September 2, 2014 | 987 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Gingko Green BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by sodapooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different brands of bb cream already. I really wanted this one to work out for me but it didn't. Spreads easily, light coverage, and looks great after application. I have oily skin so it oxidizes everything I put on my face. I looked like a grease ball at the end of the day with this on and a powder over. I tried it a few other times when the weather changes, still same effect for me. Missha bb cream still is my fav so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was dying to try some bb creams and bought a couple on ebay. I decided to go for this one after reading several reviews, and encouraged by the fact that I was able to get if for a really low price (around 10$ on ebay). I am happy to say that I am really glad I got it! First of all, the color looks good on me, I chose shade #1. it matches my skin really well and blends in with a really natural effect. I love the consistency, it feels a bit thick but very moisturizing on the skin. The coverage is pretty low, but I have to say I chose bb cream as a more natural alternative to foundation, and in any case I use foundation with a low coverage. I like my face to look natural and actually that's what this bb cream does. I apply a little bit of powder on it and it lasts all day. I really like it. It's just a pity it has no spf in it.
I think it's good on dry/sensitive/combination skin because it's so thick, I would not recommend it to someone with oily skin, also because of the sheer coverage.
Last but not least, I LOVE the smell of this bb cream. I can't stop smelling it from the tube. is amazing.
I think I will repurchase, or anyway try a different one from the skin food range.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by gloomyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard alot about BB creams last year and i wanted to know what the hype was all about. So i got myself the Skin food Gingko green BB cream shade #2 (which is the darkest for red undertone skin).

BB: stands for blemish balm

The cream was developed to help heal scars as well as coverage foundation for the face. The back has part english and korean information, it has gingko and green tea extracts with vitamin B.

Directions: Apply using fingers, in order, to cheeks, nose, jaw, and then forehead. Spread thinly by patting with fingers.

I have found the product too light for my skin tone, in comparison i am a NC35-nc37 in Mac cosmetics. Coverage is very sheer if you like your coverage to be light to medium then you will like this product, it smells like sudocrem, which is a antiseptic healing cream. It really looks smooth on my skin, if only my skin was lighter I would be using this product more often.

Packaging: I love the packaging, it’s a squeeze tube with a screw top. The labels are stickers with green text on a yellow sticker for the back with product info, the front is embossed in gold where the brand is and what looks like an angel and the ‘gingko green bb cream’.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by lisa1229

a tv talk show recommended this product so i bought the the following weekend. the price was around $25, decent but not cheap. the coverage was poor-average and by the end of the day, it looked as if i didn't have makeup... i would not buy this product again. it is an average bb cream at most.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

I've got all 3 BB creams from skin food (gingko, aloe vera and mushroom), and gingko is the one that i liked the most, because in comparison with the other 2 it provides more coverage, however, it does not have SPF in it.

I've shifted to Aloe Vera because it has SPF20 PA+, but i wasn't satisfied with the coverage, it feels almost like a tinted moisturizer with no coverage at all.

For the mushroom, I've only used it once, because i've got combo/oily skin and it feels too heavy on me.

I'm a huge fan of BB cream, but I'm not using skin food BB cream anymore, because they've only got two shades, and even the darkest one is too light for me (for reference, I'm a NC30)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by AokiJ

Ok, so I love most of the skin food items, the packaging is very cute and kooky, anyway, i have been known to use and buy bb creams many times, i have 3 different brands of bb cream. and all of which disappoint me ridiculously enough. maybe i am not a fan on bb cream entirely, but skin food including. didn't give me enough coverage to wear on its on, if your hoping for full coverage and will set with powder, this probably wouldn't help either, Its just like a weak primer. by weak i mean almost no coverage. The shades of skin food bb cream, are limited too, Almost too light for asian complexion, but maybe thats just the thing..., would suit fair and bright complexions, and would probally give more coverage on those types of skin.. this is just my review, and i am not favouring my bb cream right now (too greasy, makes my cheeks break out lol!) i hope other users have had much better experiences!.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by iepiep

I have this product in shade 1. It gives a sheer finish but its look alright after applying loose powder.

I give this product a 3 as i does not like the coverage. The product does not cover my dark circle and pores. This product gives a light coverage. Thus, those that are looking for a heavier coverage, need to skip this bb cream. However, I will continue to use this bb cream as the shade is quite close to my skin, unlike the brtc bb cream which are too dark for me.

Update: After 1 week of application, I get the hand of it. Since the bb cream was quite thick, i use my fingers to tab of my face first before rubbing into my skin. The coverage was still the same, but the look was more desire.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

I personally didn't like this product very much because of its thick consistency. A BB cream is supposed to go on lighter than a foundation and have a sheer coverage. This BB cream does provide sheer coverage, but it definitely does not go on light. The cream is so thick that it makes it really hard to blend the product out evenly without tugging your skin. After several uses, I felt like it clogged my pores and my skin grew some bumps--they are not pimples, but just red bumps that go away the next day. I don't usually have allergic reactions to face products, but my skin did react a little for this BB cream. This product also has a weird smell to it.... I personally dislike the fragrance it has.

I thought this product was a bit too expensive for the results I got. It was thick, hard to blend, and heavy. I do not plan to purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Texture hard to spread, smells great, but low SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by cattykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this bb cream in shade #2. My skin is NC30, and I would say this shade is probably a better match for NC25. But it brightens up my skintone instead of giving me a pale white cast, so no biggie. The cream blends easily and a tiny pea-sized dot covers my entire face. It's light and almost has no scent. The coverage is about medium and it evens out my skin tone and conceal my redness and dark circle quite well. I would say the formula of this bb cream is best for dry/normal skin. I have oily/combinational skin, so my T-zone becomes oily in the mid-day. If you have oily skin like me, you might need to blot a bit more than usual. Also, this bb cream has no spf, so definitely pair it w/ a sunblock lotion, which I don't mind at all. Now finally to the skincare aspect of this bb cream, I do notice a subtle difference in my pore size and overall skin tone. It seems brighter and more glowy even w/o any products on. I would buy it again for the price, but I would prefer something that's more suitable for oily/combinational skin.