April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Translucent 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I love this powder! I bought this because of Pixiwoo (youtube) and have been happy with this product. It is very fine and is undetectable on the skin. I once pushed the powder on my skin with the puff and my husband couldn't stop starring. He said my skin looked like a doll. I just stick to using this with a brush to set my foundation. It's been 2 years and I'd say I used it 75% of the time and I still have some left, but it's gone bad so I have to get rid of it. I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Frankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had tried Laura Mercier's translucent powder before this one, and I have to say, I prefer Chanel's. Mainly for the reason that is lasts sooo much longer! It does a nice job setting my make up, and when friends have used mine they have been so impressed they have gone out and bought their own (which says a lot I think). I wouldn't say it's quite perfect, as for me it doesn't last all day and I'm shiny by lunch, but I think that may be because I have quite oily skin at the moment. It's definitely worth a try as you can't hate this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by alka13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG powder, amazing finish, just disappears to the make-up . Would not change for anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Nickydfg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best powder ever. One full ounce will last forever and it has the perfect level of matte and a hint of brightness. Lasts all day. Hi u cannot go wrong w Chanel. I mean really. People who whine about prices should buy product at the dollar store. Grimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great beige undertoned loose powder with a barely detectable luminescence. Works well with my combo skin. The powder comes with a cases chanel smell, which can be irritating for some people. But I am fine with it a gentle swept on the face won't smell heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG loose powder and I have been using this for about 10 years. I love this to bits. Its so fine and smooth. I can't fault it. This is sheer so dont expect coverage. It merely makes your face looks smooth, soft and holds the foundation in place.
One tub will last me a year so $50 is a good investment. I've started all my friends on it and they love it too.
Not much colour selection I must say but it works for me so YAY me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I never thought a powder could make such a difference! Before buying this, I had always used cheap drugstore powders. This Chanel powder looks amazing on top of both my Nars Sheer Glow foundation and my Nars tinted moisturizer! It helps to create an almost "airbrushed," perfect look. I never wear my foundation without this powder. The container is very large, so I have to buy about one a year, which is ok with me. Translucent two looks really natural on my NC20/Nars Deauville/Nars Alaska skin.

I tried the Chanel pressed powder as well, and it was all right, but I didn't notice the perfected look to my skin that I get with the loose powder.

Would I purchase again? Most definitely!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a nice enough product. I wouldn't recommend it for oily skins, however, as it doesn't really do much to control oil breakthrough.

On my normal combination skin, it does a fine job of taking down the shine without making my face look overly matte. It just leaves a nice satin finish. It is invisible once applied. It's very finely milled. I notice a definite difference between this and cheaper powders.

It doesn't last very long, however. After a few hours it does develop a bit of a "glow"-- not obvious, but not completely natural either. I think some people might like it, but I prefer a more natural look.

But the main reason I won't repurchase this is because it irritates my skin. It feels scratchy upon application (and no, it's not my brush that is scratching). I'm not sure what the offending ingredient is. It doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, which is the usual culprit. And within minutes after application, the stinging is gone. Still, I'm just not interested in using a product that doesn't feel good to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very high quality fine-milled powder that is perfect for setting your foundation. I use tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier and Chanel VitaLumiere, so all I need was a powder to set my foundation lightly without being a thick layer of powder foundation. Chanel's Poudre Universelle did just that. As with all things Chanel, there is a light delicate fragrance but it wears off after a few minutes.

If you are looking for full coverage powder foundation, stick with your same old MAC powder as usual. If you are looking for a translucent setting powder to give you a flawless face, this is it. Buy it now and you will love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by PurpleShade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to finally try a Chanel product!! And oh boy how disappointed i was!! It's an ok loose powder i guess BUT i expected so much more from Chanel and for this price!! (in my country it cost about 90 $...)
i wanted a translucent loose powder to set my make-up, the sales lady said so and the packagin as well BUT 1st: it's not translucent (it's kinda beige and made me pale). 2nd: it creases. 3rd: it smudges off (on clothes and guys :) 4th: it stinks (it does have that distinct earthy smell that some powders have, but i never encountered such a stinky one!!)
the powder does come with a cute puff, but you should use a brush instead. The texture is very fine and nice.

went back to Laura Mercier instantly!! Love Laura Mercier, should have never cheated on her :)