October 24, 2014 | 1648 users online

Toners - c. booth - Daily detoxifying enzyme toner pads

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Couldn't ask for better results from toner pads! I have combo skin that reacts well to acids, so I was drawn to this because of the great ingredients + light manual exfoliation + removing extra makeup, etc. I also like that this has tea tree in it which is great for my sometimes acne-prone skin.

The pads have two sides, a soft and a slightly harsher side which depending on if I've exfoliated already and want to take it easy, or I really need to detox my skin after a full face of makeup, I switch it around. All of the pads have remained moisturized (no drying out) and they aren't too tough to get apart. To make them last longer (twice a day wouldn't last you a month) I use them mostly at night where I need more deep cleaning, and use a more gentle/hydrating toner in the AM.

Basically, this is at a fraction of the cost from the other expensive alternatives, has more beneficial ingredients than their more expensive competitors. Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was quite excited to try this product as it contains tea tree, enzymes, glycolic and mandelic acid plus licorice and chamomile to soothe skin. Unfortunately, the pads caused my very finicky but oily forehead to break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

These are great pads to use for acne if your skin does well with glycolic acid--and MUCH cheaper than similar GA products by high-end companies in Sephora. They also contain tea tree oil and some other natural exfoliants that are good for acne. The amount of glycolic is moderate in here, so it won't sting your skin, though you may prefer a higher concentration. Rite Aid has regular good sales on this line, so it's worth waiting for one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked these up on a whim a few months ago, and have been really happy with them. I don't use them daily since coupled w/ the AHA cream I use at night it would irritate my skin, but used a few times a week I still see results. I tried the P.T. Roth "complexion correction pads", which were great, but expensive and a bit too much for my skin. This product is an excellent alternative for someone looking to save money or who has sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I actually bought this product in the travel pack at Rite Aid, which actually makes it quite a bit pricier, but I adore it so I will buy more. The c.booth derma24 line travel pack is $12.99 at my Rite Aid, and comes with 1 oz sizes of the facial wash, vitamin c scrub, moisturizer, enzyme toner, and aha neck & body moisturizer. The enzyme toner in this kit is the same as what's offered in the pads, except it's just liquid toner, not pads in a jar. And like I said, I love it. This entire skincare kit has lasted me 3 weeks and the toner was the first thing I've run out of. I will definitely buy more in the mini sizes because I prefer the ease of the toner in liquid form and not in pad form. I've already planned to buy a kit to take on vacation with me as well, as it's the perfect travel size. I love this line and will most assuredly be buying larger sizes of these products as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Skin: Irish/Scandanavian Sensitive Combo/Acne Prone w/scarring.

Rated four for price. I've never dropped this much on a skin care product ($15.03) but since it seems VERY promising I couldn't pass it up, despite checking with MUA to find only one review of this product.
You can find a product description (in flash, therefore I could not copy/paste it) at deliciousbrandsllc.com.
I've got acne scars and redness on my left cheek (the side I slept on for 23 years of my life) that would put rosaceans to shame. :/ Nothing has made these suckers disappear. GoW's GOaWay Scar cream happened to fade about 5% but that is not good enough for me. I've been on a hunt to find something for about 3 years. Claudia Steven's Lightening Serum, though hydrating, didn't fade the scars either. I decided to pull out the big guns: Glycolic Acid.
I've tried Mario Badescu's GA toner with little results. Used the whole bottle...but the interwebs make GA seem like the miracle product for scars, so I return to it in my search with c.booth's Detoxifying Enzyme pads. (Ingredients include but are not limted to: Water, Glycolic, Malic and Tartaric Acids, Licorice Ext, Chamomile, Green tea, vit E & B, Aloe Vera, Pineapple Ext, tea tree and peppermint oils.

I can't find an extact percent of GA in this product, but I'm guessing it's about 5% based on the ingredient listing, which lists GA as third ingredient. (In c.boost's 10% GA toner, it's the second ingredient).
It has a light tea-tree smell, which doesn't bother me because I LOVE tea tree. The peppermint doesn't affect me at all, which is suprising as my skin is unusually sensitive to that. This is paraben free (yay!) contains no mineral oil.
The pads do stick together, but they are soft and provide very gentle exfoliation so I don't mind spending a few extra seconds pulling them apart. I only use them on my left cheek, so I have cut the pads in half-they last even longer. My skin is already seeing an improvement in texture and less redness, but I see no differance in scarring yet. Will update after my jar is empty.
ETA UPDATE: HG STATUS. Along with Stridex pads and Etsy's Good4You's Salve-ation, my acne is GONE and scarring is down 50%.
I love you C.booth!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is from the new line of skin care exclusive to and developed for RiteAid stores. I just finished a jar of 50, that cost $14. The ingredient profiles for the products is very promising.

The toner pads contain water, aloe, glycolic acid, glycerin papain, butylene glycol, polysorbate 20, panthenol, tocopherol, and then a Looong list of botanicals like Birch, Camelia, Licorice, Tea Tree, etc, etc., etc.. There are a few chemicals again at the end, but they have low hazard ratings according to the SkinDeep cosmetic safety database, if you are paying attention to that sort of thing.

I have never gotten into using toner regularly, but because this was a pad, I decided to try as it seemed easy to integrate into my routine with ingredients that could be helpful to a 42 yr old. They are mildly fragrant, with tea tree- minty notes that are not harsh or menthol dominated. They have a very soothing, aroma-therapy scent and a pleasure to feel, leaving my face clean, but never stripped, and soft. These would be great to keep in the car or office.

The packaging is the lightest weight plastic possible. I'm not a package snob, as long as the package serves the user well and protects the product, and this one is just inside that line. The pads themselves are very thin, with a smooth surface on both sides, and about 2 inches in diameter. They stick to each other like glue and take precious seconds of screwing around to separate. A larger pad, with some texture on at least one surface would make this more user friendly.
I checked 'yes' to buying this product again, because I will keep these for 'on the go' occasional use. But, as much as I like the toner, the process of getting the pads apart is too much for this working mom to deal with for daily routine.