December 21, 2014 | 1910 users online

Powder - Joelle Mineral Cosmetics

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Torree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best make up i have ever used! I purchased it a few years back and i liked it, but for some reason i went back to using mac studio fix liquid. But recently i have found that my oily/acne prone skin needed something lighter! So i went back to mineralglitters.com and i purchased samples of mineral liquid in medium beige (i am a nc 40-42 in mac) and also the mineral loose foundation in medium beige, i received the samples today and i tried them on and i fell in love all over again, i do not know why i stopped using these products. The mineral loose foundation alone gives a medium coverage, but if you have acne scars like a i do then the mineral liquid along with a light touch of loose powder will do wonders for you ! And also the ingredients in this make up is amazing. I will never use other products again.

Also the prices!!!! The liquid is 10$ and the powder is 10$. The samples were 3$ a piece. I suggest you purchase samples first, because there are no returns. 10 $ for foundation beats 24$ anyday! And the outcome is amazing. Trust me do not hesitate to purchase this make up , if you are looking for full coverage but with the light natural appearance.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

I have to update my review because the makeup as well as the service has changed dramatically for this Joelle Cosmetics or Mymineralglitters company. Have been their loyal customer in the past 7 years but they have changed their formulas. They started adding a bunch of processed foods fillers into their cosmetics that I wasn't aware of. I ended up breaking out with HUGE painful cysts that I never had before started using their new reinvented formulas. The newer formulas probably started sometime in 2013 has a dirty muddy look on the skin. I contacted them several times but I got no response. After purchasing and never received my item, they simply couldn't help with my lost package. I decided to give this company one more try because I used to be such a loyal fan, and reordered again. The new products arrived with totally different formulas and weird color. I will never purchase anything from this company again. I contacted them again, but still no responses. Very poor customer service for losing my items and never respond with any help.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the 5 star reviews here. I've been looking to replace my everydaymineral brand mineral powder since that company had changed their formulation(i don't know why, it was perfect) and i was hoping Joelle would be it since they both used minimal ingredients. But they are completely different. To start with, Joelle has only 5 shades. I ordered med. beige but shade was a little pink and too dark. And after a couple of hours, it got cakey and i applied with a fairly light hand. You could see the makeup separating on my face. The only good thing about Joelle is that it is cheap but in the end isn't worth it if it ends up in the garbage.

I'm going to try Lauress next. They have a ton of shades and samples are only $1.50. So the search begins again.....

UPDATE 2/27/13: So i rec'd my samples from Lauress (Minimalist line) and they are GREAT! They have an abundance of believable skin shades, i really liked Pure Honey and Soft Gold. And compared to joelle's med. beige, joelle was a hideous ORANGE. I don't have the separating problem w Lauress later in the day as well. Found my new mineral makeup finally!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by heavenleigh3

I love this company's products. They are all natural and gluten free. They go on flawless and are non-irrating. I have never had a primer and mineral foundation cover my large pores like Joelle's. This is the best makeup and skin care that I have ever bought. I will never stop using these products!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never used this term on any reviews here yet, but... HG! Love this foundation. So much better than BE, and so much cheaper! I have insanely sensitive, acne-prone combo skin (majorly oily in some places, majorly dry in others), and this stuff is the greatest! To the reviewer below (and everyone else), if you think they don't have enough shades, they actually sell lighteners and darkeners for like $1.50 a piece. I have very fair skin, and I buy the lightener, which is a pure white powder, and mix it with my mineral foundation in order to get my perfect shade! It's AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by emily2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***My HG!!! I have used every mineral makeup on the market!! This is by far the BEST mineral makeup I have used!!! It goes on flawlessly, makes my face look healthy with a glow. I get sooo many compliments on how my complexion looks so nice. BE and Pur didn't look as good on my skin as Joelle does. I only use one layer and it looks flawless. This color Fair is perfect for my porcelain skin and I have had a hard time with other products being too pink for my skin. This doesn't cake like BE does and doesn't feel like chalk on my skin like Pur does. I have used most all of the products- foundation, veil, blush, bronzer, eye shadow, concealer, mascara, perfume, and lipstick. I have always been happy with all of the products! I am a teacher, and I am constantly running around on my feet all day, and it looks just as good at the end of the day as I put it on in the morning! I have acne prone skin and this makes my skin have No breakouts, like I have in the past with other foundations. So happy to have found a natural product that works for my skin! Thank you Joelle!!!***

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by HelloKitty8698

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation. I have sensitive, acne prone skin that is oily and I have tried tons of different foundations from Clinique to Lancome, etc and everything looked too cakey, greasy, or just plain old broke me out. I've been using this for about 3 years now and it has improved the quality of my skin. It is more of a light to medium coverage foundation but it is buildable. I've worn it without any primer or setting spray and it lasts pretty well into the evening for me. I use everything in their collection for the face, except their brushes (I'm loyal to Everyday Minerals Brushes). It would be nice if they had a few more foundation color selections (they only have about 6 I believe) so that you wouldn't have to buy more than one to mix it on your own but other than I LOOOOVE Joelle Minerals!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, my skincare routine is pretty excellent - I use the Clarisonic and gentle cleasner, DDF Moisturizing dew, some spot treatment and Milk of Magnesia as a toner (see that review) and was still was getting breakouts, even though they healed very quickly. A friend asked what makeup I use and I told her Bare Minerals, and she said, no, get rid of it, the bismuth oxychloride is arsenic and your skin can't breathe. So, I was almost out of BM anyway and ordered this (love the free shipping btw!). I love this so much better! Not as shiny (just a natural glow that skin has, so it looks like SKIN, not makeup), I haven't gotten new breakouts, my skin is clearing up. I'm not saying it's a miracle product (my skincare routine is excellent, after all) but for less than half the price of BM and working much better this is my HG foundation for sure. Oh, and has SPF 20 :) Try it, it gives you more product than BM for only $10 and if you're not sure what shade you are get a kit; those are cheap too.
EDIT: I stopped using it b/c I was still breaking out some. It was hard, b/c I'm self-conscious about my skin, but after a few weeks my skin cleared up and now I'm not wearing any foundation at all (although I'd like some to cover the acne scars while I wait for them to heal :P)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

AKA MyMineralGlitters.com. Search both names for complete reviews.

I found this brand after researching mineral foundations and trying to find any that were bismuth oxychloride free (in addition to all the other nasty ingredients found in most MF) w/out having to go into debt. Thanks to MUA and epinions and a few other tools, I found 2 that got great reviews (for product quality, price and customer service). Everyday Minerals (which I also love) and this one - Joelle Mineral Cosmetics. Apparently, this used to be known as Mineral Glitters. I ordered the small kit from her website (2 foundations, primer, bronzer, blush and veil) and it came w/ a large and a small kabuki brush and a free eyeliner. I believe I paid like $20 inc s/h. Love the products except for the kabuki brushes - very scratchy. The foundations - I got 2 colors, fair and lite. I mix them together and they match my very fair skin perfectly. As I get a bit tanner in the summer, will decrease the light and use more fair. The primer is lovely, smooth, makes my skin velvety and no breakouts, but while wonderful, personally, my skin doesn't need it if I have moisturized. Would work well for folks who have had no luck w/ MF due to settleing in fine lines - this stuff seems to take those away.

The MF has wonderful, smooth, easily buildable coverage, lasts all day, looks great. Really - performs just as well as EM, so it's nice to have options. The blush is just as nice. Highly pigmented -just a little bit provides a lot of color. (my fault I picked the wrong color, but o well). I have not yet used the bronzer. The veil is fabulous and I use it w/ my EM too (got the EM sample kit after getting Joelle just for comparison's sake).

I can't say enuf good things about this product! Its nice to have 2 great MF companies from which to choose.