July 24, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lipstick - Bourjois - Docteur Glamour - Rose Retabli

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hybrid756

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is beautiful! I hardly ever wear lipstick, usually just lip balm which I have an unhealthy obsession with, as I can't stand my lips being dry. I bought this as I was looking for a nice pale lipstick to pair with my usual smoky eye look, as I didn't feel that lip balm looked polished enough. I didn't read what was in it, I just knew I wanted something relatively pale or neutral, and I prefer something moisturising. I found this lasted quite well but still felt comfortable to wear. The shade is beautiful, a lovely neutral pinky peach shade: all the alternatives I came across were either too brown or too pink but this is perfect! It has a slight hint of shimmer to stop it looking flat, but by no means is it sparkly or glittery, just a lovely creamy texture. I can wear it alone and it looks natural but polished; top it with lip balm or gloss for a more glossy finish, or use foundation under it for a more distinct pale peachy look, perhaps for a night out with darker eyes and big, messy blonde hair. 10/10! I would recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was really surprised at how much I like this lipstick! It's a really pretty peachy pink shade that smoothes on nicely. I have really dry lips and this just glides on without enhancing any of my dryness at all. Lasting power is about average, but with this smooth formula, I don't mind reapplying a couple times throughout the day. This is one of those lipsticks you can just toss on and go and know it's going to look good!
The little tube is cute too, esp for a drugstore brand!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Lovely peachy pink color. Looks very sultry and simple. I assume that it will look better on people with pink undertones.

I have yellow undertones and it isn't bad on me, but not very flattering.

The formula is very moisturizing, which is why if applied without any base will fade easily.

Will try out other similar shades before buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by olga_thes

I agree that it brightens up your face but unfortunately you need to reapply it several times a day. Bourjois has a wide range of lipsticks and lip glosses (I have tried most of them) and it is undoubtedly a quite cheap make up brand. The particular lipstick keeps your lips moisturized and soft, its packaging looks elegant too, however, its staying power isn't all that good...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetantz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this for AUD$5 each and I got the pink and nude. Very smooth and they claim it is moisturising for the lips. It is easily come off after eating. Not that special compare to other lippy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by danai

THE ultimate peachy pink. Seriously, the color is excellent. So simple, yet I don't recollect having seen it available at any other brand. If you're familiar with Maybelline's peach satin mousse blush, this is very close colorwise. Perfect warm toned pink. I could go on about the color for days.
Now on the actual lipstick. Texture is very creamy and smooth. It's a balmy lipstick actually; it's supposed to moisturize intensely, not just be non drying, and while I haven't used this enough to tell you if it made a difference with my lip texture (I use a whole army of balms for that anyway), the formula does feel very moisturizing. If you're into creamy lipstick this is for you, plus it's not hevy/pasty at all. It's feels rather light on as a matter of fact.
The product is very pigmented too; you get full on color very easily if you want to. As for the finish, on me it's very slightly shiny; reminds me a lot of MAC's Glaze formula to be honest, both finish and consistency - wise Only it must be way more moisturizing. The only thing I could say doesn't please me about this is the smell; I suppose it was intended to be unscented, but as usual with "unscented" products I get a plasticky smell/taste I don't like. But that's not a dealbreaker when the actual product is really satisfactory to me.
Other than that, the packaging and the price are fine. I find Bourjois to be very good quality and imaginative for a drugstore brand; they offer products that really catch your eye plus I think they package them cutely and market them well too.
To sum things up, if you like soft pinks (I personally adore them) you don't want to miss out on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my area, its RRP is $22...but I got it for $8.50! A beautiful, simple yet very pretty shade that's perfect for me who's just venturing into lipsticks. Also doubles as a beautiful cream blush, gives a subtle, doll-like flush to the cheeks. On my pale skin, it almost looks like a nude, but I think with the right eye/cheek colours, the pink and peach tones could be played up. Only downside is it appears slightly metallic when it's first applied, but then settles into more of a cream, so it's not a big problem. Oh and I think this colour might be discontinued, as I haven't seen it in the new Docteur Glamour range...that's a major downside, as it's such a gorgeous colour.

Lovely and versatile, and the bargain made it sweeter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by midorisour

Amazing! Such a simple color, yet it is pretty much impossible to find in other lines. This is *the* perfect shade of peachy pink. It is not too bright, yet it is also not dull. It's just one of those shades that instantly brightens up your face. Perfect for spring/summer... actually, I'd wear it year round whenever I need a little pick me up. The texture is a tad drying and there is a strong floral scent (not as bad as Lancome or L'oreal lipsticks). Even though it is a shimmery lipstick (I prefer matte/satin finish), it still looks classy... no random glitter or high mirror shine here. If you are looking for a lipstick version of NARS Orgasm, get this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

I can't believe I didn't review this earlier! This is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time, in fact, I like it better than most HE or MAC ones. The formula contains mango butter and shea butter and it does a very good job at keeping your lips moisturized and pretty. Honestly, the only lipstick I've found that feels so amazing is a Korres one that has mango butter in it too. The shade selection is really nice but I think Rose Retabli stands out. It's a lovely, pigmented and creamy, light pinky-peachy shade that is not too warm and can work for anyone, in my opinion. This lipstick is HG material and if Bourjois ever decides to discontinue it I'll probably be upset!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by vazquez

This is beautiful summer color (peachy pink), the color intensifies with
layers (nicely) - but what I really like is that it is moisturizing and does last about 4 hours with no touch ups. (I am NC20).