Inglot Single Eye Shadow - Matte, Pearl or DS

on 1/19/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's easy to become excited about this brand - with its wide range of colors and the freedom palettes. I ordered 10 matte colors online: 328;330;341;344;349;350;352;354;358 and 390. Truth be told, I was looking for similar shades found in the Stila In the Know palette (clay, desert, rain, wind and air) but with better quality as I have found Stila shadows to be powdery/dusty. The Inglot shadows turned out to be all disappointments both in texture and pigment. The texture was more powdery than Stila, with little color payoff and difficult to blend. The pigments, once applied over UD primer, were barely discernible. Also, the colors seemed much lighter once on than in the pan, and, upon seeing the pigments in person, they appeared much lighter or muted than on both the Inglot home site and Beautylish (not sure how they were able to apply enough pigment so as to be visible in the swatches on the website)! Anyone who has used high quality eyeshadows and expects the same quality from Inglot will probably be disappointed. However, given the relatively low prices, if you modify your expectations to be in line with the price range of this brand, it's a fun concept.

on 1/14/2015 4:30:00 PM

I was trying to think of the best way to post this review, and decided that instead of posting reviews for each eye shadow, I will post 1 review for my collection. I have 10 shadows, and I put them in a 10 pan freedom system palette.
My shadows are as follows:
355M-all over matte cream
337M
357M—this is a couple of shades darker than 337M. They are both warm tones. This one reminds me of Makeup Geek frappe.
458DS—dark brown/black with shimmer
461DS
402P—this is a dark taupe pearl. It has a significant amount of fallout, and good pigmentation. People raved about this color, but I prefer 461DS. It is in the same color family but lighter and more versatile for my N/NW10-15 skintone (less fallout too).
30S—pale gold frost. This one has the most fallout of all of my shadows, and it isn’t very pigmented. I bought it to use as a highlight on my brow bone. This is probably my least favorite of the 10 shadows.
605P—this is a beautiful burnt orange/rust with fine shimmer. It might look like a scary color, but it warms up any look.
327M—chocolate brown matte.
318M—white matte. Very nice browbone highlight.
I find a lot of the colors are not very pigmented and hard in texture, so they require a lot of swipes to pick up any color. 355M is a good example of this. I also had to purchase mine online, and prefer Beautylish to Inglot’s own site. I found that Beautylish went out of their way to represent the colors accurately. I also watched a ton of YT videos before I purchased my shadows. Some of them were very helpful.

on 10/19/2014 11:10:00 AM

Great quality for a price - this is what I think about Inglot eyeshadows.

I do like the variety of colors, textures and finishes. I don't own any matte shadows - but even if you are looking for something in-between like a matte with a bit of shimmer - go for D.S. type

If you love MAC veluxe pearl - you will adore Inglot's Pearl type of eye shadows

AMC is basically your multidimensional eye color and I honestly love these just as much because they are very pigmented and vibrant colors.

For a full on review & swatches on Inglot eyeshadows as a whole, head here:

on 4/1/2013 2:12:00 AM

My cousin bought these eyeshadows for me as a little present and I'm so glad she did! I'm from Vancouver Canada and we don't have inglot stores anywhere near my city :( so when I finally got to try this product I'm so hooked!
The colour payoff is worth it and they're also very vibrant!
I don't know how much my cousin paid for these but I hope she didn't spend too much.

on 2/15/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

After all the Inglot hype here, on blogs and on YouTube, I caved and went to the Times Square location to buy some brighter colors since I wear mainly neutrals. I bought five colors and while they're highly pigmented, they don't really show up on my eye unless I pack them on in several layers. I have a mixture of DS, pearl and matte shades and none is truly sensational though they seemed to swatch well in the store.

I even use a great eye primer (alternating between LORAC and NARS brands) and neither really improves the application. Mind you, I'm used to Ben Nye's WYSIWYG colors that are vibrant, blend like a dream and really pop on my dark skin. I haven't had this much trouble getting good e/s application since I used drugstore brands.

Lesson learned: don't believe the hype.

on 1/21/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is for the custom e/s palettes you can make with the single shadows.
I wanted so much to love these e/s and was so excited to purchase them when I was in the states but every colour I picked crease on me no matter what kind of base I used. I don't think it works with my chemistry :( I picked 5 shadows, a mix of mattes and slightly shimmery, from light beige to a shimmery plum colour.
The colours are beautiful, the payoff is great. They are very buttery shadows but not too soft when product goes everywhere. I love the customization of the palettes and the packaging is very nice and secure.
I gave the palette to my sister and she loved it.

on 1/15/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally stopped by the Inglot counter here in San Diego after reading all the primarily positive reviews. I wanted to go to the store which is an hour+ away from me so I decided I should buy a small 10 pan here before taking the trip to Newport Beach just in case. I'm glad I know what to expect now. I admit, I was disappointed....

I'm 35 and used MAC for a long time. For a while, that was all I used until Sephora started springing up everywhere. (Thank Goodness). Eventually I phased out of MAC; 1. Because they got boring. 2. I can't handle the attitude of the counter or stores' staff. 3. Because of the move to the China markets (animal testing). That was the nail in the coffin for MAC.

I was so surprised when I swatched the Inglot shadows onto my hand and they were, well, dry. I was expecting "buttery smooth" and "creamy". I thought all the formulas were very very dry. Like, unusually so. Very strange formula. They are unusual because they do have good pigmentation. And they seem more or less finely milled, but just...dry.

I only bought 7 shades at Macy's in anticipation of going to the store. And I thought, well, maybe my hands are dry or something but no.. got them home and they were the same on my eyes. I consider Urban Decay to be creamy and soft, layerable and blendable. I just can't wear all that shimmer, so Inglot was going to be my Holy Grail.

I will try again at the store and maybe have a pro help me pick out the best colors but overall, I wasn't blown away. But because I am a palette junkie i will try again...

on 1/14/2013 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in love with Inglot. Their mascara, their eyeshadows, everything. I have three Inglot eyeshadows, a shimmery blue that comes off as green, a shimmery purple, and a shimmery light yellow. They're all gorgeous with fantastic color payoff. They're the richest most pigmented eyeshdaow that I've ever used. Although I've never tried a Mac eyeshadow, apparently these are better. I can see that being true, as these are beyond amazing. I'd go back to NYC simply to go back to Inglot! (although I adore the entire city ^.^)

on 1/8/2013 11:26:00 AM

Best eye shadow that I have ever had. I would recommend to everyone!

on 12/27/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

These eye shadows are all round great products. Honestly they last as long as my MAC's, Dior's, Chanel's, YSL's and even Bobbi Brown eye shadows. I have the pure pigment shades 37, 69, 12, 68, 62 and 49. In the pressed pigments in a freedom system I might add, I have Pearl 409, AMC shine 30, pearl 406, pearl 402 and pearl 207. They make lovely eyeliners, highlighters around my mouth, inside the corners of my eyes and under my brows. They all last quite a while and with my NARS eye primer they last all night long. I just wish Inglot made more matte colours. I would honestly suggest these to anyone.

Top Rated Inglot Products