August 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lustreglass - Ensign

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Looks like a frosty peachy pink in the tube. However, on my pigmented lips it looks way too silver-frosty-pink. Just doesn't look nice with my tan skin. This gloss was gifted to me...I would never buy a colour like this. I'll try mixing/layering/blending this with some other warmer toned lipsticks and see if it looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a darn shame that they no longer have this color bc I love it! It is such a beautiful metalic-ey peach gloss. I wore so well on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by viikate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I keep on wondering why in many reviews this is called pink-ish; I might attribute this to individual body chemistry and pigmentation of lips but already in the tube this appears to be rather coral. Perhaps individual batches differ? Also applied it is a frosty coral colour to me. I got it in a mini-set from the holidays; I would not repurchase since the colour is not very flattering on me; I probably do prefer pinks after all.

Apart from the colour-issue, this is nice MAC-quality, nothing to complain about; it does bleed a little bit into lip-lines but this is really marginal. Overall just not the right colour for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

ensign is a color I can waer everyday bc i love pinks. This one has a lip brush inside which I always prefer over the lipglass sponge applicator wand. I love it and got it in the holiday 2009 set

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a super cute gloss.
In the tube, it looks like a dark pinky coral.
On my pigmented lips, it comes off as a gorgeous pink with a touch of frost.
It has the lovely vanilla MAC taste and scent!
It's pretty sticky, but I feel like that contributes to it's great lasting power.
It's not too glossy, but has a nice sheen.
I really love this gloss!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my HG lustreglass!!! On pigmented lips, this comes off as a shimmery dusty rose/pink and looks wonderful with all types of eye looks. Love the shine the formula gives me and the brush applicator wand. Just brush it on and do not rub your lips around with this on. The color just stays on for hours if you apply and treat it right.

I like this color for a day/night look. It looks great over other lipsticks which gives it some versatility and gives a beautiful pink look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

This is a lovely colour, but I really hate the brush applicator with a passion. It makes me not want to use this lip gloss. I find my self reaching for another colour I like less because of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the other colors in the 5 sexy shenanigans set, but this color was by far the worst! It is not a very warm pink, it's super frosty and not thick enough, its so liquid-y it just bleeds into my teeth and stays in the corners of the mouth! I loved all the other colors in the set, I just wish this one looked like the warm pinky-peach color it looks like in the bottle, rather than such a frosty color. You really need to put only a little bit on or it is just much too runny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

~ I have never tried the lustre glasses from MAC- I recently received this in a swap and I love it! I find that it is a MLBB color (my lips are quite pigmented) and it goes on so much nicer and smoother then the MAC lipglasses- I may just have to try some other shades! I also love the brush applicator, it applies the color nice and evenly. This color is a bright pink in the tube, but goes on nice and sheer- it looks gorgeous layered over nude lipstick for that Malibu barbie look :) or alone for a toned down look. I believe this was a LE color, so I plan to use it sparingly. I really love it! ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by MarylWski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best all-purpose Lustreglass shades for me. I like the fact that it is less sheer and more pigmented than most lipglosses. The coloration is great so that you can wear it on its own instead of layering it over lipstick. Lustreglass has a great formulation and I've actually used Ensign and Hey Sailor together with much success. It's too bad that the Naughty Nauticals appear to be discontinued. But you can still get them on EBay.