December 21, 2014 | 1790 users online

Eye Shadow - Pur Minerals - Mineral Shadow in Burgundy Malachite

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased at Hautelook, this is not a color I'd normally be attracted to. I'm fascinated by duo chrome eyeshadows, which this clearly is, yet this is tastefully executed. I love burgundy eyeshadow but have had a hard time pulling them off without my eye looking bruised. Because of the green shimmer the bruised effect is minimized. I like the quality of this shadow and use Lorac Transformer to liquify for eyeliner application. A lovely alternative to brown or deep gray. For a smokey eye this color works well with black or deep brown. I have paired this with bronze and received many compliments. Would be stunning against olive skintones and green eyes. One lippie taken off as this had creased on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this free with my purchase from purminerals.com. I had never tried their eyeshadows before but I gotta say I love it. This color is so unique and while it doesn't look like much in the pan, once it's on it's so pretty. On me, I was surprised it shows up almost an iridescent smokey, purple-y brown. I used it as my crease shadow today. I put it on at 7 am this morning (disclosure: I did use Urban Decay Primer Potion...oily eyelids=this is a must with ALL eye makeup) and it's 5:45 pm now and it still looks perfect. No creasing, the color is still dark. Very happy and plan to try more of Pur's eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I am really impressed by the Pur Minerals eyeshadows, and I intend to pick up a few more of these. Burgundy Malachite= MAC Club eyeshadow; only Pur Minerals e/s are $2 cheaper (for now, anyway). For anyone not familiar w/ MAC Club- or anything "MAC" for that matter- MAC Club & Burgundy Malachite look like a smoky, brownish-green in the pan... but once applied, it takes on a more of a burgundy-brown look with a slight sheen. Sounds ugly... I know... but it's really quite beautiful! What I like about the Pur Minerals eyeshadows is that they apply and blend beautifully, and they seem to melt into my lids as the day goes on and- instead of creasing- they take on a nice, subtle shimmer. I don't notice much fading, and these shadows last all day on me without creasing. I am really impressed by these eyeshadows! So far, I only have two (this one and Vanilla Feldspar), but they both perform similarly, and they happen to look great together. So far, I have only seen this brand online and in ULTA stores... but when I get a chance to hit ULTA again... you can bet I'll be picking up a few more Pur Minerals eyeshadows. They really are of excellent quality!