October 30, 2014 | 1300 users online

Blush - 100 Percent Pure - Fruit Pigment Lip & Cheek Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by isabella8

This is fantastic! I was looking to find a replacement for the Tarte cheek stain I've been using forever. I wanted to switch over to more natural products and I'm so happy I found this blush. I bought it in Grapefruit Pink and it gives my cheeks a subtle pink glow (I'm MAC NC25). I find that a little goes a long way with this product. It's easy to apply and I love how compact it is. I've been using this daily for months and it hasn't broken me out, whereas the Tarte one has broken my cheeks out occasionally. I also like that it's easy to twist more product up or down, unlike Tarte where I can only twist up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

The pink grapefruit color of this product is my all-time favorite blush. I have fair skin that darkens a bit in summer. My problem is that products for truly fair skin do not show up on me. The bought the Peach color of this blush & ended up returning it; it didn't show up on me at all. The Pink Grapefruit is just right. I have a really pretty, pinky sheen to my cheeks that makes me look very youthful. It does have a slight sheen, which I really like, but if you have very oily skin, you might be better served with their powder blushes. I have combination skin, so my cheeks are usually dry. I put my make-up on around 5:30 AM every morning and this blush is still there at 5:30 PM when I'm driving home from work. The tube looks small but you actually use very little, and it should last a while. I will definitely buy this again. The natural ingredients and cruelty-free aspect were actually what got me to buy in the first place. Great product line.
**UPDATE** I find myself reaching for this blush almost every day. I absolutely love it. I can't recall when I first wrote this review or made this purchase, but even with near-daily use, I am still on my first tube, so it definitely was worth the asking price. I have tried it on my lips now as well, and on me, it's a beautiful warm pink color (surprisingly matte on my lips). On my cheeks, it gives the prettiest sheer pink glow, but not too sheer that I look pale. It doesn't break me out, ever. This product will be in my beauty arsenal as long as they continue to make it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

I was hooked with this products when I first saw the thing in the website, more than a year ago. I finally got my sample of 'Pink Grapefruit' one from a friend, and bought a full tube of 'Peach Glow'.

From the 'shade' side, I can say:

I found that 'Pink Grapefruit' is too bright for my 'sawo matang' or a yellow-brown-golden-red something skin tone, thought it's quite nice for lips, but not for daily use too, because it leaves super pink stain on my lips!
As a surprise, the 'Peach Glow' which looks pale and will suit those with fairer skin tones, it suits me well! I wear this on cheeks for a day, it lasts forever (note: I apply some powder foundation after using the creamy blush)! And it looks natural, that's the best side.
What about this one on my lips? It works as a nude lip colour for me, it will give you a matte finish, that's the good side! And it's moisturizing. :)

Generally, it's good as a blush and a lip tint, depend on your needs, of course. The texture's fine, creamy, not too heavy, yes, might be a little sticky somehow but I don't mind since I get a very natural product which is animal-friendly and...it does the job! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Shelly9677

100 Percent Pure Lip & Cheek Tint feels great! I tried the sugar plum and the color is radiant and pretty on cheeks ( a bit too bright on the lips for fair skin). It lets your skin breath. . It is perfect for both dry and oily skin because it doesn't settle into fine lines nor does it run. I gave it four stars and not five because it simply does not blend well over foundation or concealer and due to sun damage on cheeks, I need to wear foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by tks243

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I got it in the cranberry colour which looks like an alarming shade of red/pink but it goes on nice. I have fair skin and it looks good on. It seems like you could get almost any colour without it looking bad, you can really control where and how heavy you want it. A little goes a very long way and one tube will probably last me well over a year. I am not sure with it being natural if you can even keep it that long but you honestly do not need much at all. I paid about $20 in Canada for it which is not bad considering how long it lasts. I find it easier to use than powder brush because it is harder to screw up with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by naturalstuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this and it will probably be the only cheek colour I ever get to the end of and repurchase! I bought this in Shimmery Strawberry, a beautiful light rosy pink perfect for fair skin. You do have to apply it properly. First few times I didn't put enough on or blend it enough so it looked shiny or the colour just faded after a couple of hours. Now I find it very easy and quick to apply, just smear it on and blend with my fingers. I find if you blend it well (just a simple rub in, nothing excessive) it will sink in nicely and stay put all day (takes a few mins to sink in after blending) if you don't blend it will look shiny and slide off. I have applied it over liquid foundation, tinted moisturiser, mineral powder foundation and on bare cheeks with no problems whatsoever. Its very buttery when you put it on and looks a bit shiny at first. Beautiful formula, its nicely moisturising but not greasy. Creates a very natural, pretty rosy glow, with a slight shimmer. I've had quite a few compliments when wearing it. Can build it up for more colour. Still looks great by late afternoon/early evening - beautiful, natural colour and no shine/oiliness. The moisture sinks in leaving soft skin and colour. Feels really good for my skin and I've noticed since I've been using this that some mild acne scarring on my cheeks has improved considerably. Feels really nice on, like I have nothing on, no horrible powdery, caked up feeling like with powder blush. Its a tint, not a stain so not super concentrated, but I have used it most days and have had mine for 3 months now. Also looks and feels great on my lips as a baby pink tint. Only downside is the packaging, the lid is very vulnerable to cracking. The price is not amazing but better than some natural makeup brands.
EDIT: I now have it in cocoa berry - even this darker shade looks great on my fair skin and I don't need to use much of this one at all to get great colour because of the stronger shade. I'm sure it would build up nicely for someone with darker skin. Its a gorgeous, more earthy shade, less shimmer than strawberry. Love it on my lips and cheeks. I'm a big fan of these.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by yuigi

I got the 'Cranberry' lip and cheek stain. The colour is very vibrant and the formula very moisturizing. I like the colour more on my lips than on my face. It gives my lips a 'just bitten' look. The packaging is cute and the size of the product is very convenient. The only suprising thing about the product was the 'amount' of product that you are actually getting. The product is only 1/4 of the actual tube. For the price of this product I was expecting for there to be more product and less wasted tube space.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by BobMoose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This felt very heavy on my skin as a blush and just kind of sat on top of it shining (not in a good way), never sinking in. I also found it very hard to apply - maybe it would work better for someone who doesn't wear it over foundation and/or powder. I liked the colors okay and preferred to wear it on my lips but don't think I would buy solely for that purpose. I like the idea of natural, fruit pigmented cosmetics and there are worse out there, but its performance definitely didn't wow me enough to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by chakans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this longlasting rouge! The color Peach Glow is the best ever!!! Perfect if you have pale skin and want to create a Doutzen Kroes/Claudia Schiffer/18thcentury-doll-kind of look. The color is wearable on both cheeks&lips.
I will repurchase until i Die!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

My first 100% Pure purchase, and one that I was very excited to make, since I just love cheek stains. I wanted to try out Pure's stain to see how it stands in comparison to Tarte's since it's cheaper (though when you take into account the size difference, it's really not).

So, I opened up my Shimmering Strawberry yesterday to test it on my hand and inner arm, but as soon as I looked at it I was like "uh, this looks kinda like my Dollface cheek stain," and opened up my Dollface to see....in their containers, they are perfect dupes of one another. When I put both stains on my arm to see if there indeed was a difference, and (to my relief) there was. They area slightly different colors: Dollface is a little deeper, and Pure has the nice shimmer added to help you "glow."

Not wearing makeup yesterday, I just figured I would try out the Pure stain on my bare cheeks. They definitely gave me a little color, and overall I have to say it's very pretty. When I put it on, though, I noticed that it was pretty sticky. Now, I wasn't worried, since Tarte's stains are a little sticky at first, but after blended, they lose that and you don't notice them on your face. After 2 hours, the Pure stain was still sticky. I'm not pleased about that. This morning I'm trying it again over my foundation, and, after an hour, again, it's still sticky. I've got to say, I'm just not impressed, and I sincerely wanted to be!

I love how natural this stuff is, I just wish the overall product was better.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No