Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is truly amazing
It is just a white mattifying powder, it does not add any coverage, but it just keeps you matte.
It keeps you matte like instantly, you can see the difference.
For me, i am really oily around my t-zone, i pat it on, it keep that area matte for about three to four hours...
This is the kind of product you can see the instant effect on, but it's kinda pricy i think..

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have VERY oily skin and this did nothing to control it. It made my face look cakey and it leaves a white cast. Very disappointed because this was very expensive.

I live in a very humid place and my T zone can get quite greasy; this powder works great on me. It goes over makeup or bare skin very well, with no whiteness or altering the skin/ makeup colour. Depending on environment sometimes I build this up and it doesn't look cakey. If I want a radiant/ slick look, I dust this very lightly to prevent excess oiliness and it works great then too.

I haven't used many such powders prior to discovering this but it does a fantastic job, definitely worth the money.

I bought this because I really needed a powder to control all of my oil and shine during the summer. I figured I would have better luck with a high end brand.

This is a translucent powder. Most translucent powders leave a white cast on my foundation. This one, however, does not which is fantastic. This stuff is so fine milled, too! When you dust it on, it mattifies beautifully without leaving that powdery look on your face. I really was impressed.

I find that this stuff last about 5-6 hours before I need another dusting. I was a little shocked...I would have liked it to last longer, but since it doesn't look powdery or cakey, I will not complain. Reapplying is a breeze anyhow.

I would also like to mention that I use a kabuki brush, not the pad that comes in the compact. I get a more even application this way without any white cast.

The compact is beautiful by the way :) I am never the type to buy based on packaging...but it's gorgeous.

I really like this powder. I reach for it all the time. It plays nicely with all of my foundations and gives me a matte look without caking and looking powdery. It's a little pricey, but so far I feel like it's worth it. One compact has lasted me nearly a year. Definitely was a good purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin is pretty oily so I bought this since it had high reviews. I used up the whole thing and I can surely say that it's no different from a drugstore pressed powder for me. Controls oil for a couple of hours. The translucent powder didn't alter my foundation colour (some tend to make my face lighter), and didn't break me out which is good. Won't repurchase because of the price and that I could get something just as effective at the drugstore!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay, so there are hundreds of shine free powders out there. A lot of great drugstore options as well. I will admit, I'm guilty for buying this because of the packaging. I don't use this as a setting powder but as a blotting powder on the go. I wanted something pretty to pull out when I'm out. Sounds lame right? I think not, I just sound like a normal cosmetic junkie girl! So why not just get Guerlain or Chanel if I'm going to be this silly? Well, I study ingredients. I have to for my skin type. Since I hit my 30's, I developed acne for the first time and my skin became reactive to ingredients. The ingredients in De-Slick looked promising and safe. After using this for a few weeks, it is safe for me. Honestly, nothing will ever compare to MAC Blot (tears). This was the only powder that really knocked the crap out of my oil. But, it clogged my pores like crazy. I just can't use it anymore. Because I'm medium olive, avoiding the ol' white cast is a real struggle for me. I don't pack on the powder with the puff and apply it like I'm waxing a car. That will cause a white cast! If I'm really oily in certain spots. I gently dip the puff in the powder and apply it to the oily spot with firm pressure in blotting motions to that specific area until the shine is gone. If I have a light veil of oil all over, I use a travel kabuki brush and lightly dust all over.

I have a very oily t-zone. So I really need a good mattifying powder. I don't have a problem with blotting after 3-4 hours. I'm used to it. But with this powder, which is pretty expensive at $32, I have to pile it on to the point where it looks white and cakey. With other powders, such as Essence All About Matt, which is $4, the white disappears as it melts into my skin. This one just sits on top of my skin, and then within about 90 minutes, the white, cakiness is gone, but so is the powder, and I'm an oily mess.

Pros:
- packaging is so pretty and sturdy
- looks flawless on my skin (definitely buff it in on top, it won't move the foundation)
- matte for probably 5-6 hours

Cons:
- wish it was cheaper

Overall, great product. Would consider repurchasing, but rimmel stay matte works similarly.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I don't have oily skin but I wanted my Make up to last longer and it does the job by setting my foundation. Expensive? Yes. Worth the splurge if you can? Yes!! It even lasted through a big sex session.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even though I dont have oily skin I like to set my makeup with a powder because I feel incomplete if I dont. I only use MAC powders and I decided to go for a change. So I did my homework and finally this Urban Decay powder seemed the most appealing to me. It retails for 19 pounds which is ok since MAC is around the same price but I do wish I didnt waste my money because I dont like it at all. Its not translecent because it does leave a "white cast" on your face and its not light weight! It feels cakey for everyday Wear. The only thing I liked was the packaging. 2/5 for me

Recommended for Normal Skin