Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Okay, so there are hundreds of shine free powders out there. A lot of great drugstore options as well. I will admit, I'm guilty for buying this because of the packaging. I don't use this as a setting powder but as a blotting powder on the go. I wanted something pretty to pull out when I'm out. Sounds lame right? I think not, I just sound like a normal cosmetic junkie girl! So why not just get Guerlain or Chanel if I'm going to be this silly? Well, I study ingredients. I have to for my skin type. Since I hit my 30's, I developed acne for the first time and my skin became reactive to ingredients. The ingredients in De-Slick looked promising and safe. After using this for a few weeks, it is safe for me. Honestly, nothing will ever compare to MAC Blot (tears). This was the only powder that really knocked the crap out of my oil. But, it clogged my pores like crazy. I just can't use it anymore. Because I'm medium olive, avoiding the ol' white cast is a real struggle for me. I don't pack on the powder with the puff and apply it like I'm waxing a car. That will cause a white cast! If I'm really oily in certain spots. I gently dip the puff in the powder and apply it to the oily spot with firm pressure in blotting motions to that specific area until the shine is gone. If I have a light veil of oil all over, I use a travel kabuki brush and lightly dust all over.

on 4/10/2015 5:49:00 PM

I have a very oily t-zone. So I really need a good mattifying powder. I don't have a problem with blotting after 3-4 hours. I'm used to it. But with this powder, which is pretty expensive at $32, I have to pile it on to the point where it looks white and cakey. With other powders, such as Essence All About Matt, which is $4, the white disappears as it melts into my skin. This one just sits on top of my skin, and then within about 90 minutes, the white, cakiness is gone, but so is the powder, and I'm an oily mess.

on 4/6/2015 6:40:00 AM

Pros:
- packaging is so pretty and sturdy
- looks flawless on my skin (definitely buff it in on top, it won't move the foundation)
- matte for probably 5-6 hours

Cons:
- wish it was cheaper

Overall, great product. Would consider repurchasing, but rimmel stay matte works similarly.

on 3/23/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I don't have oily skin but I wanted my Make up to last longer and it does the job by setting my foundation. Expensive? Yes. Worth the splurge if you can? Yes!! It even lasted through a big sex session.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even though I dont have oily skin I like to set my makeup with a powder because I feel incomplete if I dont. I only use MAC powders and I decided to go for a change. So I did my homework and finally this Urban Decay powder seemed the most appealing to me. It retails for 19 pounds which is ok since MAC is around the same price but I do wish I didnt waste my money because I dont like it at all. Its not translecent because it does leave a "white cast" on your face and its not light weight! It feels cakey for everyday Wear. The only thing I liked was the packaging. 2/5 for me

I have had this powder about a month and I absolutely love it. This is the best powder that I have ever used in my life. I have dry skin and a problem with powder looking cakey and clinging to dry spots. Not with this one, it is beautiful and makes my skin feel so so soft. If your considering buying this just go for it, it is the best powder ever. I usually prefer loose powder but I went ahead and got this because it does not come in a loose form and I am so glad I did. I will keep buying this as long as they make it and I pray they never discontinue it. I want the naked skin foundation and loose finishing powder too, if it's anywhere near the quality of this it will be fabulous. Get this today, it's way better than the ben nye everyone loves so much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

While it is intended to be a "mattifying" powder, I don't think it's any different than drugstore powders. Once applied for touch-ups it does provide a shine-free finish, however I feel that it is not long lasting. I will be a greasy mess in less than an hour. What a waste.

3/13/15 - Again I say, this does absolutely NOTHING to contain oil!

on 10/17/2014 9:08:00 PM

I really love this product. I use Kat von D's lock it tattoo liquid foundation for full coverage, flawless skin and I use this throughout the day when needed to keep it looking fresh. It's a great product. Obviously it won't add any additional color to your skin which is why I love it for touch ups. It won't keep your skin matte all day if you apply it in the morning, but I feel like it was made for touch ups and it does a fabulous job at that.

on 9/9/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't "de-slick" me. Like, at all. I was shiny again about 2 to 3 hours later. I do have beyond oily skin though, so I gave up on trying to find good oil control products awhile ago. However, despite that this doesn't keep me shine free, I do enjoy this product! It gives my skin a perfect, velvet finish, doesn't enlarge pores, sits beautifully with my bronzer and blushes, and is buildable without being cakey. So, obviously, that's alotta good! Yeah, it doesn't do what it promises, but there's so much good coming out of it that I won't return it. I won't purchase it again, but I will enjoy this until it's gone!

on 9/9/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. The purple, quite heavy packaging with engravings is beautiful and it also has a mirror in the lid, smart! The pad that comes with it is unfortunately useless, it's too thin and stale. Use something else to apply. I usually use a fluffy powder brush. It looks stark white but don't be scared it's transparent and leaves your skin velvet soft. For me, who has an oily t-zone, this is perfect as at setting powder and for touch ups during the day. I feel like it really helps keeping my skin matte. It does not have any smell and the price is ok. It lasts a long time as well! I will always repurchase this.

Recommended for Normal Skin