August 31, 2014 | 1343 users online

Treatments (Face) - 40 carrots-Carrot plus C Vitamin Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a 40 Carrots night cream and face wash fan for a while now, so I decided to try out this product after reading the reviews. Like many other reviewers, I too purchased this serum at TJ Maxx for $5.99. For reference, I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. After about 2 weeks of daily use, my skin is the most clear it's ever been. It has minimized the appearance of my pores, however I haven't noticed much of a difference in oil control. MY skin does appear a lot smoother and even.The glass bottle with a pump is very convenient and easy to use. Serum has a slightly runny consistency. Goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. I wait about a minute for it to dry before applying a moisturizer over it. It is so lightweight that sometimes I use it in the day time as well as night. If you can find it at a Marshall's or TJ Maxx, give it a try!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this serum. I use it in the am under my sunscreen, and have definitely noticed some smoothing on my skin surface, now that I am 3/4 of the way thru the bottle. It has very little scent and the formula soaks in quickly. Not greasy or oily at all. If you can find it at Marshalls or TJMaxx, it's a lot cheaper....but, I found a recipe for homemade Vit C serum, and will be trying that next (glycerin, distilled water, ascorbic acid tablets - can't get any more pure than that!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I recently saw this at TJMaxx for $5.99. Since I'd tried a vit C serum once years and years ago by Avon & had great results w/that one, I thought I'd try the 40 carrots. I bought two bottles because it was such a great price & I figured I could return the 2nd bottle if I didn't see any great results w/the first bottle. All I can say is WOW.. I LOVE IT. It's not as strong as the one Avon use to carry, but that's ok with me because it's also not as heavy & greasy as the avon one was. I had lots of sun damage on my chest area & I can not tell you how fast this serum just gobbled up the brown spots. I'm sooo happy because I was considering IPL's etc., which are pricey. Now, I will say this, if you DON'T have allot of sun damage, you probably wont notice w/the bare eye, how well Vit C works. I say this because my face doesn't have as much sun damage due to all the extra care I've given it, so on my face, I don't "see" much change, but that doesn't mean it's not helping. Based on how dramatically it's changed my chest area, I KNOW this stuff works. I only use it at night before bed because it's really not a day serum IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by AlieNC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooo disappointed to learn that this product contains peanut oil. I'm on my second bottle, and apparently I did not read the packaging. I saw some new reviews on Drugstore.com mentioning this fact. The description on the website is different than the actual packaging. I am oily enough as it is, and certainly don't need to be adding greasy peanut oil to the mix. Lesson learned - always read ingredients on package!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the ingredients and packaging, but unfortunately my skin didn't agree. I found after only 2 days of use my skin was looking super dry, irritated, and quite red. Just not the right skin product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Pandora7

Got this on sale, was actually keen to make my own serum when I came across it. The first week I noticed instant subtle brightening of my skin. Post acne marks started fading, pores started to tighten. I also broke out a little, but I chalk it up to the retinol/vitamin A, as my skin always purges when I use anything with this in it after not using it for a while. Anyway, 2nd week my breakout cleared and I'm noticing my (large) TZone pores are even more tightened and much less congested. I always knew eating foods with Vit A/C was good for skin, but wow what a difference it is topically. I use this twice a day (I've heard vit A/retinol loses it's activity when exposed to light) but what I do is mix it with Jamieson's Vitamin E gel cream and a drop of jojoba oil. I am the queen of reactions to face product so this combo I think, is my current HG. If I need to use BP I apply it first, let it dry a few mins then use my serum mix and it seems to be ok under makeup either way.

I'd recommend. It may sting a bit, minor redness too at first, but that's normal with vit A and retinol. Eventually it goes away as your skin adapts. I'd go with once a day or every other day with this serum if you have any unpleasant redness or drying, till you're used to it. By itself the glycerin makes it a bit sticky, but mixing in a basic hypoallergenic cream or non salicylic/AHA/BHA cream works a dream.( I think AHA/BHA may nullify the vit A/retinol effect, but can't recall where I read that)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to give this a try when I d/c my AST Green Cream use a months ago in favor of a Vitamin C serum treatment. Well, after a few weeks I stopped using this product because it didn't seem to be doing anything except making my skin taut, itchy, red and irritated. It's not very expensive but I also think that it's not beneficial for my mature, combo skin. Maybe for a younger user, but not for me. Back to the drawing board.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetgurl_086

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always stock up on this serum whenever I see it at TJ Maxx. It's not there often, but when it is, I have to get it and it's affordable at $5.99. I use this serum in conjunction with the 40 Carrots Creme Cleanser. It only takes one pump to cover my entire face and it absorbs quickly. My face is always left soft, smooth and radiant. As for the diminishing of wrinkles due to the retinol, my face continues to look youthful. The pump bottle is great and easy to use. It smells decent. I would highly recommend this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by summergirl81

After reading a bunch of info about vitamin c and serums using it, i decided to try this one and see if i liked it. I was really surprised when i did. Paying $15- at rite aid, i didn't expect miracles (i didn't get them either) what i did get though it a great addition to my skin care routine. I used acne washes and creams, so my face gets dried out, i find that this serum helps alleviate that, while improving the overall look of my skin. This has really become a staple in my routine. The downside though, is the packaging. It's a glass pump. while i like the pump and the glass looks pretty, i'm always afraid i'm going to accidentally drop the bottle and have it smash everywhere. Also, i've heard that Vit. C products can degrade and changed when exposed to sunlight, and seeing as the product is in a clear bottle, i keep it in the packaging.
Overall: good product if you want to test out vit. C serums and see how they work for you, the packaging though, could be improved.

EDIT: I've stopped using it, I just couldn't justify spending $15 for a product that didn't seem to be doing much. I'm looking for a cheaper Vit. C product that maybe can deliever some results (I'm going to try a homemade one next)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

After looking at a lot of different vitamin C serums, I finally settled on this one. It costed me $14.99 at Rite Aid which is slightly less than other ones that I looked at, like at the Vitamin Shoppe. Their website says you can buy it from Rite Aid or Amazon.

This is a very light serum in a pump bottle. I find 2 pumps are the perfect amount for my face. It sinks in VERY quickly and leaves my skin feeling taut yet smooth. It's not oily at all like Anew Clearly C serum, which I've used previously. I like it because I can use it twice a day, both morning and night because it's light enough to wear under make-up.

I've been using this for over 2 weeks now and I can start to see an improvement in my skin texture. My pores are smaller, my skin tighter, and my hyperpigmentation is lessening. My skin is much more radiant. I've been using this in conjunction with Olay Regenerist Night Cream and I'm so happy with how my skin looks!

From their website

This carotene powered antioxidant serum recharges and beautifies stressed out skin. Its a fresh, sunny Vitamin C and A antioxidant skin treatment, fortified with a healthy juice complex giving skin a surge of instant energy as it intensely hydrates, infusing a soft, velvety glow. Use in place of or under moisturizer Retinol-rich moisturizing spheres to visibly hydrate, plump and stimulate cellular activity . . . so the skin is more youthfully line-free. Fortified with protein-rich soy and an antioxidant-rich complex of carrot, mango and apricot oil.
continued >>