Bonne Bell m&m's LipSmacker

on 5/29/2012 11:07:00 PM

I got this in a three pack with blue,red,and green.They're all the same scent.I hate the smell and people around me have complained when I put it on.The good news is that the smell fades very fast, it moisturizes your lips,and makes them shiny and lightly tints them brown (brown color fades quickly).
I wouldn't buy this at full price but if it was on sale for $1 I would.

on 12/1/2011 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this product from M&M World in Las Vegas in a pack with two lipglosses [mint/chocolate and strawberry/chocolate] and unlike the previous reviewer, my tube had a plain lid.

The balm is scented and flavoured with coconut and chocolate, so its not like actual M&Ms [unless I've missed a new variety?] and should be marketed as a Bounty LipSmacker. The balm doesn't tint my lips with any colour, unlike other varieties in the LipSmackers range. It does make my lips shiny, but this effect wears off within five minutes.

It does do it's job OK and keeps my lips moisturized and chap free during these colder months, but the balm does seem to need reapplying more then the other LipSmackers I've used and it seems 'softer' too.

For me the chief appeal of Bonne Belle's LipSmackers is the taste/smell. So whilst it is a pretty good basic lip balm, it's not something that I'll buy again.

on 5/8/2008 11:48:00 PM

I've been on the hunt for the perfect chocolate-flavored lip balm for the longest time. Bonnebell's m&m's Lipsmacker seemed like a logical choice since I'd seen it at NYC's m&m world store. I ended up purchasing a threepack on sale at my local CVS during a sale, as the NYC store's markup, naturally, was about 100%.

The threepack came in 3 "colors": red, green, and blue, with the outside tube decorated with the respective colored animation (like, the green one was the female one). The packaging is very cute; the top of the cap has a little round plastic piece resembling a real m&m on it. I thought the different colors smelled differently, but they didn't.

In fact, the three smelled exactly the same, but they didn't smell like m&ms at all. When I first applied it, my ex-bf said, "Who's eating Tootsie Rolls?" Yes, this smells exactly like Tootsie Rolls. A nice scent, but not the kind of chocolate I'd hoped. It smells nice and glides on really slick, kind of like the old Starburst Lipsmackers I loved (the kind in the squared tubes). Unlike the Starburst ones, though, these burn my chapped lips, so I can't wear it to heal my lips, only to maintain their unchapped condition.

The product, since it's so glidey, can easily melt in your...pocket (you thought I was going to say hand, didn't you?). My second tube actually melted after it was left on my desk in INdirect sunlight. I applied it, and a penny-sized glob rolled onto my lips and hardened into a semisolid as it cooled. Not good; I ended up pitching that one. So if you buy this, keep it in a makeup bag and away from heat.

The product gave lips a nice brownish tint to make it look finished but not heavy.

Overall, the product was only average. This time, the scent doesn't warrant me overlooking its average performance. Sorry Bonnebell.

Popular Lip Treatments