August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eye Shadow - Kat Von D - Beethoven palette

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice palette. Not the best I've ever tried..I used it once and created a beautiful smokey eye. The one thing I noticed when using this palette is the colors if over- blended can look a bit muddy. After I did the look I added a touch of glitter cream on the lid and inner corners of the eye and the look really stood out. I think this palette is good for seasoned eyeshadow wearers. If you are a newbie you will be lost with this palette. It is not bad just takes a bit of practice getting the look right. I recommend but would not rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

As much as it pains me because I LOVE Kat Von D's True Romance Palette in Saint and Ludwig I have to give this True Romance Palette in Beethoven a more negative review. The colors in the palette look stunning, however, no matter what kind of brush I use to apply these they end up looking dull and muddy on my eyes. A sponge applicator seems to work the best but the matte black shadow still gets EVERYWHERE on my face and in the palette and the other shadows seem equally as dry and powder up like mad even when you only swipe them once or twice. Not sure what kind of formula was used in these shadows because it seems different from the formula they're using now. I've had this palette for a year now and have used it from time to time but at this point almost feel like giving it up for swap because maybe someone else with have more luck with it....

I agree with the reviewer below....wanted to love it, just can't make it work for me!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

I have this palette i bought a year ago.

It now sounds like i made kinda of a bad decision. The powder for me isn't working. I have a hard time applying the darker colors and usually end up with a messy black mess. I really do love doing the smokey eyes and on my sister is looks fantastic, but sometimes...idk.

I really want to love it...but I only use Tequila and leather frequently. The other colors just don't appeal to me that much on my eyelid. I keep going back every so often to try to love the colors but I end up upset with the results.

However, the packaging and mirror itself are amazing. I never use the small brushes they provide and usually toss them away when I open my palette for the first time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I prefer UD naked anyday, the shadows are too powdery and cheap, the palette looks lovely with the tattoo etching but just isn't for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've yet to meet a Kat Von D e/s palette I didn't like, and this is no exception. All the colors are very pigmented, smoothly textured, and longwearing. The price is very fair for the amount and quality of the product. The packaging is so luxurious, I love the design! The only reason I give this 4 instead of 5 is I don't think the colors are coordinated as well as they could be. Tequalia (frosty yellow) and Leather (matte brown) are warm neutral shades that are also in the Ludwig palette, but don't fit in nearly as well here. I would've preferred if they put in some more colorful shades in keeping with the theme of the palette. But other than that I'm very happy with this & would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSaunders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite product ever. I love love love every single color in this palette. They're amazing. I even use Lucifer to fill in my eyebrows and it stays on all day. Even after a spinning class! :) I hope it never gets discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by egagnondrolet

First off I heart Kat. Love her makeup, her style, her show love love love.

What I don't love...her makeup line. When I first received this palette as a gift from a gf I was thrilled. The packaging was beautiful and when I opened it, the colors were unreal.

When I went to use these vibrant shadows I found that a lot of the product fell of my brush and wouldn't stick to my eyelid. The run off was unacceptable, and furthermore it took A LOT of application to get anywhere near the desired color and effect. After a few hours of wear, I needed a complete touch up.

Every once in a while I find myself going back to said palette in hopes that maybe this time it will be different, only to be disapointed all over again.

Oh well, still love you Kat :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mallcoremotion

I have this palette and Ludwig, which I use interchangeably, though this one far more often. I'm not going to lie, I think I got these as a gift not long after they came out in stores. I haven't used them enough, nor have I the money to replace them.
Anyway, on to the palette. I love the colors in this collection, the yellow "cornsilk" color is kind of terrible, I use it a little as a highlight at the inner corner of my eye, but not really.
I use the purples constantly... I don't remember the names for the individual colors, but the darkest purple the shade next to it are beautiful. The darker one is very glittery, while the next shade down is almost metallic. I use all of the colors often as eyeliner and they glide really well.
The brushes the palettes come with are next to useless. I tried using them for a while and gave up because they're awkward and work for lining at best.
I'm not in love with the packaging because I had both of my pallets sitting flat in my makeup bag. I discovered in Ludwig that the black color broke leaving a nightmare in its wake. It was awful, it was on everything. It's extremely potent, I've never had a black shadow being so dense in color. I noticed after a while, the coating on the package seems to be bubbling, especially where the silver design is. I'm not sure what happened to cause this. I had to take them out of the bag and left them on my desk and realized that the other palette was starting to bubble... There was nothing on it. Oh well, it doesn't effect what's on the inside, its just kind of ugly and weird.
The price isn't bad for what it is, though I wish I could buy the colors individually since I don't need multiple palettes with repeating colors. In this case, I think I have 3 of the same color in both.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colors in this palette are beautiful and vibrant. You can do so many looks with this. The shadows apply smoothly and blend effortlessly. I do have a problem with fallout and creasing. The creasing is easily taken care of with a good primer. All in all, a great palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

Really great shadows of purples and blues. More for nightime wear. Pigmented, buttery soft and dream to apply. Quality make up for less. A definite must have. I love this better than some of my Stila and Tarte palettes.