September 15, 2014 | 1768 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - WetSlicks Amazemint

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this lip gloss! It smells pleasantly of Crest, hence the "mint" in Amazemint, with a slightly sweeter twist. This was one of the first lip glosses i started using as an adult and it's a great one. I have two in Red Riot that add a fantastic barely-there pinkish-red hue to my already pink lips. Depending on the shade you get, it adds a great opaque color to your lips, capable of giving you a more natural look, as oppose to one saturated in color. So if you're looking for a more vivid, concentrated color effect, you might want to pass on this one.

I once wore it to sleep at night when i was out of moisturizing lipbalm and the corners of my lips were slightly chapped. When i woke up, it was to find that it had kept them moisturized and the shiny luster was still there, so it is capable of keeping your lips nice and soft. I find that you don't have to lather the stuff on, because that could cause it to eventually become a somewhat sticky mess that will dry strangely on the lips. A few swipes will do. Of course, because it's not a sticky formula, the average day-time staying power isn't too long and re-applications might be necessary, especially if you eat and drink, but i don't find it a problem since i occasionally get tired of the stickiness in some glosses, and i just deal with it. Anyway, it's great as an everyday lip gloss and nice one to have in the daily lip gloss collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by abigailsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't usually like lipgloss, but I got the blue on a whim and i love it. The sheer blue looks great over my lipstick, and makes my teeth look a tad whiter too. It stays on reasonably long, isn't too sticky and the mint flavor is very refreshing. I'd buy it again and again until they discontinue or I die.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are the perfect ďkissing glossesĒ in my mind. I shall explain why..
****PROS****
--These glosses have the most amazing taste! They taste like peppermint with a slight hint of vanilla! This is perfect, ESPECIALLY for dates/kissing! The minty taste will help freshen your breath (it kind of tastes like you just popped a breath mint, which is a great +), as well as just making your lips taste amazing, and help give your partner better breath too!
--They smell like minty vanilla as well! Delicious!
--These glosses arenít sticky (for glosses). I mean, every gloss is going to be at least a little sticky, but this one isnít as sticky as most I have tried (and sticky glosses are a huge no-no for me in terms of lip products, I hate it! Thatís why I hate all MAC glosses, theyíre all just too damn sticky!) Again, the non-stickiness of these glosses is great for kissing! Nothingís worse than kissing someone with sticky lips and it being all goopy and gross!
--Come in a great selection of colours!
--These glosses tingle (feel minty) and feel slightly cold on your lips! Now for some that can be a huge minus (my mum HATES the minty feeling on your lips that these glosses give you, but I absolutely love it!) If you hate that feeling, than these are not for you as the minty feeling stays on pretty much as long as the glosses stay on Ė there is no way around that minty feeling not even if you wear lipstick underneath this product.
--They are pretty cheap and available from the drugstore
****CONS****
--These glosses have a pretty poor staying power. Thatís probably their biggest minus. This comes back to the fact that theyíre not very sticky. The stickier the gloss, the longer it will last (cause it will stick more to your lips. Makes sense lol). So youíre always going to have to choose between staying power of your gloss, or a very sticky gloss. I choose non sticky but not long staying power any day! Glosses are easy to reapply on the go! You donít need a mirror or anything, theyíre not like lipsticks. Which is why I donít mind the not so long lasting quality of this gloss. I can just reapply it whenever I want, wherever I want!
--Most of them arenít very pigmented! I have a couple that are very pigmented for glosses, but most give a sheer amount of colour. Again, I donít mind this. I donít use glosses to give me a huge amount of colour (I use lipsticks for that). I just use glosses to add some gloss (obviously), and maybe a slight amount of colour (which these glosses do just fine!)
--I donít like the packaging too much, as product can sometimes leak out of the tube (through the little gap between the cap and the actual tube)
****BOTTOM LINE****
I love these glosses! The not good staying power and the low pigmentation donít bother me. I love the way these taste and smell, like I said the perfect date or kissing glosses! They will not be the gloss for you if you want high pigmentation and amazing staying power, though! I will 100% keep repurchasing these! I always carry 1 in my handbag just in case that Ďkissingí opportunity comes up! Absolute love!
*DO try these if: You hate sticky lip glosses, you don't mind re-applying glosses often, you don't mind non-pigmented glosses, you like/don't mind a minty/cold tingly feel on your lips, and you like a minty, almost toothpaste taste.
*DO NOT try these if: You want your gloss to last long, you like a really pigmented lip gloss, you don't like the cold, tingly feeling on your lips, or you don't like a minty taste to your gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Red Riot" will always be my favourite from this line, but "Everything's Rosy" is absolutely gorgeous! It's a medium pink with sheer, silvery sparkles (not frosty though).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pretty much horrible. They are super thin with no staying power. color payoff is not good. got it for $1.00 and want that dollar back. Okay okay I retract (just a little bit). It depends on what you look for in a lipgloss. I prefer thick with great color payoff and staying power some people want slippery, light and sheer. If you prefer the later this may be the gloss for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by voodoochilde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are cheap. Dirt cheap. And they look it.

The packaging, as others have stated, is just awful. These glosses look like something my 7-year-old daughter would get in a play makeup kit. Also, the taste and smell are HORRIBLE, unless you really like toothpaste on your face all day. Texture-wise, they feel like cheap lip glosses, which is okay if you have just eaten and need to put something back on your lips. At least, it would be okay if they didn't taste and smell horrible. These are a waste of money at any price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by elleglam

best lipgloss for me...love the minty feeling, not sticky and has a good smell...great for topping up in a matte lipstick to moisturize lips and leave a cool feeling :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

I have two, slaphappy and red riot. I really like these glosses. The color payoff is really nice and the scent is great. They are a bit sheer though. They feel really fresh and light, not sticky at all. Though I don't think they freshen my breath like they claim. They are just fun, go to glosses. I like sponge tip applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MimiEgg

I really love this lip gloss! Whenever I put it on it makes my lips feel all tingly and if I take in a deep breath, it feels fresh and minty! It smells really good, and it's not too sticky. I got mine in Red Riot and it gives a nice sheer colour. The only problem is that it runs out quickly (but that's because I use it all the time). I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these glosses! They are perfect for everyday looks because the colors are more like tints which are super flattering, I can apply a little and smooth it around and it moisturizes and freshens my lips, plus it's not sticky.

I have about half of the possible shades and will continue to buy more. I haven't found a shade I didn't like!