Bobbi Brown desert pink

4.4

Ingredients: talc, silica, zinc starate, polyethylene, tricaprylin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, beeswax, laureth-4, peg-150 distearate, lanolin, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate. May contain: manganese violet, bismuth oxychloriede, iron oxides, red 7 lake, ultramarines, red 28 lake, red 6, yellow 5 lake, titanium dioxide, mica, yellow 6 lake, blue 1 lake, carmine.

on 5/24/2015 12:20:00 PM

Love this blush. It is a nice shade that brightens up my face while still looking natural. Love Bobbi Brown blushes and this shade is my favorite.

Considering the price of this product I was expecting a little more pigmentation. Even after vigorously swirling my brush in the blush I struggle to get any amount of colour on my cheeks! However if you are after a sheer blush the colour (when it actually shows) is very nice.

on 8/18/2011 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just started using this blush and really like it. I normally wear peachy/bronzy shades when it comes to blush, so this is a nice addition to my collection. On me, Desert Pink shows up as a muted, medium pink and it gives my cheeks a nice, natural flush. All of Bobbi's shades seem so subtle, but essential too. This has a nice color payoff that I think would good on fair to medium skintones.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Desert Pink is my first foray into Bobbi Brown blushes. I had previously been using BeneFit's "Dandelion," but the color was often too light for my (pale) skin, and the sparkles became a bit unflattering after a few hours of wear. I asked a Bobbi Brown consultant to match me with a matte pink, and she chose Desert Pink. So far, I love it! Very pigmented (a plus after "Dandelion") and looks very natural on my skin. My only complaint is that the product disperses everywhere when I swipe it with a brush - I end up having to "dab" the middle of the compact with my brush so as not to get powder all over the container, the air, the rug, etc. Very bizarre! I would definitely prefer a less shallow container so that I don't lose product. Regardless, not a deal breaker!

EDIT: This broke me out. Have moved on to Tarte blushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have several BB blushes including Pale Pink, Desert Rose, Nectar, and Pink Raspberry pot rouge. Lucky27 described Desert Pink perfectly: "It is a matte pink, less muted than desert rose, and less bright than nectar. Seems right in the middle and a great blush color addition." I like it much more than Desert Rose on my cool PPP skin, and it's a great alternative to using Pale Pink constantly.

on 11/12/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

really pretty color warms the face up looks really pretty and goes on smooth but powder ends up puffing all over the air.

on 7/28/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying that I am the jackass of blushes.. I love concealers and foundations and I'm an expert in hiding flaws.. Yet at 32 years old I do not wear blush. I never really knew how to apply it without looking like either a hooker or a grandmother.. Therefore, I finally got the courage to ask the BB salesgirl for her help. I specifically stated that I needed a blush that was "fool-proof" and she recommended Desert Pink. Love the matte natural pink tone to this blush and my husband did not even notice that I added "something" to my face.. and he notices everything. I like that its just a "whisper" of color and you can build onto it. Thanx BB. Will consider adding more colors to my no longer virgin cheeks :)

on 7/13/2010 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got this blush today in my bobbi brown haul.. it's great! It's not the color I expected though, it looks much different than the picture online. But the bobbi brown makeup artist recommended it for my coloring, and it does look good on me and suits my coloring! This blush is very good quality, looks great on, applies great, and doesn't look cakey or anything! Bobbi brown powder blush is my new favorite powder blush.. and best blush I have tried yet! I will definitely buy more of these.

on 5/13/2010 10:07:00 PM

Love it. Wore BB Pale Pink for 5+ years and bought this one to change it up. The descriptions below are accurate - matte pink. It is great on my PPP NC 25 skin (Blond hair and Green eyes). Very glad I purchased this and I use it often and am always glad to have it as an option. Another winner from BB - she does blushes SO well.

on 5/13/2010 7:00:00 AM

This is a neutral, pale pink matte blush. No shimmer. It was recommended by a BB makeup artist on the internet...I just described my coloring (fair, blue eyes, reddish brown hair). I was using Desert Rose and loved that one too. I would describe Desert Pink as Desert Rose's shy younger sister. It is great for daytime wear. You might want to punch up the color for nighttime by adding a "pop" of color. BB pale pink is a good choose.

Popular Blush Products