April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Concealers - Kanebo - LUNASOL Under Eyes Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Received this in the lightest shade as a GWP and felt very lucky because it works very well. Under eye concealers for the most part are too drying for me, including the famed Laura Mercier one, but this is perfect. It comes in a tube like a lip gloss and has a brush applicator. Compared to concealers that come in a pot, this gives you much greater control over how much product you pick up, as you never want to pick up too much. A little goes a long way. The color match is perfect, the coverage is fantastic, and it's easy to blend. No complaints, really.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by icie

In my ever quest for a concealer for my severe dark circles, I had high hopes for Lunasol, after reading several reviews. However, I find the consistency too liquid-y and thin, therefore the coverage isn't great. The color matches my skinstone indoor and under cloudy sky, but somehow under the sun, it appears darker and orange-y...
Bear in mind though, since I live in tropical climate, the consistency might appear to be more moist here.
Too bad my local vendor doesn't allow return for the product... To make some use of it, I pair it with Maybelline pure mineral concealer for thicker consistency and better staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by mango65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Lunasol product, and my first concealor (so honestly I don't know much!) But still, here's my two cents.

This concealor has a fluid, consistent texture. Blending into bare skin is effortless, slightly more difficult on powdered skin. The effect is luminous and natural, but on the flipside coverage is light. Light circles and small pimples are fine, but it doesn't do a good job of covering redness. Green-based concealors are probably better for pimples.

As with all concealors, this will leave a thick pasty patch of colour if applied heavily. Use a very light finger to dab it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pricey but SO worth it. I don't have very bad eye circles (just during exam time or when I have to work late), and this one covers them up completely. It contains light-reflecting particles, so it brightens my eyes beautifully too. I use this on the corners of my nose too, to brighten that part and conceal redness. The texture is just amazing. It's much better than the famed Shu Uemura Mark Cealer, which has a strange tendency to sink into fine lines, and is as good as Chanel's Eclat Lumiere - very similar concealing/brightening etc properties, lasts much longer and is cheaper.
The Under Eyes Base is not the cheapest concealer out there, but I'd say it's worth shelling out for this one. I mean, come on, it's Eclat Lumiere in a cheaper form! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I am suprised by the negative review for this product. I have pretty intense dark undereye circles, and though this product doesn't cover up all the color, it does reduce the darkness by 90 percent. I also am prone to red splotches on my cheeks, and this concealer does a nice job covering up any unwanted redness that I may have. I never leave the house without an application of this base first.

One negative, however, I have have noticed that as I am nearing the last bit of the product, it is becoming more runny than before. I am not sure if this is a problem with the concealer itself, or the fact that I don't keep the product refriderated and the past few weeks have been really hot in my room during the day. Over all, though, I am still happy with the coverage that I get from the base.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by since2009

I have tried many concealers out there, and this one by far is my fav!

It has a very light consistency (not creamy at all) but it covers really well, no need to use a separate "corrector" prior to application and it is not so creamy that it sinks right into those under eye fine lines (e.g. bobbie brown, chantecaille), so that's a really big plus for me.

It does take a little more time to pat down for a even coverage, but once done it's like it's not even there.

Plus I found a really good colour match for my skin tone, well I only give it 4 because I'm still holding out for the ultimate concealer and I'm very pleased that I can always count on this one to save my worst days and it's very affordable too~

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

This concealer is really a shame! That was very surprising for me, as I really like Lunasol's lipsticks, eye-shadows and lip pensils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lunasol is a high-end brand by Japanese cosmetics giant Kanebo. It has become one of my favorite brands (I used to ignore it until last year or so) and I have accumulated quite a stash of Lunasol items.

When I saw on the Lunasol website that their Under Eyes Base comes now in a very light shade (00) I decided to get it because I always have troubles finding under eye concealers light enough and even though I love my Maquillage Concealer Liquid I am always on the hunt for something that might be better =P (the MQ one is REALLY REALLY good and still my favorite!).
Well, I am disappointed. The color match is good and the coverage is good, too. The problem is that the concealer spreads so unevenly and hard. I seriously pat it into the area below my eyes for a good 3-4 mins but the concealer is just not smooth. I expected a super creamy blendable formula for such a good brand. But what a let-down!

Lunasol claims that their Under Eyes Base retains moisture in your skin and prevents dryness but I don't feel any quality like this when I wear it!
Under Eyes Base retails for 3150 Yen (about US$30) and I honestly believe it's not worth that. It comes in a small tube with a doe-foot applicator (like lip gloss)
There is no fragrance in this product and I have no problems with irritations or allergies when wearing it.
I am a PPP/NW15/Lunasol OC-01/KateOC-A/MQ OC-00 with brown eyes. I used shade 00 in the Under Eyes base and the lighter color of the Maquillage Liquid Concealer (Light Beige).

Here is what Lunasol says about this product:
"This is an upgraded version of our under-eye concealer, which naturally hides dark circles and dullness.
#00 is a new addition to the range. It provides a highlighting effect together with improved coverage and moisture retention for the skin under your eyes.
This succulent liquid-type concealer has a light texture that blends well with your skin.
It retains moisture for hours, so that lines and bumps won’t show.
The light-diffusing effect imparts a smooth radiance to your skin and also gives your eyes a bright appearance.
Contains treatment ingredients to prevent dryness during the day." continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No