Duri-Rejuvacote

4.7

Ethyl Acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, toluenesulfonamide/formaldehyde resin, isopropyl alcohol, n-butyl alcohol, trymethyl penthanyl, dissobutyrate, camphor, hydrolized wheat protein, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolized soy protein, calcium pantothenate.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There's more than one place to review this on here and I originally put it in another place....another place where there were just a few reviews and they weren't good. Which floored me because this stuff is the BOMB and has saved my nails!!!! I've already repurchased and still have a bit less than half a bottle left. Let me tell you how damaged my nails were. Both thumbnails had a split that just never went away. I mean, for probably 4 YEARS, I've had short thumbnails because of these splits that would catch on something and I'd have to trim them down to nothing. But the splits still persisted. Not only that, but all my nails peeled. Which meant my polish never stayed more than a few days without chipping because a piece of a layer of my nail would peel off -- which in turn made them weak and very prone to breaking. I saw a great review for this on MUA and figured I'd give it a shot. I purchased Duri Rejuvacote on Amazon and I believe it was around $8.00...cheap as far as I'm concerned. I honestly didn't have high hopes because nothing has every worked -- no product or home remedy has helped. I wasn't impressed at first...my nails for the first 3 weeks or so were much the same, but I kept using it because it was there and I used it as a base coat. You're also supposed to paint it on every other day as a top coat, which I did more to get some shine back than anything else -- it does have a shine and it dries quickly (another plus). After about the 3rd time (3 weeks or so...I paint my nails weekly), I noticed something amazing....the splits in my thumbnails are gone. And the peeling is disappearing. My nails look healthy!!!! I don't get it....I mean, I still don't understand what's in this stuff that fixed my nails!!! All I know is that they're growing and longer than they've been in a very long time. My thumbnails are finally not trimmed to the quick!!! For me, this worked beyond my wildest dreams!!! If others do not have the same result, perhaps they're not giving it enough time (3 weeks minimum for me) or using it as intended. My nail routine:
1. Remove old polish.
2. Push back and trim cuticles.
3. Moisturize entire nails with Sally Hansen cuticle oil...I rub it all over the nail.
4. Wash hands with soap and water to remove oil.
5. Brush on Duri Rejuvacote.
6. Brush on 2 coats of any nail polish (am partial to OPI and Sally Hansen Salon Manicure).
7. Brush on Duri Rejuvacote again as a top coat.
8. Brush on Duri Rejuvacote every other day or whenever I see my manicure dull.

My nails are at a length now that I have to trim them...I don't like super long nails as I work on a computer all day long and they're not practical. My nail polish lasts for an entire week and I'm not losing layers of nail. I don't think my nails have every been this strong. This works for me and I will buy it forever and ever. P.S. I swear I do not work for this company -- it's just a stellar product in my opinion! :-)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

TL;DR: Rejuvacote peels on contact with water, and cannot prevent yellowing under polish.

Some specifics about my nails first: I have no nutritional deficiencies. I do, however, have a chronic illness that requires several medications, and I take medications several times per day. Changes in my disease and in medications cause changes in my nails. Sometimes they are very, very soft. Sometimes they are so thin I will tear them washing my hair. (So frustrating, because I have fine, spiderweb-invisible type strands. How are the strong enough to cut ANYTHING when wet?) However, most of the time they are peel-y.

Enter my problems with Duri Rejuvicote. 1) I don't want to use this as a base coat. It's too thin and would never prevent yellowing. And I'm afraid it wouldn't do any good on top of all the layers I use. I'm working to come up with a middle ground. 2) This stuff peels every time it hits water. As soon as I wash my hands, Rejuvicote is lifting off the tips - where my peeling occurs. It also peels in response to the humidity in my rubber gloves when I'm wiping counters, loading the dishwasher, etc.

I wanted to try this and see how it compares to my long-standing favorite Quimica Alemana. Quimica thickens soooo quickly, though, and I don't always need it. So I typically use it once, maybe twice, then am left with half a bottle of a gooey, stringy mess than thinning drops don't quite make right.

I'm going to keep working with Rejuvicote to see if it can work for me. At the same price point as Quimica, it can't hurt.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

"From Dying Nails To Nails To Die For" is a very accurate slogan Duri lives up to. If you are not a chemical-sensitive and overly-cautious diva, you need this in bulk, because you are guaranteed a Naily Godmother status upon gifting it to all of your struggling friends. Use exactly as directed: freshly manicured base followed by a religious 7 day reapplication and removal. Too good to be true? I was determined to prove that and ended up looking like an idiot with perfect Essie Bordeaux fingernails that outlasted a week of dishwashing, cleaning, gardening and countless picking and prying. Shellac what?! Just make sure to add a fresh THIN coat first thing in the morning in order to prolong the life of your manicure; it dries in a flash so there's virtually no waiting. Despite the healthy lifestyle, my nails are as fragile as butterfly wings and this is the only thing I rely on in order to have nails that look like overlays.

IMPORTANT: after 7 days you MUST remove the nail polish and give your hands a break for at least 24 hours before reapplying. Ideally, you will do this before bed time, give your hands a nice oil soak and let nature do its magic as you rest. For the remainder of the month you are to use this only as a base coat and if your nails are still not as strong as you'd like them to be, reduce the reapplication to maximum of 3 times a week, as excess formaldehyde will turn your nails from hard to brittle, destroying all your efforts.

DOWNSIDE: because this is a formaldehyde-containing polish, it will get thicker and harder to apply halfway through the bottle. Since I repurchase this all the time, I don't bother diluting. I wait until I have at least two bottles, add a chopped garlic clove (degermed, please!) into one bottle, top it with contents of the other, leave it in a dark place and forget about it for 7 days. Voila! Garlic treatment you read and heard about without wasting a perfect bottle of base coat on.

Only strengthening polish that works! I used to have very flaky and soft nails. With this product my nails are strong, long and beautiful. I now get comments on them regularly.

Rejuvacote improves natural nail color and looks beautiful over polish is looks similar to a gel manicure. I have been using this product for months, initially it required daily application but now my nails are strong on their own provided I apply a base coat every week or so. I will be repurchasing this product very soon.

When I was looking around for a popular (and one that works!) nail growth/strengthener/hardener, I stumbled upon Duri Rejuvacote, which boasts as being a nail growth system. It worked for a bunch of people and for that reason, I caved and bought it.

Now I'm days short of a month of usage on and off (consecutively for a few days, then under my nail polish, sometimes with Nail Envy on top, etc) and I've noticed a significant growth! My nails used to break and snap off, becoming soft in the water (Fun story- I snapped all of the nails on my right hand washing my hair once.) but after using this, I've noticed they're stronger than ever and hardly ever bend. I can put these through a hair-wash and still have my length!

For me, I've got about a 2mm-3mm growth on my ring fingers, and these usually only got to half of a millimetre on average! My nails no longer look like stumps so this is now one of my cult must-haves! HG STATUS!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish I had tried this sooner! Great as a base coat and I've had no breaks, splitting or peeling since using regularly. It's magic.

Before I was using Orly Nailtrition topped by Barielle Argan fortifier topped by Fiberglass Network and using Mavala Scientifique every two weeks, which is really hard to keep off the surrounding soft tissue.

Duri Rejuacote I works better than anything I have tried. I have healthy nails that don't peel or split for the first time in my life. Definitely need one backup on hand minimum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolutely amazing! Follow the directions on the package. Use as a base coat, apply polish over it, and use as a top coat. Then add another layer every day for 7 days or until you feel like changing polish, and repeat! It's just as shiny as most of my other top coats, and dries quickly, too. Additionally, putting on one more coat each day makes my polish last much longer than usual! I have been using Rejuvacote off and on for a couple of months now, and it has helped my nails grow in stronger and longer than they have in a long time. Would recommend to anyone!

I'm going to sound like I work for this company but I don't. I'm a nurse and I change polish about every week.

I loved how effective the original version was for strengening my nails, but I was weary of the ingredients.
They now have rejuvenate 2 which is 3 -free. Not sure what other two chemicals are but it is definitely formaldehyde free.
They must be listening to their customers.
I apply thin coat on top of my manicure every day or every other day. I apply thick coat to my right second and third nail as those chip very easily on me.

I order from nailpolishcanada.com
$12.95 same as original.
Get two and it's free shipping in Canada.

More info: www.duri.com - See more at: http://www.happi.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2013-04-18/duri-debuts-rejuvacote-2/#sthash.ETG4haQa.dpuf

In 2000, Duri Cosmetics launched its Rejuvacote nail treatment. Now, Duri’s founder and chemist Faina Ritz has created Rejuvacote 2, a new "super" version with a powerful formula designed for more “sensitive” nails. “The formulation for Rejuvacote 2 was developed for users who experience skin reactions and irritations from anything including some naturally derived ingredients,” said Ritz. “We wanted to create a product that could provide a nail treatment usable for the people with more sensitive skin and nails.“ According to the company, the unique formulation is designed to not only extend the life of a manicure, but to ward off dryness and encourage strong, healthy nails to grow. The intensive strengthening formula contains keratin and calcium to mend split nails.

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

BUY THIS!!!!
You can not go wrong!

When I took off Acrylic nails, my own nails were paper thin!

This product saved my nails, and I will NEVER be without it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

as long as i can remember, i've always had pathetic nails (& i'm not a nail biter), but thanks to rejuvacote, i finally have real, functional nails! i've been using this product as a base coat for about 2 weeks & my nails are growing like crazy! they're no longer splitting or bending or peeling or breaking like usual. this stuff is truly a godsend. i will forever repurchase!