August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - 'Green Room Collection' Hybrid 2-in-1 Luminizing Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Martigras

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the 'Bare Canvas' and like it a lot. Being older, it does add a bit of the lost luster my skin used to have.

I do however, squirt it into my hand 1st and mix it up before applying it.

I don't remember exactly what I pd. for it on eBay but it wasn't overly priced in my opinion. I buy all my Smashbox, among other brands and items there, finding my desired product, putting in a search for it, finding the best deal. I always use the 'Buy it Now' feature, not wanting to "dink around with bidding". WHEN I WANT IT, I WANT IT. Its just not worth waiting 5-7 days to find out that I saved a whooping $.50 on it or lost it.

Just added more on this review on 11/8. I find myself using this a lot more frequently now, as a foundation. It seems to give me a wonderful glow and DH has commented on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have never bought something with the word "luminizing" in it.
after have tried this i will never go back to matte and flat kind of makeup again.
I have notived, when looking around, almost all "luminizing" products out there gives a pink finish. Why should everybody, wanting a luminizer, want a pink finish? Thats why i wanted to try this out. Especially since im an NC25 girl . Its also absorbed to the skin easily.
Although its not something you wear on its on, espesially since its a primer. But under makeup, your skin will look absolutly flawless and healthy.

(The only thing is that i wish it was oil free) and cause of that, i will give it a 4 in overall rating.

Im stuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by MissBaseball

Hate the packaging! I find it really hard to get primer without getting an excessive amount of luminizer. A little goes a loooong way with the luminizer - it turns in to a shiny metallic mess if too much is used. This also feels really heavy on my skin - I feel like I'm suffocating when i wear it. I typically like smashbox, but I just can't get in to this - I have almost a whole tube left and I doubt I will use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gets 4 lippies from me, because I love the products individually. I could not get a hang of the dispensing method of the 2-in-1 and ended up giving it to a gleeful friend of mine, who adores it.

Word of warning: Go easy on the Artificial Light or you'll end up looking likea female C3PO. Its full on metallic shine!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It makes my skin look glowing. I can wear it over TM and dust some powder over it for a natural look or wear it under my foundations. It adds the perfect amount of glow to my skin. It is not frosty or glittery. When you first squeeze it out, it looks shimmery, but when it goes on, it is really natural. As if there was a soft light glowing under the skin. I have NC 37 ish skin with both yellow and pink tones in my skin and this primer is perfect. I find that many luminizers have either pink or silver/pearl or gold but this one looks like it has all the colors in one. My only gripe is the packaging which is a pain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also got this with the Masters Collex like the below reviewer, except I have not had any issues with it except the uneven distribution of primer-to-luminizer. Luckily, I figured out to cover one hole or the other when dispensing pretty quick so there was not a lot of product loss or uneven usage. I have not experienced any of the aforementioned pilling, and I apply it over my moisturizer w/ sunscreen so I'm layering which is when I expect that to happen. I suspect people are applying way too much of this which is easy to do (I did at first and it never really sank into my skin which was the first clue, so I blotted a bit then did the rest of my mu). Because it works so well for me I would repurchase this by itself when I run out because it really does make my foundation go on nicer, last longer, pores minimized, all that jazz. I don't have particularly oily skin so I can't speak to that aspect of it, but it does make my skin look brighter, airbrushed, and feel really soft. I've tried quite a few primers and so far, this is my favorite and worth the price because a little goes a long way, even with daily use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is a fun extra, but I would not purchase it again on my own, because it doesn't make a significant enough impact or change on my makeup for the price. This came in a Smashbox Master's Class Complexion Perfection set from Sephora. It goes on silky smooth like other Smashbox primers and the luminzer adds a slight shimmer. Also, mix the primer and luminzer together before applying to your face. I have experienced problems other reviewers have had--un even dispensing and pilling. I've tried squeezing the tube from the top middle and that doesn't work for me. TO GET EVEN DISPENSING COVER ONE HOLE AND SQUEEZE OUT THE PRIMER AND LUMINIZER SEPARATELY. It took me awhile and a lot of wasted product to figure this out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is a so-so for me because it does have a few downsides. I find it pretty when it goes on and when my skin is on the drier side it helps to hydrate it. The tube is a little hard to maneuver which is a definite downside. I always squeeze out more of one part over the other. I also find it sometimes feels greasy when it first goes on. So I usually give it an extra minute to dry. I have tried it with a Smashbox foundation and it is ok, but I prefer the Primer Light better. I also used it with a Make Up For Ever foundation and thought the combination worked better together. I vary between this primer and the Light primer from Smashbox. I think I will buy it again if it comes with the kit I like. A good size and you do not have to use much of this primer to have a good look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by llquak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this for $15.99 on ebay after reading about it in MORE magazine. Love it-great for 40-something skin that is clear but needs a little help in the " glow" department. You do have mix it on your hand first to make sure you have equal parts before you apply it to your face. I've been wearing it under Bare Minerals Medium foundation and the compliments are coming left and right!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jenniferedge

This primer is okay.. but the packaging sucks! I can never get a equal amount of both sides and it just feels kind of wierd on my face, I will continue to use it until i finish it up, but I will not be repurchasing