November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Hair Treatments - Organic Neem Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ksheehy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS AMAZING! I have cystic acne and oily skin. It stops eruptions in its tracks. It prevents breakouts from happening. This is the ONLY thing thats ever worked for me. I use it all day every day. I wash my face with tea tree soap. The combo is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by hostility

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for a couple different things, so here are my thoughts on each~

Makeup remover: Worked decently enough and got rid of all of my makeup, but rubbing this stuff near my nose ended with me being able to randomly smell it through the day no matter how well I rinsed it off. Not great, so I went back to my makeup wipes for this.

Spot-treatment: Great! I use this as my overnight treatment for spots as I don't want to smell of it during the day. I find it's a nice sidekick for my tea tree oil as using that stuff too often can cause a lot of dryness or mild burns. This seems to do the same thing and helps heal skin but is moisturising instead, with the trade-off being the strong smell.

Hair growth: Again, great. After reading another review I decided to try this on my eyelashes and brows to help them grow as I compulsively pull them out so they need all the help they can get. I just rub a little over the areas and leave it overnight and I swear they are growing back way faster than usual.

A surprise knock-on effect of the above: I had two chalazions on my left eye leftover from styes I had a long time ago, at least a few years each. I'd tried hot compresses, cold compresses, salt, massages, etc. and they weren't going anywhere so I'd learnt to live with them. Surprisingly after applying this stuff on my eyelashes for a week or two they had magically disappeared!! Maybe this was some crazy coincidence, but I'm putting it down to this stuff. Even if it was awful for the other uses I would give it 5 lippies for this alone :)

Also, to mention the obvious: this stuff smells strong. I think a lot of the negative reviews are down to this which is a shame because a lot of people don't seem to be giving it a fair chance and are putting others off. IMO if you get good results I think this is worth putting up with, so please don't be discouraged from trying it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Neem oil and neem powder are a step too far in natural skincare and haircare. I am not particularly sensitive to smells - hell, I really like Amla and I can tolerate Shikakai - but Neem is something else. I would never dream of saying something so revered by many 'reeks' or 'stinks' as that's just plain rude. But it's true that the smell is not pleasant. Instead of applying it to your skin or hair neat try using it combined with other ingredients or try taking Neem capsules. I've been taking them for a while now whenever I feel under the weather and they really help.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by darlingfee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read about this stuff on the internet and decided to give it a try. I was desperate at the time I would nearly try anything! I went through a pretty bad hormonal change (this is what I assume) which caused my cheeks to break out in acne cysts. I've never been one to break out, here and there during my menstrual cycle, so when I was breaking out on both sides of my cheeks, I freaked!
I bought this stuff at the health food store in my town for under 10$. Once I felt or even spotted a red mark on my face that looked like it was going to grow into an awful cyst, I would put this stuff on face. And by morning, it literally seemed like it stopped it in it's tracks from forming into a cyst that would typically last for weeks! In conjunction of using the neem seed oil, I also use ACV as a toner. Together, it works perfect!!! I haven't formed any new cystic acne. I believe ACV helped a lot. I think, in order for Neem seed oil to work it's best, you should use it as soon as you feel or see a pimple coming. As for the smell, it's not great at all, but it's not HALF as bad as a lot of people on here are writing. It's really worth a try!
Here are some suggestions of products I use that leave my skin CLEAR, soft, and youthful looking.
1. I wash my face with Pure Castile Oil with Lavender
2. Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner
3. Coco butter for the light scars I have left from past acne
4. Rose Hip Oil
Please do your research on all these products. I believe in organic, natural products. ESPECIALLY when it comes to your face! Too many products have tons of ingredients that are very harsh. Since I've been using this regimen, I haven't broke out. Not even the normal hormonal pimples I get during or close to my monthly cycle. GOOD LUCK ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

whoa. shrunk my cystic acne in 4 days. i use neal's yard. it smells awful, but the scent fades within minutes. i mix in a drop or two with my moisturizer every morning and right before bed and i've noticed my acne scars and discoloration fading really quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by snicerska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is great :-) it's smeels not good, but it really works! I just have used it for 3 weeks but my skin looks better and much more healthy. My combination skin looks more normal, I have less pores and acne. I don't like fragrance of this product but I'm going continue using this oil. I used 2 drops jojoba oil and 2 drops neem oil with wet cosmetic pad- it's the bets way for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this from Whole Foods. It's a brand called Alaffia and they had it available in a pot for $6 or in a dropper bottle. The dropper bottle might be more hygenic, but this oil is a solid so it might be a hassle to melt it.

First, the scent. I honestly don't find it to be bad at all. If it wasn't for everyone describing it in such colorful ways, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. It smells mildly like peanut butter if you use a little. If you use a lot it smells like peanut and garlic/onions. You can smell the sample at Whole Foods if you are that concerned about it.

I have heard it makes a good spot treatment. I put it on and.... nothing happens. Next I plan to use it as an all over moisturizer, so I will update this review later.

UPDATE: I have been using this as an all-over moisturizer and it works well. Keeps my skin hydrated. The anti-bacterial properties may be helping as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by 1m083n

i didn't know whether to write this under unlisted brand, because the bottle i have is by 'Pukka'. Also, because it's not GOW i don't know if anyone will ever read this review either...
However, my experience with Neem oil.
I could not and would not use this as a facial moisturiser, it smells quite offensively, but it really does WONDERS for older skin. My mother is almost 60, people think she is 30 and she mixes a drop of this with her Argan oil and it just plumps out her wrinkles dramatically, better than creme de la mer, elizabeth arden and any other type of oil we've got our hands on.
On me, apart from really not wanting to smell like the inside of a belly button at uni and the fact i find it actually does cause acne on random places of my face where i don't usually break out (did a spot test of it to see if Neem was the cause, alas, it was). The REAL MIRACLE of this diamond deep in the rough is its ability to grow eyelashes. A lot of them, very very quickly. Genuinely hurts like a mofo if it gets in your eyes, so use it sparingly along the lash line before going to bed.
I have trichotillomania really terribly so just tear out my lashes and eyebrows from the root, however, using neem oil grows them back better, fuller, stronger and in a vast quantity more! I cannot believe it, truly gods gift to the world. Will use it if i happen to stray north to my eyebrows ever, although it will give me spots around the brow...price i will pay for hair.

So, in conclusion, great for older skin, bad for acne prone skin, FANTASTIC FOR EYELASH GROWTH.
Never ever, will i be without this.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by heiress33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst thing about this product is that it smells like shit! I am one of those people who is pretty sensitive to most smells. I feel nautious and dizzy when I smell something different or bad. But this oil was the worst. I have been suffering from hair fall for quite some time now and I read reviews that this product is effective in treating hair loss so I went out to my local health food store and bought myself a tiny bottle. I put it all over my scalp before going to sleep and let me tell you something...I COULDN'T SLEEP!! the stench was so bad I had to start smelling a bottle of nail polish to make me feel better! I was tossing and turning all night and felt extremely nautious but I couldn't vomit :( anyway I don't think I will ever repurchase this product ever again. Also put some on my face that night and what do you know I had 7..let me repeat 7 new pimples and they were badass pimples as well. Not happy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by hellotammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't normally write reviews but I have only seen rave reviews for neem oil and I couldn't disagree more. I bought Alaffia unrefined neem oil and it came in a little glass tub. The smell of this stuff didn't bother me at all, I come from a Thai background so the garlicky smell was sometimes strangely appetising. Okay, let's get down to the nitty gritty. I was just recovering from a few months of really bad acne and I thought I'd give neem oil a go on some of the spots that were still popping up. I dabbed this on my forehead and nose and went to sleep, the next morning I had 4 new angry red headless pimples on my forehead and whiteheads all around my nose. I was in denial at first, surely the much raved about miracle neem oil couldn't have caused these monstrous zits on my face. But I continued to apply it to my pimples for the next two nights and sure enough, my face was a mess of cystic acne and whiteheads. I had just recovered from my last acne outbreak and this terrible oil had undone all my hard work and broke me out even worse than before! I will NEVER purchase this again. I have the whole tub of neem oil left but I only purchased it for around $5 so I won't feel bad at all for throwing it out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No