100 Percent Pure Organic Vanilla Bean Shower Gel

Not tested on animals

Organic infusion of White Tea1, Red Rose Petals1, Jasmine1 and Calendula1, Organic Lavender Honey2, Organic Tahitian Vanilla Absolute3, Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla3, Organic Green Coffee Extract4, Organic Saponified Coconut Oil1, Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Extracts of Organic Lavender2, Organic Goldenseal5, Organic Rosemary2, Organic Thyme2, Organic Oregano1 and Organic Cinnamon1, Citric Acid, Witch Hazel, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract

on 4/16/2009 9:50:00 AM

This is a wonderful shower gel. I do have a few gripes. One is that it is less of a gel and more of a liquid, actually i don't view this as a deficit since it works so well, it's just that it suprised me the first time I used it and I ended up spilling a bunch and the floor. Also the scent is more almondy than vanilla and sometimes it borders on smelling a bit plasticy, however, it does smell good on my skin later, very clean smelling on me. Now where this shower gel shines is with it's effects... my skin is totally soft. I keep feeling my legs cuz they feels like two baby butts. I even use it for shaving and I've had no irritation or probs at all. I highly recommend this shower gel for it's softening effect, no toxic chemicals, but not as much for the scent.

on 1/23/2009 2:36:00 AM

My daughter and I found this product at a specialty soap shop, and we both started using it. The consistency is somewhat thin, which I actually like, because it doesn't take a lot of effort to get it out of the bottle, and a little bit lathers up well and goes a long way. The vanilla scent is definitely more vanilla bean, to me, than a foody, bakery-type vanilla. However, when I was giving my daughter a bath (she's a little one), she said, "Mom, what's that one?" Me: "What do you mean? What scent is this?" Her: "Yeah." Me: "It's vanilla bean. Do you like it?" Her: "Yeah, but it doesn't smell like vanilla. It smells like corn. How come it smells like corn?" After she said that, I actually did notice a slight hint of a clean, corn scent. Still, the ingredients are fantastic, and our skin gets clean without being stripped. If I am in the area where the specialty shop is, I always stop in and buy a bottle of this stuff. The Freshly Squeezed Tangerine scent is great, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a good shower gel overall. First off, the smell is wonderful. Like rich vanilla bean frosting or something. Delicious. The smell doesn't stick to the skin or anything, though, so the smell is gone by the time you're done rinsing off. But I think it's worth it anyway. And at least it doesn't stick to the skin in a cloying way.

I like the ingredients, too. It's free of sulfates and parabens. The brand claims that the green coffee ingredient helps with circulation. This stuff is actually quite runny, but it does foam up really well with a shower poof. It doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped or anything. The only complaint is that this sometimes made my sensitive armpit skin burn if I used it after shaving. Most of the time I had no problem with it, though.

It's a little pricey...however, the scent and quality makes it worth it. I've heard that some of the other scents from this brand are total misses, but I would totally repurchase this scent again. I wish they laminated the labels on the bottles -- the some of the print came off after a little while.

Here are the ingredients: Organic infusion of White Tea, Red Rose Petals, Vanilla Flower, Jasmine and Calendula, Organic Lavender Honey, Organic Vanilla Milk, Coconut Cleanser (coco betaine), Organic Tahitian Vanilla Absolute, Bourbon Madagascar, Organic Green Coffee Extract, Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Natural Food Preservatives (less than 0.1%- Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate from Cranberries and Salt)