October 24, 2014 | 1008 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay eyeliner in Blackberry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner pencil. Color is like a purple brown. I love it as an alternative to just wearing black. Staying power is fantastic. It will stay in the waterline for about an hour, in my experience. This works great over or under shadow, thin line or thick, a smidge or several layers. Great eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sinleeangulo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. Walgreens has a sale on this, maybe it's being discontinued. I bought seven of these for $3 each.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colour is a dark slightly plummy cool-toned brown, and was a good replacement for Revlonís discontinued Vixen liner. It really flatters my medium warm-toned East Asian skin tone (Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo). Worn alone, itís less harsh than black liner, so itís good for a subtler look. Itís also good with the dark eggplant / dark purple smoky eye I like, and some other brown and neutral eyeshadows. I also layer Stilaís lionfish pencil liner (a warm shimmery brown) over it sometimes. The texture isn't very creamy, but I donít care, because the staying power of an eyeliner is more important to me, given my oily lids and tropical climate where I live.

Unlike the black version of this, this shade has incredible staying power, even on my oily lids. Alone or with UDPP, the line on my upper lids still remained very clear, with only a very very slight blurring after ~12h out. On my lower lashline, it will smudge a little but I like how it looks like a subtle smoky line, rather than smudgy eyeliner. I took one lippy off the packaging rating, but my only complaint is pretty minor Ė I wish the cap could be placed on the back of the pen while I use this. It tends to roll off when I place it on its side, and is too small to stand upright.

I live in a tropical country, and UDPP really helps this liner last there. However, when I travel to temperate countries in both winter and summer, UDPP doesnít help at all, and all eyeliners smudge badly on me. But this eyeliner actually lasts really well there when worn alone, and itís easy to apply on the go. I canít be bothered to bring powder eyeshadows and makeup brushes, nor to apply them when I travel, so this is the only eye makeup product I bring along. I've been using this since 2009, and I expect this to be a core item in my makeup stash for the foreseeable future!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

Staying power is just okay and I am finding now that I am older even the very slight trace of purplish tone on me makes me look tired.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by chicagosun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of eye pencils! I prefer dark brown eyeliner over black for a softer, everyday look. This blackberry color comes on dark brown with hints of plum - I love it! It lasts all day without smearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by mochacakeroll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second pencil right now.

When I first tried this pencil out, i was amazed. I was over at a friend's house, and had totally forgotten my makeup, so my friend lent me this eyeliner.

The color is a dark plummy brown with miniscule sparkles, which are not noticeable, but do make a slight difference. You may hate it, you may like it.

this is a dupe for Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil eyeliner in Rockstar. I do not own Rockstar, but I have tested it side by side with Revlon Blackberry. And I have to say, the colors are pretty much the same ^__^

Urban Decay's pencils are known for being suuuper buttery and creamy to the touch. Revlon Colorstay may not be as abnormally amazing, but its still creamy enough to not tug on your skin when you line your eyes.

I bought Revlon Colorstay for around $8. Urban Decay 24/7 retails for around $20, making Colorstay a HUGE bargin ^__^

What I like most about Revlon Colorstay eyeliner is that it is a retractable/self-sharpening eyeliner. I hate having to buy a seperate sharpener for my eyeliner pencils, and this saves a great amount of time.

There's a little sharpener at the end tip of the packaging. If your product becomes a bit blunt, pop out the sharpener, twist the product in gently a couple of times, and BAM! Fresh, precise eyeliner, ready to use.

Would I buy this again? Heck yeah. Eyeliner is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice drugstore eyeliner. It definitely has long staying power, and that's saying a lot because I really have oily lids and most eyeliners smudge in a few hours on me. This one doesn't, so I don't end up with racoon eyes. The color blackberry is also very pretty, it compliments my dark brown eyes well. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love eyeliners where you don't have to sharpen! This is a gorgeous dark plummy/brown color that makes my brown eyes pop! Doesn't stay well on waterline. I love using this to outline and wing my upper lash line. Def lasts for a really long time when I apply it that way. This color is a good alternative for the regular brown liner. Def would repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not so enthusiastic about this purple. Most purple liners/shadows make my hazel eyes look more green, but not this one :( The navy color actually does a better job for hazel/green eyes IMO. Revlon colorstay liners also have a tendency to irritate my eyes if I use it on the inner rims, so be cautious! I gave it 2 lippies because this liner is true to its "colorstay" label, it really does last all day with no touch ups required.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was an emergency purchase... one day, I had a horrible morning and cried all my eye makeup off, but had to leave directly from work to go to an art show and I only had mascara with me. I asked my husband to pick up eyeliner for me at Target so I could apply it when he met me at the show. I specifically told him Revlon Colorstay in black, although I have never tried this eyeliner, because it was the first thing that came to mind and I didn't want him wasting time weighing the merits of different types. They were out of black so he settled for Blackberry. This is just an okay eyeliner. It goes on smoothly and wears well but I'm not amazed by it. The color on my eye is a slightly purpled charcoal color, rather than the blackened plum of the cap. I don't notice any shimmer, which is fine because I don't like shimmer liners. I wear this when I want a softer than black look. I may or may not purchase again, because it's not a staple but it's not terrible either.