July 22, 2014 | 1118 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Moisture Renewal Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years with great results. My hair is shiny, generally healthy and I receive frequent compliments on how great it looks. Of course having a good cut helps but I credit Pantene for keeping it shiny and soft. My hair tends to be on the oily side, just for reference. I definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like pantene, it's just not my shampoo of choice.
I'm actually writing this in response to the person who told everyone they're full of crap and ranted like a maniac. Um...anyone can have an opinion here. It's unladylike to put strangers on blast just because you disagree.
I get that hair care is a sensitive topic--I mean, countries go to war over it all the time, which is the true story behind the Middle East conflict--but come on, really? Telling us to take our negative reviews "elsewhere"? I thought the point of this was to discuss our experiences.
Please don't hate on people with differing ideas.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised so manny people said this was a bad shampoo. I have been using this for, like, all my life and have never experienced any problems with drying hair or silicone problems.
Pros:
Helped mantain a nice hair texture
Cleaned all the sweat/oils/dirt etc. out of my hair
Had no scent (which for me is good, because I've tried some shampoos with nasty smells)
Lathered easily (yay)
The version I bought had a pump, which is always a bonus :D
Cons:
None!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Just so so and since I'm a person who cares about the smell of products a lot I have to mention this doesn't smells good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Floca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just no. It has silicone (in the form of dimethicone) combined with chloride compounds. It makes the silicone layer on your hair relentlessly. In the end, it sucks up the moisture of the hair shaft causing extreme dryness. How this works for anyone is mind boggling. It will give a very nice sleek feel to the hair when wet, but it lets all the water to evaporate leaving nothing behind. The hair ends up feeling like straw/plastic-y.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by hellen0mia

This made my hair SO DRY! Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by onmybehalf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, too, am surprised by so many negative reviews. I've used Pantene products in the past without experiencing this seemingly common buildup around the roots. I had a coupon/caught a sale (can't remember which) offering a buy one get one free on Pantene shampoo and conditioners. As my hair is long, thick, and kind of coarse, I chose the Moisture Renewal shampoo and conditioner. It smells nice and lathers up well. It may dry out my hair more than other shampoos do, but the conditioner balances it out so much that I don't notice. All in all, I'd say this is a great product. My hair is shiny, bouncy, and silky when it dries after using this shampoo and its accompanying conditioner, but again, I don't know how much of the after effects are because of the shampoo alone, the conditioner alone, or the two together.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Is this product a joke? Left a heavy wax residue on the top portion of my hair no matter how much I rinsed. Have no idea how this is on shelves.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by christinaisawesome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This would work for children 8-10 but once you hit puberty and your hair kind of changes, this isnt the shampoo for you. I am a tween, and I used a biolage shampoo and conditioner for about a week and then I used this shampoo and conditioner for a week. I noticed a very big difference. I am never going to buy Pantene again. If you are a teen, dont use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by leemitchell

First of all, Pantene does not leave waxy residue on your hair. There are a lot of myths and lies about Pantene, but it's a classic product. Consider this: there is a reason for its longevity.

I use this shampoo along with the matching conditioner. This shampoo is just OK. It's not good or bad, and I would purchase another bottle with it. It's not too drying, but the truth is, shampoo DOES dry out your hair. If you have dry hair, don't shampoo it very often. Use shampoo once a week to clear out product buildup. Otherwise, just stick to using conditioner.

Some people have qualms about silicones, but my hair loves 'em. I don't have major buildup issues, but I like the clean feeling that I get from using this product, and it works fine for my twice weekly shampoos to remove hairspray or other styling products.