September 20, 2014 | 1783 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - Physiological Cleansing Milk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This leaves a film residue and doesn't wash clean. It removes grime effectively but the fact that it doesn't leave me feeling clean defeats the entire purpose. I would say give it a go if you are dry but all other skins probably wont like it. Vichy cleansing milk is much better. I have not managed to be impressed by any cleansers in this brand except for the effaclar foaming cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

Pros:
Gentle (at least in my experience)
Affordable
Nice packaging.
Creamy consistency, not too thin and watery.

Cons:
Leaves an oily residue on face.
Will not remove make-up on it's own (despite it's claims)
Contains fragrance (sometimes a deal breaker with super sensitive skins)

It's not a great product and I don't think it's worth the price. It makes claims that it doesn't live up to, as a morning cleanser it's fine but I never use it in the evenings because I can't rely on it to remove impurities, excess oil, makeup etc

I bought it on a whim and even though, fortunately, I didn't react badly to the product, if I had read the other reviews below I probably wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Samp1310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! I have very dry, sensitive, intolerant skin that was exposed to Retin-A and a very long course of Accutane. I needed something that was cleansing yet moisturizing that didn't make me feel like my face was tight and dry. This product is moisturizing and non-comodegenic, something often kind of difficult to find, and it leaves my skin feeling moist yet cleansed. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry, intolerant skin who wants an assurance that they won't break out. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because I do feel I need some extra supplemental cleansing on the weekends to deep clean pores but that may be just me! I will continue to repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best cleanser Iīve ever used! It keeps my dry yet acne-prone skin hydrated and clean of impurities (since starting to use this cleanser I wonder if my skin has really ever been acne-prone or have I just used wrong products?). It just makes my skin so soft and plump and glowing! I like to try out new products and cleansers, but I always come back to this one.

I use this every morning and evening with water (I know it should be wiped off with a cotton pad but that doesnīt clean all the make up), rub it in my face and rince it VERY thorouhghully away. So if you have problems with this product, try washing it away with water, just like normal cleansers.

The smell is ok, reminds me of some toys (maybe my little ponys) from the childhood.
The bottle isnīt very elegant or beautiful, but I can live with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure why so many are having problems with this. Very mild but effective cleanser. I'm not a fan of no-rinse either but I follow with either a warm cloth or toner. Skin is left smooth, radiant and clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

I am slightly reassured by the reviews of others who have had bad reactions to this product, i.e. it's not just me! I received a couple of samples of this product, I used the previous bottle up without any problems - product performance was unremarkable and nothing about it would encourage me to purchase it again, and I don't like the strong smell that is faintly reminiscent of bananas, which physically do make me sick. Anyway, I started using the second sample bottle for my evening cleanse tonight and within seconds of covering my face in this it became hot and as red as a tomato! I removed the product, and waited a while thinking perhaps I was using too-hot water to cleanse with but the redness didn't go away. My skin is SO hot, it feels almost as though it's burning. I now have the Avene Soothing Moisture Mask on to counteract this irritation and it is very slowly calming my skin down but given that my skin is so hot right now the mask has pretty much just melted away. I will be lying down in front of a fan and using a lot of Avene Eau Thermale spray for the next hour or so in the hope my skin calms down. This has been extremely unpleasant and I would not use this again! For something that is targeted towards sensitive skin, and being someone who doesn't really have very sensitive skin at all, I would be very concerned about the ingredients of this product given that others have had similar reactions!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by nyeung1

I am so disappointed with this product. I have been using the LRP cleansing milk for only two days and it has wreaked havoc on my dry, sensitive skin!

I have been using LRP Hydraphase Riche for two years now and decided to buy the full LRP line and was told by the sales girl to give the Physiological Cleansing Milk and Soothing Toner a go - she said that because they were categorized for dry, very dry and sensitive skin that I would love it. She couldn't have been further from the truth.

My entire chin and cheek area has broken out into red irritated skin and it isn't acne - it's literally inflamed and it burned after I put on the hydraphase riche moisturizer which I have never had problems with in the past 2 years that I have been using it.

I will discontinue use immediately and return to the store and would not suggest this product to anyone who truly has dry and sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by amonavis

I wanted to love this but all I can say is ouch. This burns my face and turns my cheeks red. It also somehow dries my skin. Its so strange that a product designed for sensitive skin can do this to me. I think that a lot of La Roche Posay products are overrated and not as great for sensitive skin as they would have you believe. I am going back to Avene.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I have been using this cleansing milk for about two weeks already, and I am really liking it. Its a nice stuff for removing make-up. It removes make-up quickly and its gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Adamantix

I got a few samples of this product and I was very excited, because of my sensitive skin type and because I must be very carefull which products I use. And let me say that I had a shock when, after like 1-2 minutes after applying this cleansing milk, my face started to "burn" and the next step was that my skin went very red, irritated. I was lucky that after a few hours my face turned back to normal... but I guess I'm allergic to one of the ingredients. Is still very strange, because this product is made for sensitive skin.