November 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - Skin Genesis Deep Action Night Complex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I think its funny that this is L'Oreals version of the Olay Regenerist line, and I use the two together to get the perfect results for my skin. When I am done waiting for my toner to dry before bed, I apply this product on my face. Two pumps is enough for my face and neck- I rub it in as well as I can, wait a few minutes and then apply a tad of Olays Regenerist night moisture (because I LOVE the way it smells and it blends really nice with the L'Oreal complex). You dont need to use the two together, as this product can stand on its own, and do wonderful things to your skin- I just happen to love the two together. I have dry, acne prone skin and after much research and trial.and.error, I have learned so much about the needs of my skin. My skin was dry, with no oil- yet i was still breaking out. So I would use products that were B.P. based to rid myself of the acne, and then pile on lotion for the dry skin. The two were just crossing each other out, as the B.P. would dry my skin out even more, and the lotion would help give enough moisture to compensate. I learned that using a gentle cream cleanser, a mild toner, a B.P. SPOT TREATMENT ONLY, and then cell reconstructor cream, and my usual night cream works 10x better. When your skin gets that dry, it tries to create moisture by producing more oil-which is not what you want. You want creams that actually moisturize without clogging your pores, so it tricks your skin and allows LESS oil being produced. In turn, you get clean skin, that has a spot treatment for problems, and creams that keep your skin hydrated, moisturized and oil free, while being soft and giving you that glow that all of us women desire! I am so happy that I was able to figure this all out... Some women use the wrong products for their skin, they irritate and damage their skin in the process and get frustrated and spend lots of money trying to find the solution. I honestly think that too many products have that harsh peroxide and acne medicine in them, and for a lot of women (unless you have SEVERE acne) is just making the problem worse... irritating your skin, with more chemicals that draw out all the moisture- confusing it with oil. Thats why I love this product. It seems like it reverses all the damage I put my skin through, leaves it soft and gives me that glow that every woman desires. I docked a lippie because it doesnt smell the best- its not terrible... but I want my cream to smell good when it goes on. Also, I HATE the dreaded pump. This tube is small enough as is, and it makes it so much worse when it comes in a pump and you cant get all of the product out of it... I know the product is a bit thin, and putting it in a jar may be a bit messy... but i would rather deal with messy that the dang pump dispenser. Seriously. Otherwise, I love this product and highly recommend it to all women for a daily night treatment for most skin types

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Again, a great product in my daily Skin Genesis regimen. I use it at night combined with the cleanser and serum (underneath) and this is the smoothest my skin has ever been. It doesn't break me out neither, although I have very sensitive skin.
Very fine lines I had on my forehead already disappeared after only 2 weeks of use, as far as I can see. I'm sold!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Got this a few weeks ago at Big Lots for under $10 and love it! I have been doing peels from MUAC for the past few months but my skin is definitely evening out and I noticed this more after I started using this. Just got the pore cleanser and multi-layer cell treatment so reviews to follow in a few weeks with those.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mininana

I mix two pumps of this with a little tiny bit of Retin-A 0.1 microgel and I use all over my face (except the eye area) as well as my hands and works beautifully well. I then use it alone on my eye area... smells really nice and packaging is great!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Lelloism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After several anti-acne skin drying creams, I had a Roaccutane treatment and since then I've been on and off on nightcreams that wouldn't bring the acne back but also hydrate my skin.
I've been using this nightcream (the Dutch version DermaGenesis) for several months now and it's the first nightcream I am happy with. It smells nice, is not oily on the face and makes me wake up with a nice and smooth face. Compared to other brands, 20euros is not that expensive and one bottle goes a long way. The packaging is hygenic, easy to dose and doesn't dry out the product. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by troodos

I use the uk dermagenesis version of this, prob same product, different name. I adore this. At 41 and three years of baby sleep deprivation I had given into my face starting to crumble but with this I look like the old me again. So cheap, really smooths likes and perks up my skin. I use it day and night. This won first prize in the Stacey/fairley beauty steals bible and deserves is. No parabens too. Hope it's never discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It absorbs well, didn't break me out but I find it just an average night cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by jtee12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think I got a cyst from using this stuff. It has been on my face for two weeks, and it may need to be surgically removed. I can't be sure this lotion is the cause, but I usually have clear skin, and all of a sudden, after using this product for two weeks, I developed a cyst!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by noelledglt

I love this product. I don't EVER write reviews and I don't stock up on beauty products...until this cream. I just went to my local drugstore and it was out and I (in a panic that they may have discontinued the product) ordered 2 from an online site just in case. Absolutely no break outs and just smoother more even skin tone. I have pretty bad melasma spots after a pregnancy and I also think its helping to fade them to some extent. I think the smell is refreshing and not too strong at all. Smells clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

*Update* OK it's been 5 days so far and I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF. My face looks amazing. My hyperpigmentation scars are gone, my pores are noticeably smaller on my nose and cheeks, my face is even, moisturized, glowing. I have no signs of any acne sprouting anywhere and I'm due on my period tomorrow!!! Love love love! My HG!

I am starting off giving this product a 5, yes, I've only used it for one day, but I have a very big reason for giving it the highest rating right off the bat.

I'm 26 and although my teenage acne has calmed down, what I occasionally get is even worse. I have extremely active pores, and they get clogged with sebum no matter WHAT I do. Exfoliate, tone, go to dermatologist, nothing stops it. And occasionally the clogged pore becomes infected and what's left in it's place after it's extracted is a large open "hole" type deal that is really embarrassing and make up can't cover it, and it lasts for WEEKS.

For the past 2 weeks I've had one of these on my cheeks and nothing will get rid of it. Last night I went about my normal skin cleansing routine. Biore face wash, and instead of using my toner and moisturizer, I used this stuff in it's place, and went to bed.

I woke up this morning in AMAZEMENT. I can't even tell you. There was a hole on my cheek last night. It was NOT there this morning. Two weeks of suffering, of it not healing, only to be 85% better after ONE usage of this night treatment? Are you kidding me?!

My face is dramatically more moisturized. I've been dealing with what I'd refer to as a "rebellious child" with how my skins been acting. Dry, flaky and peeling. UGH.

In one usage, there are no dry patches. It cleared up my open acne problem.. I'm in shock. I don't even care that I paid almost $20 for this product, because if this proves to help my acne problem I have? I would pay even more.

I see a lot of people on here saying they break out from this product. I am going to give it a week, and update the review. I'm going to cross all my fingers and toes that I don't break out b/c this has literally saved my self-esteem over night. I have a party this weekend and wanted to look my best and really thought it wasn't going to happen. Now it just might!!

Stay tuned.