October 1, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Care Sun SPF 25

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

This is basically a stick of sunscreen for your lips. Completely white, greasey feeling, and mine expired before I used it more than twice (before I knew how terrible I looked with it). It may have SPF in it, but there are so many other lip products that have SPF in it that do not look pure white...definitely do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is terrible! It's chalky white when you apply it and it doesn't apply smoothly at all. It gives you the dead look if you know what I mean. It also feels very dry - probably from the zinc oxide.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

WARNING. This product will leave white streaks on your red lips! Don't expect others to ignore your look. You will get many weird stares and questions if you go out on the street.

After reading some 3.0-4.0 reviews on MUA, I tried their suggestion and used lipstick on top of this lip balm. well, the white streaks were dyed red, looking much less hideous than before, but still the lip balm is still visible in the form of red balm/flakes as if you applied 3X the normal amount of lipstick.

OKay, this is 1 of the 3 products that destroyed my confidence in NIVEA... I am still fond of many other NIVEA lip balms and a few of their body wash products but I will think twice * twice before I purchase anything new from this brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

"OMIGOD, what kind of stupid lip balm is this?" That's exactly what I thought upon application. I thought it was going to be clear but it was so white and opaque! I threw it out immediately. Where am I ever going to wear this?
I would never repurchase this. Never.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

If your looking for a moisture lip balm, dont buy this. But as a sunscreen its actually good. My only problem is this stuff looks matte on lips and since its yellow, my lips look 'pale' and gross. so dont over apply. But overall, I dont regret this. Smells like vanilla. Its okay as a lip product. Would I repurchase? Not really.
Check out my review on other lip products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by geegerrl

worst lip balm I've ever tried. i bought this since i wanted a lip balm with SPF but this left me looking like i had no blood on my lips, the color was just pale while. it does not moisturize at all, my lips were dry like i wasn't wearing any lip balm. threw it away in the trash after one use. will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed lip protection for when I'm swimming and this is the best lip sunscreen I've tried. It does make my lips whitish but that doesn't bother me as long as it's waterproof. I also sometimes wear it under lipstick. It doesn't change the color of my lipstick at all and actually makes my lipstick glide on more smoothly. I think it's a nice product for the price, will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i had read about this balm (spf 30) being prized in places other than the US (where it had been, until relatively recently, unavailable) and i had wistfully thought to myself i'd buy it the moment i ever saw it in stores--and i did exactly that. i live in hawaii and i've tried a good number of higher spf lip balms. this one is among the best in terms of texture, smell, taste, spf level. most lipbalms w/spfs higher than 15 that i've tried feel like crayon being scraped on the lips. nivea spf 30, in contrast, is very comfortable and smooths on very easily. i find it completely indispensible for me and my sweetie, especially on active days in or out of the water. i wouldn't wear this if all i needed was something to make my lips soft because it definitely has a tangible white cast. (duh--physical sunscreen!)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If I don't use this product my lips get sunburn. It is a little streaky but I think that depends on how much you apply (I cake it on) but it's nothing extreme. You're wearing suncream on your lips so what do you expect. It smells nice (vaguely of cocoa butter) and protects your lips wonderfully. I thnk Nivea have improved this product over time. It doesn't melt in extreme heat (Vaseline I'm looking at you) and protects your lips. It does what it's supposed to.
EDIT: I've severely reduced my score after I found a great spf lip treatment: Simple - Sun Sensitive Protecting Lip Balm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely DISGUSTING. I am so disappointed in Nivea for producing this as I have always been a fan of their lip products. First off this leaves your lips with an awful pale-purple cast that makes you look ill. Secondly it is not moisturizing whatsoever and thirdly it tastes funny. I only wish I went on makeupalley and checked this out before purchasing it....