October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mhartxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't "de-slick" me. Like, at all. I was shiny again about 2 to 3 hours later. I do have beyond oily skin though, so I gave up on trying to find good oil control products awhile ago. However, despite that this doesn't keep me shine free, I do enjoy this product! It gives my skin a perfect, velvet finish, doesn't enlarge pores, sits beautifully with my bronzer and blushes, and is buildable without being cakey. So, obviously, that's alotta good! Yeah, it doesn't do what it promises, but there's so much good coming out of it that I won't return it. I won't purchase it again, but I will enjoy this until it's gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. The purple, quite heavy packaging with engravings is beautiful and it also has a mirror in the lid, smart! The pad that comes with it is unfortunately useless, it's too thin and stale. Use something else to apply. I usually use a fluffy powder brush. It looks stark white but don't be scared it's transparent and leaves your skin velvet soft. For me, who has an oily t-zone, this is perfect as at setting powder and for touch ups during the day. I feel like it really helps keeping my skin matte. It does not have any smell and the price is ok. It lasts a long time as well! I will always repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ialisita

lovw this powder. for my skin its better than macs blot

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by at900

I am thoroughly impressed with this powder. It definitely decreases the oil on my skin & leaves my makeup looking fresh for longer. I have to say that I would only recommend this to people with oily skin, because if I don't apply lotion before (and my skin is super oily) it gets a bit cakey around drier areas. It goes on translucent the first two times, but after that I would recommend mixing it with some colored powder because it then tends to look a bit like baking powder on your skin (and I'm SUPER white). My only real complaint about this powder is the packaging because it's super hard to open and I keep breaking my nail on it. Overall though, I really like this product though & will definitely repurchase. All of my oily skinned friends should definitely try it out! Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by applescruffs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe it took me so long to try this stuff...I suppose it was the price that drove me away at first. But I finally got and I am so glad I did! I have the Oiliest Skin Known to Man and NOTHING will make my makeup last throughout the day. No primer, no mattifying foundation, no other powders. Really, the only thing that has ever helped is using milk of magnesia under my makeup and that just freaks me out doing it all the time because I worry I'm ruining my skin. But using the UD De-Slick powder and setting spray is the closest thing I've come to perfect! It's awesome. They make my makeup stay put all day at work. I also wore the combo to an outdoor concert recently where I was standing in line in the sun and humidity for hours and then sitting there with a bunch of sweaty bodies for a few more hours and my makeup looked great when I got home!

It has that lavender tinge but it really does go on invisible. I suppose if you use way too much it can look a little white.

P.S. I have used the powder without the setting spray and it does work great on its own. It's just that the spray gives it that extra boost of staying power that I need!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

After using only drugstore powders, I finally decided to splurge on a high-end one, and I'm glad I did. This powder is a very pale purple that applies translucent, and while it was expensive ($38 Canadian), it was well worth it. It really does keep shine at bay, and somehow it adds a bit of extra coverage, despite being translucent rather than coloured. I like to apply powder with a large fluffy brush, but the powder puff that comes with the compact is good quality. The back side of the applicator is vinyl-like, and it sticks to the mirror (which is also good). Although this is good to put in your bag for touch-ups, it works so well that you might not even need to touch up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Does the job covers blemishes everything it's great

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sdbaker

I have really oily skin, and this powder works well. It does not look cakey at all, and lasts a long time. I use this in the morning, and then use oil blotting papers throughout the day. I usually don't even need to reapply the powder. With other powders, I would have to use so much in the summer, that it would build up and "crack" on my skin. It was embarassing, so I read several reviews for powders and tried this. I like it, and will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by aimeexo

Love love love. HG product. My skin is BEYOND oily - 10 mins after I apply and set makeup I am already starting to get oily again. I have to blot every hour or 2 or else my makeup will melt off my face. Although this product doesn't rid my oiliness completely, it DEFINITELY has reduced it A LOT, which no other mattifying powders have done (MAC, tarte, revlon, etc etc).

PROS:
- reduces blotting time from every hour to every 2-3 hours which is the best I've found
- amazingly smooth powder: applies like a dream. It's incredibly finely milled and makes my skin look almost poreless
- doesn't leave a white veil as other translucent powders have (cough cough MAC)...
- PACKAGING!! I love how it's purple and almost like 3D. I'm not embarrassed to powder my face in public just because I love showing off the packaging lol. I also love how it's kinda heavy, makes it feel more good quality
- lasts for months: I use this product probably 5 times a day almost every day, and it lasts me 4-5 months before i have to repurchase
- the compact puff/pad whatever is great because it picks up the perfect amount of product, not too much and not too little. Also love how it sticks to the mirror when you open it to keep it out of the way

CONS:
- #1 con is the price. Although, it does last a very long time
- packaging: this has only happened once, but the mirror part Kind of like half detached so now when I open the compact it's wobbly and I feel like it'll break off any day
- compact pad/puff doesn't outlast the product itself. I tried to wash the puff as it got dirty from months of use, and it got destroyed. Contrary to my pro about the puff, I sometimes dont like how it sticks to the mirror, because then I have to peel it off when I just wanna use the mirror quickly

Overall, I will repurchase this again and again (even though the price is crazy IMO!) until I find a product that controls my oil better. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MissMoorman

This is by far my favorite powder I have ever used. I have combination skin, but the center of my forehead is so oily I could probably fry in it. However, this powder not only managed to keep my forehead matte all day long (probably 14 hours to be exact), it kept my dry cheeks from getting dry and didn't look cakey at all. This makes my foundation look matte and perfect all day long. It is also so translucent that I don't feel the need to put on powder highlighter, I can use liquid before I apply this powder and it is still noticeable. I would recommend this for everyone because my extremely dry cheeks weren't affected by this powder and it is marvelous for oily skin.