gave up and now I just press the buttons at random until they do what I want them to! So if you're very particular about the temperature you use then these aren't for you.