December 19, 2014 | 1502 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kiss Mat Chiffon Whitening Base SPF26 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually don't write a review but this product is so good I cannot help to. This has been my HG product ages ago but for some reason, I have stopped using it (might be because it was rather hard to find) and 5 years later, I have had the chance to have my hands on it again and was surprised why I went that long without using it. I have very oily skin and I wear foundation everyday, be it, liquid or powder. This base keeps my oil at bay (I always fill my oil blotting sheet), extends the longevity of my foundation by at least 70% and even when I break a sweat, it still keeps my face looking like it was just made up! I live in Singapore, which is super humid+hot, so you know how good it is... I use it as my base and sunscreen as it has spf26++ and I will never stop using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

It is a terrible terrible shame this product had to go under Unlisted brand because it has been in the reigning top 3 spots on Cosme.net's ranking charts. Cosme.net is the Japanese equivalent of MakeUpAlley.

As you probably guessed it, this product is Japanese. All the best-kept secrets come from Japanese cosmetics and im here to share some of them with you! When i first saw this base as no.1 on the ranking charts i hardly batted an eyelid. Or rather i was skeptical. I know the brand Kiss and i shoved it into my mental drawer labelled "kiddy drugstore makeup".

On a recent trip to Tokyo i saw this product so i decided to just try it for fun. Was i sorry for my presumptions, and i finally understood why this cheap drugstore product could ever make it to the no.1 spot. It is the epitome of what a makeup base should do.

1. It smoothes out lines and irregularities
2. It has a lovely bouncy texture and is easy to spread
3. Its tinted, so it gives you a little bit of a natural coverage
4. It melts into your skin and does not leave a sticky residue
5. Its well-equipped with SPF26 PA ++

Ive been searching for a base that can handle my tiny pitted scars, and the best ive found so far is Lancome La Base. However i never got to buy it as the stores were perpetually out of stock. Im just thankful i didnt splurge on that, because this is in no way inferior to the Lancome in any sense, plus it has SPF which Lancome doesn't. Using a Sunblock and then a makeup base is piling on too much of stuff on your face anyway.

This lovely product comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle with a pump dispenser. A frosted plastic cap covers the pump and has a beautiful pattern embossed on the top. One pump is enough to cover the whole face. At the price of 1680yen (approx US$16), how can you go wrong?!