December 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Skincare - Body - Sally Hansen - Naturally Bare Honey Wax

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Didn't remove a single hair... I followed the instructions and tried both room temperature and warmed wax didn't change a thing. I even tried it on my face, since I figured the hair is more fine and easier to remove, but nothing the Veet strips for face worked better. :/ Waste of money. I have thick coarse black hair if that helps.

Avoid this product it doesn't do anything. At least it is easy to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ashleyford

this product worked fairly decently once i got the hang of the plastic strips and the fact that you literally have to put the thinnest amount of wax possible for it to remove the hairs... but by the time i got the hang of it, i was out of strips. i hope they start to include a bigger roll of strips or something... i only got from the knee down waxed on ONE leg. i wouldn't mind buying this again because i like that it washes off with water (unlike the parissa wax i tried the other week that was SUPER messy) but i'd stop by sally beauty supply and buy extra strips or something....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by joan32393

Use paper you guyz that funcky ass plastic shit don't work....try paper promise it workz

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Hzk

I love this waxing kit! It works very well in removing all the hairs and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft. It is important to read and use according to the instructions. I'm not sure howcome this product have so many bad reviews. I use it on my arms, underarms, legs, and bikini area. One thing to remember, that the instructions also say, is that use a small amount and spread it on the hairs. They should get flatted out with no extra smooth shiny layer of wax on top; if it's there, it means you have too much wax there and sweep some off with the spatula. Do keep in mind to wash your skin prior to waxing so that it can be oil-free, tht's how the wax can work more effectively. In my opinion,

The Pros:

-I used NADS before, which was also a great product, but twice the price of this. This was around eleven dollars at my Walgreens pharmacy whereas NADS was around 20 or 21.
-It can work at room temperature, but I prefer heating it just enough to make it less dense and easy to work with.
-A roll of transparent strips is provided, and they aren't stiff. I like to reuse some of the left over wax from the strip that I just used on one side as it helps save the roll; ofcourse reusing doesn't guarantee taking off all the hairs.
-All the hairs come off as long as the strip is rubbed well and the skin is held taught, the strip should be peeled off quickly, parallel to the skin, instead of ripping it away from the skin.
-It can be rinsed off wit water.
-Wooden spatulas provided, and a complete instructions manuel.
-My skin is sensitive to heat and the wax doesn't have to be too hot to use.
-It comes with a soothing after-wax gel which leaves the skin smooth.
-Results last up to 3-4 weeks.
-The wax has lasted me a little over 6 months since I bought it.

The Cons:

-The skin looks like it has goosebumps after being freshly waxed, this can last for about 30 mins to an hour.
-I haven't experienced this before, but I have a feeling that I might have to repurchase the pack to get more strips if I do run out of them.

In case anybody ever experienced minor pore-size blood after waxing, I had this happen, but maybe because my skin is not adapted to this kind of pressure from waxing although I've been waxing for about a year. Also, it isn't totally fragrance-free as they say, but there is a mild sugary smell, I don't mind it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst product - it does not work *at all*. I do not have especially coarse or difficult hair to remove, and have had lots of success with other kits. This literally did not remove a *single* hair. I tried rubbing the strips between my hands, and when that didn't work, warmed it up with a blow dryer, which still did not work. Ridiculous, don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by psych12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought maybe I was just unskilled in the art of waxing, but based on other reviews here, it simply doesn't work. I don't think a single hair came out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by PrettyKewl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This did not work at all. As a veteran self-waxer, I used to use the Sally Hansen "Brazilian Wax" but they must have changed their formula because suddenly hairs were not coming out like they used to, just breaking off or left behind. So I decided to find a new waxing product, one that wouldn't be difficult to use and would get the job done. That's when I came across this waste of money....and time!

This is NOT your classic sugar wax. Sally Hansen used to make a sugar wax that was pretty decent. I don't know what this is. All I know is that when I applied product and pulled the strip as directed, only a few hairs came out, the rest were left behind in a sticky mess. In short, the wax did not come off my skin. The only bonus is that it washes off easily with water. They use these weird clear plastic strips instead of the traditional cloth ones, and let me tell you, they suck. They don't do a good job of adhering to the wax at all. So I tried some cloth strips that I had, which worked a little better but still didn't get the hair.

I wish that Sally Hansen would go back to their traditional formula for the "Brazilian Wax", because that always used to work well for me. Save your money on this one ladies. The search for the perfect waxing kit continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mrslara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After trying the Sally Hansen lavender wax kit (the lavender wax is VERY hard to clean up/remove) I tried this honey wax kit. LOVE IT! Clean up is a snap because the wax washes off with water - no scrubbing or peeling off required - and depending on where you use the wax, you can even jump in the shower to rinse off instead of your body parts being glued together until you're able to pry the wax off. I hope this honey wax kit is never discontinued! I forgot to mention - this honey wax doesn't have to be heated; you can use it straight out of the tub, which my previously heated-wax-burned-skin appreciates!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by dachinkyloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not work at all!! I used it on my brows and my upper lip and it didn't grab any hairs. Next time I'll buy the regular Sally Hansen wax strips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very fine hairs so I figured I could use anything to remove my upper lip hair. No such luck. I tried my upper lip with multiple strips and nothing came off (it FELT like something came off, but my dark stache hairs were still there). I tried between my brows, and it only removed the blonde hairs, not the dark ones. I also tried the hairs above my bellybutton, again the blonde hairs were removed but not the darker ones. What a waste of a product. I did like that it was clear, however, and I could see my hairs embedded in the wax before yanking the strip off (to find that no hairs were removed - arg!).

Update: Few days later, I discover my upper lip has broken out in several small white pimples! Ahh!