July 29, 2014 | 2057 users online

Shampoo - Selsun Blue Naturals Dandruff Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Thought I was going to make doctor appt for my itchy bleeding scalp but used this with only conditioner on my end and my scalp feels much better... Cleaned out all the goo from my hair. I only use very high end products and maybe I had a build up on my hair. Do far I luv this. Will do a tere view later. But for now I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by huminahuminahuminahumina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With 3% salicylic acid, I think it must exfoliate my scalp. I put it in a needle-nose bottle, shake it up with some water, make parts in my hair, put it in and leave it to do its thing for about 15 minutes before getting in the shower to rinse it off. Salicylic acid is fat/lipid soluble, penetrates hair follicles and disrupts keratin build-up in the pores, and it is both comedolytic and anti-inflammatory. These are all good things, and since I've been advised to shampoo every day, I'll take a benefit and hope for a payoff down the road. Am *I* working at the wrong end of hair? No, not I. I can't feel any difference in my hair, but I think this shampoo is a complement to my ketoconazole shampoo, which I believe to be the workhorse in my scalp care regimen. It's certainly a more pleasant fragrance than the Denorex that I'm trying now.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This review is for the Selsun Blue Naturals-Island Breeze shampoo (clear 3% BHA shampoo with the green cap). I bought this to replace the Walgreens knock-off of T-Sal which seemed to stop working for me, and also to try as a body wash to treat body acne after my beloved Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Body Wash vanished from the face of the Earth. I was using a 3% BHA shampoo on occasion to help treat symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis and for a while the T-Sal seemed to work, then stopped working for me. I picked this up at my local grocery store to try out and I love it! It cleans well without overdrying, completely calmed down my scalp, and helped clear up my body acne that seemed to show up again after using the regular Neutrogena acne body wash. It also smells great. It's hard to find in local drugstores and grocery stores (they all stock the citrus one with the yellow cap) so I would definitely go out of my way to repurchase this. As long as the grocery store across the street keeps selling this, I'll be happy. (Think drugstore.com carries this one too so I have other places to buy it.) One minor gripe is the cap on this bottle is pretty flimsy and is difficult to open. I actually ended up breaking the cap when trying to dispense the shampoo. I replaced it with a flip cap from an old product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The good thing about this shampoo is it smells nice, the 3% salicylic acid is great for keeping my dandruff at bay (I don't know if I have dandruff from having hard water?). Anyway, I also used to get these hard, pimple like bumps all along my hair line and on my scalp, which was painful and irritating, but they have literally disappeared since I started using this shampoo. The reason I could not give it five lippies is because, unlike other reviewers, I DID find that this dries my hair. Even when I use a conditioner. I may have to invest in a leave-in though, because those darned bumps were painful, and I'd rather have drier hair than deal with those things again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by kat1111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I was really young I used this product one winter when I had bad dandruff and it cured it... it went away so quickly. And 9 years later I used a hair dye kit that irritated my scalp. Recently its been sooo itchy and sore and dry and flaky. So i purchased a bottle. I'm not sure if i chose the exact same one as i did before. This one is for combination/oily.... It smells GROSS. like going on its ok. Its a cool blue colour... but then half way through the day my hair smells like its burning or something.. and its like the oil activing this nasty chemical in it or something???... well my scalp feels a bit better... but I can only use this product if i'm home by myself for a couple days..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love that it has 3% salicylic acid in it. Great if you have acne prone skin or scalp. It's a great exfoliator for the skin and scalp. It removes oily residue, styling products, and leaves my hair soft and manageable. Salicylic acid is considered a beta hydroxy acid and is found in anti-acne body washes, shampoos, toners, etc. I even use this shampoo as a body wash on my back and shoulders for those little bumps that show up during the summer. If you have Seborrhea, especially around the hairline, this is a great shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I have super itchy scalp and this has helped me alot. My hair is too dry to use this everyday but it has relieved itch, which was driving me nuts. Love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

Although I have found some relief using H&S Dry Scalp shampoo, which contains 1% pyrithione zinc as the active ingredient, I wanted to see if Selsun Blue (SB) Naturals for Itchy, Dry Scalp, which uses 3% salicylic acid, works better. The light citrus scent was nice, but even though the bottle says it contains an "extra hydrating formula to help stop dry scalp itch," I didn't experience any additional relief as compared to H&S. In fact, I had a few pimples pop up along my hairline just before I started using SB; I thought for sure the salicylic acid, common in many acne products, would clear them up quick - it didn't. I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Has an Island Breeze scent. This does not contains selenium as the active ingredient like Selsun blue normally uses. Instead it contains salicylic acid to gently exfoliate scalp flakes. This does not dry out my hair and seems to be helping with my dry, itchy scalp. I find this to be more moisturizing the Neutrogena's T-gel shampoo which also contains salicylic acid as the active ingredient but is very drying on my hair.