September 19, 2014 | 1862 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Moisture Renewal Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

This shampoo smells fantastic and works great. The bottle is huge- it will last for quite some time. The formula is thick, spreads through hair easily, and lathers well. The scent is wonderful- it's kind of fruity and kind of grassy, and smells very much like watermelon. I have very thick, dry, wavy hair, and this left my hair clean and soft. I would definitely seek out the matching conditioner, as I'm pleased with what this does for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

There is nothing moisturizing about this shampoo at all. It is very drying to my hair. Most of the Pantene products I have tried ended up being a waste of my money. Their products simply are not moisturizing enough, for my naturally dry hair.

There are much better shampoos thsn this one on the market. Pantene does alot of msrketjng of their profucts on T.V.and within magazines, but the quality of most of the products i have tried from them is quite poor to say the least.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Annabanana030

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It gave my hair dandruff. Did nothing to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years with great results. My hair is shiny, generally healthy and I receive frequent compliments on how great it looks. Of course having a good cut helps but I credit Pantene for keeping it shiny and soft. My hair tends to be on the oily side, just for reference. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised so manny people said this was a bad shampoo. I have been using this for, like, all my life and have never experienced any problems with drying hair or silicone problems.
Pros:
Helped mantain a nice hair texture
Cleaned all the sweat/oils/dirt etc. out of my hair
Had no scent (which for me is good, because I've tried some shampoos with nasty smells)
Lathered easily (yay)
The version I bought had a pump, which is always a bonus :D
Cons:
None!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Just so so and since I'm a person who cares about the smell of products a lot I have to mention this doesn't smells good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Floca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just no. It has silicone (in the form of dimethicone) combined with chloride compounds. It makes the silicone layer on your hair relentlessly. In the end, it sucks up the moisture of the hair shaft causing extreme dryness. How this works for anyone is mind boggling. It will give a very nice sleek feel to the hair when wet, but it lets all the water to evaporate leaving nothing behind. The hair ends up feeling like straw/plastic-y.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by hellen0mia

This made my hair SO DRY! Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by onmybehalf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, too, am surprised by so many negative reviews. I've used Pantene products in the past without experiencing this seemingly common buildup around the roots. I had a coupon/caught a sale (can't remember which) offering a buy one get one free on Pantene shampoo and conditioners. As my hair is long, thick, and kind of coarse, I chose the Moisture Renewal shampoo and conditioner. It smells nice and lathers up well. It may dry out my hair more than other shampoos do, but the conditioner balances it out so much that I don't notice. All in all, I'd say this is a great product. My hair is shiny, bouncy, and silky when it dries after using this shampoo and its accompanying conditioner, but again, I don't know how much of the after effects are because of the shampoo alone, the conditioner alone, or the two together.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Is this product a joke? Left a heavy wax residue on the top portion of my hair no matter how much I rinsed. Have no idea how this is on shelves.