November 26, 2014 | 971 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - CRYSTAL SODA

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I grabbed this instead of my usual Bobbi Brown "bellini" lipgloss because I wanted to try something more affordable. Its a close dupe for the BB shade and I love it. When applied on top of MAC "honeylove" it definitely pulls out the peach undertone of the lipstick which I love since many of nude lippies pull either a browny mauve or a pinky nude. So this is definitely a continued must buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Crystal Soda is a sheer peachy pink gloss with silver shimmer. It smells like sweetarts, and can look good on its own or over top of a neutral lipstick. I LOVE this gloss, i like to layer alot on! I think it would look best on its own on people who have not very pigmented lips. With NYX glosses I can not stress enough, but to try them on before you buy. Try them on your lips because what may look similar and pretty in the tube can look very different on your lips. Try this gloss on first, but its defiantly an HG for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This would have been one of my favorites lipglosses by NYX had it been more opaque. Its a soft peach color (not too orange/pink) with loads of tiny gold microglitter, that really defines the cupids bow area. Sadly its too sheer & comes out almost clear on my lips with the crystals reflecting slightly in sunlight. Ill be sticking to sweetheart for now for a similar look but still reach for this to highlight the center of my lips, bottom & top; just not all over/alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought it today and wow does it look great and juicy on the lips. I agree with others who said looks great over lipstick. For the heck of it, i wore it over one of my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stains and it looked great and lasted for hours without eating. This is my first Mega Shine and I think I will be picking up more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sspearls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty sheer, sparkly lip gloss! Nyx megashine glosses tend to be very pigmented but this one is on the sheer side. It's a peach color in the tube with gold reflex that is very flattering on the lips. It has a candy scent that I like and very little taste. For reference, I have very pigmented lips and I don't see much color pay off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by manitoban3

One of my very favorite lip glosses. It is so shiny! I thought it would be way to pale for me but it looks great. IMO, no problems with the formulation, packaging, applicator or the amount of sparkles. Looks super sparkly in the tube but just comes off very shiny on the lips. Will definitely re buy and will try more Mega Shine shades too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Crystal Soda is a staple to have in your makeup collection. It's a sheer warm toned light peach with a hint of pink and a lot of sparkles. It's very subtle on it's own if you have pigmented lips. What I like about this gloss is topping it over some of my "cough" boring lipstick shades. Crystal Soda can bring almost any ho hum lipstick shade to life and make it fun and suitable for night time. On it's own, it is a nice gloss for a no makeup look. However, I do have to layer coats on to make any sort of color show up. As always, I think NYX glosses are very strong scented and not that pleasant. I would buy more of these glosses if they were unscented!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these NYX glosses. Crystal Soda is a peachy pink that has a lot of gold glitter/shimmer. It's not super pigmented, but I picked it up hoping it would be sheer. I think this is a perfect summer gloss because it just makes your lips look so nice and natural. I love wearing this when I'm going for a "no makeup look". If I pair this with neutral eyes, and peachy blush, it looks so complimentary. I would recommend any of the NYX glosses, but this is one of my favorites!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by celticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Crystal Soda is very sheer peachy pink with tons of golden glitter. This is one of those colors that look better on top of a lipstick. On bare lips Crystal Soda is almost colorless, but shines like crazy! You cannot build it up, because it's so sheer.
Another similar color is Ice Princess; it's barbie pink.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This gloss is very sheer borderline no color. Lol. If you got pigmented lips it might look like you just wear a clear, glittery lipgloss. It really is better on top of lipstick. It doesn't stay on very long on me, 1 hour tops. The cherry smell doesn't bother me but I wish it was unscented.