July 29, 2014 | 1189 users online

Skincare - Body - Badger - Headache Soother

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this in a swap (I have never seen it in the stores or heard of it), but I suffer from migraines...the kind that floor me for about 2 days :(
I literally just used this the moment I felt a migraine coming on, and it has been about 15 minutes or so, and I am feeling better. I rubbed it on my temples and the back of my neck.
I don't know if it will work for everyone who suffers from these darn things, but I can honestly say it did for me.
I hope I can find the Sleep Balm too...that sounds like a good product from the reviews here for sleepless nights!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bellalaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep this in my purse at all times. Not only does it have a refreshing smell, but it helps with the headaches. Being stuck in an office all day, its a refreshing pick me up when added to temples and a touch beneath the nose. The greasiness doesn't bother me at all, its a natural product so I live with it.

I highly recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ok, i love organic & natural products. when i saw this i had to grab it. it didn't really help with my headache and left my forehead and nose too greasy. i' ve been using it as hand balm instead. it is too minty for my taste, so i mix it with burt bee's lemon cuticle balm and it smells awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently discovered Badger products at my local Market of Choice here in Oregon, and I have to say I'm in love with the line in general. My ONE minor complaint about this particular product is that I wish it had more peppermint (which is a GREAT headache number). I suffer from frequent migraines, and this just doesn't have the kick that peppermint essential oil has. I still might buy it again, though, because it does smell lovely otherwise, and is still a great moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Jaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this product is a GEM! I absolutely can not live without it! I order this offline because people in my family tend to get a headache or two.... especially my boyfriend. Well I had a horrible headache last night due to sinus drainage, started at my temples and moved down my neck. So while I was warming up a hot water bottle I rubbed some of this on my neck, and on my chest and under my nose so I can smell it, and even a bit on my hands, I have to say once I put it on it started making me feel less tense and more relaxed. I laid down with this rubbed on and a hot water bottle and it definitely did the trick! I will always keep this on hand, it's a life saver! Love Love Love it! I highly recommend it and I love the tin, it's cute and easy to get out. Cruelty free and organic, makes a wonderful gift. I am getting one for everyone I know this christmas!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by hayleythomson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Badger products in general, as I am trying to make my skincare more natural.

I get lots of tension headaches (contact lens wearer and work at a computer all day). Most afternoons I reach for my tube of 4head, a product available in the UK in a stick form that you rub on to your forehead and even temples to cool and relax a tension headache. It really works.

However, I wanted an alternative a this product smells and feels v artificial.

I loved the smell of the badger product and was keen to try it. However, (and this might be because I am used to a chemical alternative), I didn't find it particularly cooling or soothing. With 4head I get an immediate 'hit' if you know what I mean. I didn't get that with badger. Plus, I found it left my forehead greasy. The only way to really feel this product working was to use lots of it - and because of all the oils it left me worried about making my hair greasy (yes my forehead was that shiny).

So I think I will keep this for mild headaches, but unfortunately it won't replace my usual stick, which works more immediately, and dries to an almost powder finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A pleasant, calming, cooling, relaxing, cheering, uplifting and refreshing balm. This balm is slightly minty and a nice alternative to taking pills for my frequent headaches and travel sickness. ♥

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

I had never heard of this brand before, but it was next to some Burt's Bees items on a display. I tend to get frequent headaches and have tried a few other products, so I thought I might as well try this one.

My first impression was that this might be nice because of all of the essential oils it has in it (Peppermint, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Mandarin, Sandalwood). I also like how it is 80% certified organic. The packaging is very cute (I'm a sucker for serene scene on the lid with the badger taking a nap against a tree with wildlife surrounding him), and since it is in a tin container it seems very portable. The smell of the product is amazing and very soothing. When it is applied it feels like Icy Hot or Tiger Balm without burning. It is tingly and soothing. I have been known to apply Tiger Balm to my temples when my headaches get bad enough and this is probably a safer alternative. ;) Overall I like this product and will add to this review as I use it for a longer time period.