October 25, 2014 | 864 users online

Concealers - Lise Watier - Anti-Wrinkle Firming Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mmegardiner

Goes on great, matches beautifully, doesn't crease or chalk up, looks natural and perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Krunce

I've been using this product as a base/primer for the eye area and it works wonders. It's not hard to match this product up to your skin tone, and once you do, it brightens and evens beautifully. The forumula is light weight, and combined with either an applicator sponge or just your fingertip if you need to, it dries almost instantly and it never cakes or wrinkles.
It also works wonderfully as a primer. I've seen my eye shadow last all day always.
To emphasize, this is wonderful for any eyelid discolouration, but especially for undereye circles. I was skeptical about its claim that it actually firms up the skin, but now I believe it. I usually end up with light perma-bags under my eyes, but they've been literally smoothed out while using this.

I think the packaging is fine too. Just be careful not to push up too much product or you'll waste it. It's good for bringing around with you if you need a touch up. No fuss packaging.

Edit: I don't use this product anymore because it's expensive and runs out REALLY fast. I use Lancome Effacernes instead now. Creases more, but I've had the same 14g package for 2 years...
I also can't remember exactly, but I think I might've swapped out this concealer because it's not waterproof. I bike a lot and caught this running to embarassing degrees with excess perspiration. Which is reasonable. It's just not what I need.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this about a month ago and so far I really do like it. It seemed a little too liquidy at first, as I usually lean towards creamier concealers, however this is not an issue with this product. It goes on smoothly and looks very natural. I have lots of yellow in my skin and this product comes in yellow shades, so I was able to match my skin perfectly. I fiqured the firming part of this was likely just a sales pitch, but actually I think it really does firm up the eye area a little. It's like I put it on and it looks great but within an hour or so it looks even better. The coverage is great but it feels light and natural. I'm impressed but not sure if I will repurchase as it is quite expensive for the small amount that you get.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I've been searching for the longest time for a longwearing concealer, every other concealer I've tried fades on me after a few minutes-hours. This concealer does last. It lasts and lasts, once it dries, it doesn't budge. Despite this, it's still easy to remove! Plus, it's so smooth and gentle on the eye area.The packaging for this is also to die for, it's so simple yet elegant and you click it like a pen to get the product out onto this paintbrush-like applicator.
The problem with the applicator is that a glob comes out and when you apply it underneath your eyes (I've only tried this for my dark circles and eyebags) it just turns into a mess, I've also tried with my fingers but that just made it look streaky- the consistency is kind of watery before it sets. Also, despite all my efforts the coverage is still awful- it doesn't cover my undereye circles well at all (however, I've got really heavy eyebags and circles), and it might also be because I couldn't find a proper colour match. I'm a PPP for reference but both Clair and Nude were too dark for me (Clair is more yellow-toned and Nude is more pink/peachy toned, the other 2 colours it comes in is Neutre, which is similar to Nude in my opinion only slightly darker and Miel which is darker than the other three). I think if your circles or bags aren't that heavy this would work great if you could find the right colour match. The price is expensive- $27 CAD (including taxes) for 2.5 mL. For me, I much prefer Lise Watier's Porfolio wheel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

A fabulous concealer for under eye darkness! I bought this months ago with my SDM Optimum Points, tried it once with the brush applicator, and didn't like it and so I tossed it in my "Swap Box" and didn't look at it again. Recently I bought the corresponding Lise Watier Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisturizing SPF 20 Foundation, which is my HG foundation and so I decided to give this another go.

I decided that maybe the brush applicator was my problem. So, with my clean finger I removed a dab of concealer by clicking the button on the side of this ingeniously designed pen that keeps the concealer fresh and moist, then dabbed tiny dots under my eyes before blending with my own concealer brush. After ward I smoothed with my finger by rolling from one side to the other, not patting. The result? Perfectly concealed under eye circles and banished fine lines! This concealer did not fade or crease all-day-long, thanks to the added silicone. Like my HG LW foundation, the concealer has skin feeding Toniskin and Liftiline to tone and rejuvenate. See my review of the aforementioned foundation for a full description of these agents and what they do.

I bought the shade Clair(Light) which is perfect for my NC 15 skin. Both this concealer and I are rather neutral, so it will work beautifully for both warm and cool skin tones. It is not too light, and will not turn under eye circles an unsightly grey. It's a faintly peach ivory cream shade that works magic on under eyes. I swear the French know beauty secrets they are not telling us, and peach is one I have just unearthed!

The slim slate metallic pen only contains 2.5 ml, which is expensive for $24 Cdn, so I will save this for special occasions, but it truly is fabulous. However, only a teeny bit is needed for full effect. For reference, Mac Moistureblend contains 5ml for $17.50, and has slightly less coverage and more caking. You don't need to wash the brush after using if you are not using it for application. That way you can save product as what clicks up can be saved for another day. The pen is air tight and I have had no problems with this method.

As soon as I get a better job, this will become my go-to concealer. I couldn't ask for anything better. And to think, I almost swapped it and missed out on such a fabulous product! I would not recommend using it on lids as a base as it is too moist, which is why it is so good UNDER the eyes. It also works well over top of foundation, if you like to conceal that way, and along the nose and chin.

I will repurchase this forever and I highly recommend this to all Canadians. Unfortunately for Americans, Lise Watier is only available at one little place in California as far as I can tell. Hopefully soon, US ladies will get to enjoy some of these fabulous products that we have come to take for granted.

edit: April 2/09 I am still loving this concealer. It's the best. I went through a stage where I was using Mac Moistureblend because I loved this so much I wanted to save it because it is expensive (dumb), but just came back to this and ta da! Under eye cakiness disappeared! It's like I dropped 8 years. I dab it on with it's own brush, then smooth it with the Mac concealer brush. I let it set for a minute or less, then set with a dusting of powder (Mac Blot or Physician's Formula Pearls of Perfection Highlighter). Lasts all day without a single crease. I will never buy another concealer, but I do wish they would change the packaging.