September 30, 2014 | 1343 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not quite sure how to rate this, simply because the shimmer is the most finely milled i have experienced of her shimmer blushes. So formula wise, definitely a 5/5, however this was too ashy for me. It was still a very nice mauve brown, but I need more pink for my complexion. Antigua ended up doing for me what I had hoped this would. I was hoping for a pinker, less ruddy version of NARS Lovejoy, perhaps a pinker, cooler version of NARS madly. I have a strong yellow undertone with predominant surface redness, so a blush that can look "blushy" against my hand usu wears too brown/fleshy against my cheeks. This does tone down the redness in my cheeks, however there isn't enough pink to carry it off as a blush. I'd say for someone who is fair and lacking in ruddiness, I'd recommend. If you've tried other mauve-browns and they still can pull some orange tones on you, I'd recommend this shade as it's truly a neutral-cool mauve brown with no orange tones in it whatsoever.

This makes a nice contour/bronzer (ironically, Antigua does what I thought this would do and Bahama Brown does what I thought Antigua would do). I like this for formula, shimmer and subtle contour/brightening. It's such a great multi-tasker otherwise, I still give it a 4/5. This could make a nice e/s as that dab of brightening warmth just above the crease on a warmer, deep toned individual. Overall, I'd rate this at a 3/5 for my own shading, simply because this didn't perform for me as a blush *as I had purchased with the intent of,* but it was still workable: not as muddy/orange as Madly, not as ruddy/orange as Lovejoy. Def. workable for other purposes but just not the blush as I had intended, which I'm disappointed about because I love the shimmer in this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by creampuffs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the pan it looks like a taupe color but on you can pick up on the pink a little bit more. It's a nice everyday blush when applied fairly lightly. Not too in your face, which bothers me. Sometimes I pick up on the sparkles but generally it just looks like it has a nice sheen to it. Also, it doesn't make my face look ruddy like many blush colors do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by snarkiest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Try this taupe-ish brown shimmer blush for glowing soft cheekbones that will pair perfectly with fall's bold eyeshadow looks!

I love using this even during the summer months. I apply Bahama Brown shimmer blush then layer with a pop of brightly colored matte blush on the apples of my cheeks.

For bolder eyes, it is gorgeous all by itself on fair/med.fair complexions. Creates a nude-esque, dewey soft, pinky-brown shimmer of color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm starting to think Bobbi Brown is a god. Not THE God, but *a* god. (Hee hee hee, from one of my fave movies, Groundhog Day.) ANYWAY! This shade is such a surprise. Again. Who knew? It looks so blah in the pan, so *off* on my blush radar upon first consideration.....but it is *genius*. Just a gorgeous (to my eye) more "silvery" brown, as opposed to the constant golden-brown bronzer type shades. I'm so glad I tried it! It is one of those "multiple" shades. I can wear it on my cheeks, in the crease of my eye, and on the lips with a sheer shimmery white gloss over, and it looks great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm surprised there are not more reviews for this blush. It does look kind of blah in the pan, and the name "brown" doesn't quite evoke a flushing effect, but this blush is in fact quite beautiful. It applies a tawny rose color, sort of like a sunkissed blush. The shimmer is not over the top; rather, it just gives a nice glow. The texture is good - not as finely milled as a Shu Uemura blush, but fine enough, and long- lasting and pigmented without fading of oxidizing. I've never used up a blush, but if I did finish this one, I would repurchase. For reference, I have light beige skin with dark hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bronzers have either been too orange or too brown or too muddy or too sparklly on my skin and to my liking (I am NW20). This "shimmer blush" is a classy sheen of a muted tawny pink which I pair with the coral shimmer blush. I also use this product on my eyelids. It is one of the best "bronzers" I have ever purchased and would purchase again. I've used it since spring 2009 and there is not too much of a dent in the pan, however. Great product for a glowy healthy look, especially since I stay out of the sun but would like a semblance of some color in the hot summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Rivoli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful summer blush. Looks horrid in the pan, mostly brown and coppery. Once applied, it turns into a brownish reddish pinkish tan look, as if I had been out in the sun just enough to give some color. Wonderful, subtle shimmer. Package is small and convenient for travel. No mirror, no brush included (who needs them?) Relatively inexpensive ($22), looks like a lovely high end blush. No fading throughout the day. Medium pigmentation---easy to use for a subtle sweep, hard to over-do. This looks classic on me. I'll rebuy. I'm NC15.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really into neutrals: neutral eyes, neutral lips, neutral cheeks. So naturally, I am all over this neutral blush. I am not a big fan of Bobbi Brown blushes (I find that there are better blushes out there for less money), but I have a backup of this one! It's a gorgeous color that gives that healthy glow that most people yearn for. However, I deduct a lippie because of the shimmer factor. It's called a "shimmer blush" and it lives up to that expectation. Shimmery....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW, let me tell you that when the SA wanted to try this on my light, cool-toned skin, I thought "No way!" but upon application it looked fabulous. Bahama Brown works as both a bronzer and a blush for me. It has just enough pink, peach, mauve, and brown in it to make a beautiful, nude, flushed look. It was just the color I was looking for, very natural and glowy. It is a shimmer blush, but it gives a "glow from within" look rather than looking glittery and garish. I can tell it's very high quality because it's so silky upon touch and it only takes a little bit to get pigmentation. I think this would be a GREAT color for brunette ladies. The only issue I have with it is that it is $$$ ($23.71 with tax) but I've heard Bobbi lasts a while. :) Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a blush that I've actually considered repurchasing (and I haven't repurchased a blush ever in my life yet). It's a gorgeous unique colour that looks great for nude/natural looks. It's a perfect blend of pink, brown, bronze and mauve. I discovered this blush when I bought the Beach Beauty Face Palette (which btw I totally love & wished it wasn't discontinued) in 2005 (i think). It has a hint of shimmer but it, as the other MUAers have mentioned, doesn't show up as shimmer. To me it shows up more like glow from within sort of effect. I normally pair this with nude/brown/pink lipsticks (similar to the l/s in the Beach palette). Will try it as a bronzer next (as someone mentioned it can be worn as such too). Either way I simply love it! Will repurchase always! EDIT: I did like this but I think this makes me look older as it clashes with my NC 20 skintone. Too muddy looking for me.